An Assessment of Islamic Banking in Bosnia and Herzegovina – a comparative analysis using the CAMELS approach
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Katarzyna Kubiszewska & Rafal Komorowski, 2014. "The UK's banking system as financial hub for Islamic banking," International Journal of Behavioural Accounting and Finance, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 4(3), pages 245-258.
- Arestis, Philip & Demetriades, Panicos O, 1997.
"Financial Development and Economic Growth: Assessing the Evidence,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 107(442), pages 783-799, May.
- Panicos O. Demetriades & Philip Arestis, 1996. "Financial Development and Economic Growth: Assessing the Evidence," Keele Department of Economics Discussion Papers (1995-2001) 96/16, Department of Economics, Keele University.
- Sudin Wan Nursofiza Wan Azmi, 2008. "Determinants of Islamic and conventional deposits in the Malaysian banking system," Managerial Finance, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 34(9), pages 618-643, August.
- Serhan Cevik & Joshua Charap, 2015.
"The Behavior of Conventional and Islamic Bank Deposit Returns in Malaysia and Turkey,"
International Journal of Economics and Financial Issues,
Econjournals, vol. 5(1), pages 111-124.
- Joshua Charap & Serhan Cevik, 2011. "The Behavior of Conventional and Islamic Bank Deposit Returns in Malaysia and Turkey," IMF Working Papers 11/156, International Monetary Fund.
- Chong, Beng Soon & Liu, Ming-Hua, 2009. "Islamic banking: Interest-free or interest-based?," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 125-144, January.
- Ariss, Rima Turk, 2010. "Competitive conditions in Islamic and conventional banking: A global perspective," Review of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(3), pages 101-108, August.
- repec:elg:eechap:15755_3 is not listed on IDEAS
- Schauten, Marc B.J. & Willemstein, Robin & Zwinkels, Remco C.J., 2015. "A tale of feedback trading by hedge funds," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 34(C), pages 239-259.
- repec:elg:eechap:15755_7 is not listed on IDEAS
- Olson, Dennis & Zoubi, Taisier A., 2008. "Using accounting ratios to distinguish between Islamic and conventional banks in the GCC region," The International Journal of Accounting, Elsevier, vol. 43(1), pages 45-65, March.
- repec:ucp:jlawec:doi:10.1086/696384 is not listed on IDEAS
- Akbar E. Torbat, 2005. "Impacts of the US Trade and Financial Sanctions on Iran," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 28(3), pages 407-434, March.
- Bourkhis, Khawla & Nabi, Mahmoud Sami, 2013. "Islamic and conventional banks' soundness during the 2007–2008 financial crisis," Review of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 68-77.
- repec:elg:eechap:15755_6 is not listed on IDEAS
- Jenwittayaroje, Nattawut & Charoenwong, Charlie & Ding, David K. & Yang, Yung Chiang, 2015. "Trading costs on the Stock Exchange of Thailand," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 31-40.
- Iqbal, Munawar, 2001. "Islamic and Conventional Banking in the Nineties: A Comparative Study," Islamic Economic Studies, The Islamic Research and Training Institute (IRTI), vol. 8, pages 1-27.
- Ross Levine & Chen Lin & Lai Wei, 2017. "Insider Trading and Innovation," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 60(4), pages 749-800.
More about this item
KeywordsIslamic Banking; CAMELs; Bosnia and Herzegovina;
- G20 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - General
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ann:inecon:y:2016:i:16:p:367-387. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (International Economics). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/welodpl.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.