Impacts of Climate Change on Crop Production in Bangladesh: A Review
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Dasgupta, Susmita & Huq, Mainul & Khan, Zahirul Huq & Ahmed, Manjur Murshed Zahid & Mukherjee, Nandan & Khan, Malik Fida & Pandey, Kiran, 2010. "Vulnerability of bangladesh to cyclones in a changing climate : potential damages and adaptation cost," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5280, The World Bank.
- Alam, Khorshed, 2015. "Farmers’ adaptation to water scarcity in drought-prone environments: A case study of Rajshahi District, Bangladesh," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 148(C), pages 196-206.
- Amireeta Rawlani & Benjamin Sovacool, 2011. "Building responsiveness to climate change through community based adaptation in Bangladesh," Mitigation and Adaptation Strategies for Global Change, Springer, vol. 16(8), pages 845-863, December.
- Umma Habiba & Rajib Shaw & Yukiko Takeuchi, 2014. "Farmers’ adaptive practices for drought risk reduction in the northwest region of Bangladesh," Natural Hazards: Journal of the International Society for the Prevention and Mitigation of Natural Hazards, Springer;International Society for the Prevention and Mitigation of Natural Hazards, vol. 72(2), pages 337-359, June.
- MOHAJAN, Haradhan Kumar, 2018.
"Analysis Of Food Production And Poverty Reduction Of Bangladesh,"
Annals of Spiru Haret University, Economic Series,
Universitatea Spiru Haret, vol. 9(1), pages 191-205.
- Mohajan, Haradhan, 2018. "Analysis of Food Production and Poverty Reduction of Bangladesh," MPRA Paper 85653, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 08 Feb 2018.
- Mendelsohn, Robert & Dinar, Ariel & Williams, Larry, 2006. "The distributional impact of climate change on rich and poor countries," Environment and Development Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 11(2), pages 159-178, April.
- Mozumdar, Lavlu, 2012. "Agricultural productivity and food security in the developing world," Bangladesh Journal of Agricultural Economics, Bangladesh Agricultural University, vol. 35(1-2).
- Julius Kotir, 2011. "Climate change and variability in Sub-Saharan Africa: a review of current and future trends and impacts on agriculture and food security," Environment, Development and Sustainability: A Multidisciplinary Approach to the Theory and Practice of Sustainable Development, Springer, vol. 13(3), pages 587-605, June.
- Shaikh Eskander & Edward Barbier, 2016.
"Adaptation to natural disasters through the agricultural land rental market: evidence from Bangladesh,"
GRI Working Papers
236, Grantham Research Institute on Climate Change and the Environment.
- Eskander, Shaikh & Barbier, Edward, 2016. "Adaptation to Natural Disasters Through the Agricultural Land Rental Market: Evidence from Bangladesh," 2016 Annual Meeting, July 31-August 2, Boston, Massachusetts 235648, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- A. Atiq Rahman, Mozaharul Alam, Sarder Shafiqul Alam, Md. Rabi Uzzaman, Mariam Rashid and Golam Rabbani, 2007. "Risks, Vulnerability and Adaptation in Bangladesh," Human Development Occasional Papers (1992-2007) HDOCPA-2007-13, Human Development Report Office (HDRO), United Nations Development Programme (UNDP).
- Lopamudra Banerjee, 2010. "Effects of Flood on Agricultural Productivity in Bangladesh," Oxford Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 38(3), pages 339-356.
- Shamsuddin Shahid & Houshang Behrawan, 2008. "Drought risk assessment in the western part of Bangladesh," Natural Hazards: Journal of the International Society for the Prevention and Mitigation of Natural Hazards, Springer;International Society for the Prevention and Mitigation of Natural Hazards, vol. 46(3), pages 391-413, September.
- Susmita Dasgupta & Md. Moqbul Hossain & Mainul Huq & David Wheeler, 2015. "Climate Change, Soil Salinity and Road Maintenance Costs in Coastal Bangladesh," Water Economics and Policy (WEP), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 1(03), pages 1-21.
- Bimal Paul, 2009. "Why relatively fewer people died? The case of Bangladesh’s Cyclone Sidr," Natural Hazards: Journal of the International Society for the Prevention and Mitigation of Natural Hazards, Springer;International Society for the Prevention and Mitigation of Natural Hazards, vol. 50(2), pages 289-304, August.
- B. Dash & M. Rafiuddin & Fahima Khanam & M. Islam, 2012. "Characteristics of meteorological drought in Bangladesh," Natural Hazards: Journal of the International Society for the Prevention and Mitigation of Natural Hazards, Springer;International Society for the Prevention and Mitigation of Natural Hazards, vol. 64(2), pages 1461-1474, November.
More about this item
KeywordsClimate change; Global warming; impacts of climate change; Crop production; Agriculture: sea level rising; Natural disaster; Coastal salinity;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:arp:jacarp:2019:p:6-14. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Managing Editor). General contact details of provider: http://arpgweb.com/index.php?ic=journal&journal=14&info=aims .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.