Financing Strategies of New Technology-based Firms
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Massimo Colombo & Luca Grilli, 2007. "Funding Gaps? Access To Bank Loans By High-Tech Start-Ups," Small Business Economics, Springer, pages 25-46.
- A. Bozkaya & B. Van Pottelsberghe De La Potterie, 2008.
"Who Funds Technology-Based Small Firms? Evidence From Belgium,"
Economics of Innovation and New Technology,
Taylor & Francis Journals, pages 97-122.
- Ant Bozkaya & Bruno Van Pottelsberghe, 2004. "Who Funds Technology-Based Small Firms? Evidence from Belgium," Working Papers CEB 04-027.RS, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Ant Bozkaya & Bruno Van Pottelsberghe, 2008. "Who funds technology-based small firms? Evidence from Belgium," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/189448, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Bruno Van Pottelsberghe & Ant Bozkaya, 2008. "Who funds technology-based small firms? Evidence from Belgium," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/6387, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Myers, Stewart C. & Majluf, Nicolás S., 1945-, 1984. "Corporate financing and investment decisions when firms have information that investors do not have," Working papers 1523-84., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Stewart C. Myers & Nicholas S. Majluf, 1984. "Corporate Financing and Investment Decisions When Firms Have InformationThat Investors Do Not Have," NBER Working Papers 1396, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Myers, Stewart C, 1984. " The Capital Structure Puzzle," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 39(3), pages 575-592, July.
- Giudici, Giancarlo & Paleari, Stefano, 2000. "The Provision of Finance to Innovation: A Survey Conducted among Italian Technology-Based Small Firms," Small Business Economics, Springer, pages 37-53.
- Chandler, Gaylen N. & Hanks, Steven H., 1998. "An examination of the substitutability of founders human and financial capital in emerging business ventures," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 13(5), pages 353-369, September.
- N. Berger, Allen & F. Udell, Gregory, 1998.
"The economics of small business finance: The roles of private equity and debt markets in the financial growth cycle,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 22(6-8), pages 613-673, August.
- Allen N. Berger & Gregory F. Udell, 1998. "The economics of small business finance: the roles of private equity and debt markets in the financial growth cycle," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 1998-15, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Robert Fairlie & Alicia Robb, 2009.
"Gender differences in business performance: evidence from the Characteristics of Business Owners survey,"
Small Business Economics,
Springer, pages 375-395.
- Fairlie, Robert W. & Robb, Alicia, 2008. "Gender Differences in Business Performance: Evidence from the Characteristics of Business Owners Survey," IZA Discussion Papers 3718, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Robert Fairlie & Alicia Robb, 2008. "Gender Differences in Business Performance: Evidence from the Characteristics of Business Owners Survey," Working Papers 08-39, Center for Economic Studies, U.S. Census Bureau.
- Fairlie, Robert & Robb, Alicia M., 2009. "Gender Differences in Business Performance: Evidence from the Characteristics of Business Owners Survey," Santa Cruz Department of Economics, Working Paper Series qt8rv5w116, Department of Economics, UC Santa Cruz.
- Hogan, Teresa & Hutson, Elaine, 2005. "Capital structure in new technology-based firms: Evidence from the Irish software sector," Global Finance Journal, Elsevier, pages 369-387.
- David B. Audretsch & Erik E. Lehmann, 2004. "Financing High-Tech Growth: The Role Of Banks And Venture Capitalists," Schmalenbach Business Review (sbr), LMU Munich School of Management, vol. 56(4), pages 340-357, October.
- Stewart C. Myers, 1984. "Capital Structure Puzzle," NBER Working Papers 1393, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Freear, John & Wetzel, William Jr., 1990. "Who bankrolls high-tech entrepreneurs?," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 5(2), pages 77-89, March.
- Paul Westhead & David Storey, 1997. "Financial constraints on the growth of high technology small firms in the United Kingdom," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, pages 197-201.
- Nancy M. Carter & Kathleen R. Allen, 1997. "Size determinants of women-owned businesses: choice or barriers to resources?," Entrepreneurship & Regional Development, Taylor & Francis Journals, pages 211-220.
- Cooper, Arnold C. & Gimeno-Gascon, F. Javier & Woo, Carolyn Y., 1994. "Initial human and financial capital as predictors of new venture performance," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 9(5), pages 371-395, September.
- Patricia G. Greene & Candida G. Brush & Myra M. Hart & Patrick Saparito, 2001. "Patterns of venture capital funding: Is gender a factor?," Venture Capital, Taylor & Francis Journals, pages 63-83.
- Myers, Stewart C., 1984. "Capital structure puzzle," Working papers 1548-84., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Lerner, Josh, 1999. "The Government as Venture Capitalist: The Long-Run Impact of the SBIR Program," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 72(3), pages 285-318, July.
- Hustedde, Ronald J. & Pulver, Glen C., 1992. "Factors affecting equity capital acquisition: The demand side," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 7(5), pages 363-374, September.
More about this item
KeywordsTechnology-based firms; New firms; Financing strategies; Kauffman Firm Survey;
- G31 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Capital Budgeting; Fixed Investment and Inventory Studies
- M13 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting; Personnel Economics - - Business Administration - - - New Firms; Startups
- O30 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Innovation; Research and Development; Technological Change; Intellectual Property Rights - - - General
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bap:journl:110401. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Carlson). General contact details of provider: http://www.bapress.ca .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.