Policy measures and failures on foreign currency household lending in central and eastern Europe
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Brzoza-Brzezina, Michał & Chmielewski, Tomasz & Niedźwiedzińska, Joanna, 2007.
"Substitution between domestic and foreign currency loans in Central Europe. Do central banks matter?,"
6759, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Brzoza-Brzezina, Michał & Chmielewski, Tomasz & Niedźwiedzińska, Joanna, 2010. "Substitution between domestic and foreign currency loans in Central Europe. Do central banks matter?," Working Paper Series 1187, European Central Bank.
- Martin Brown & Marcel Peter & Simon Wehrmüller, 2009. "Swiss Franc Lending in Europe," Aussenwirtschaft, University of St. Gallen, School of Economics and Political Science, Swiss Institute for International Economics and Applied Economics Research, vol. 64(02), pages 167-181, June.
- Basso, Henrique S. & Calvo-Gonzalez, Oscar & Jurgilas, Marius, 2011. "Financial dollarization: The role of foreign-owned banks and interest rates," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 35(4), pages 794-806, April.
- J.A. Bikker & L. Spierdijk, 2008. "How Banking Competition changed over Time," Working Papers 08-04, Utrecht School of Economics.
- Zuzana Brixiova & Laura Vartia & Andreas Wörgötter, 2009.
"Capital Inflows, Household Debt and the Boom-bust Cycle in Estonia,"
OECD Economics Department Working Papers
700, OECD Publishing.
- Zuzana Brixiova & Laura Vartia & Andreas Woergoetter, 2009. "Capital Inflows, Household Debt And The Boom Bust Cycle In Estonia," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series wp965, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Egert, Balazs & Drine, Imed & Lommatzsch, Kirsten & Rault, Christophe, 2003.
"The Balassa-Samuelson effect in Central and Eastern Europe: myth or reality?,"
Journal of Comparative Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 552-572, September.
- Bal??zs ??gert & Imed Drine & Kirsten Lommatzsch & Christophe Rault, 2002. "The Balassa-Samuelson effect in Central and Eastern Europe: Myth or reality?," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series 483, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Balázs Égert & Imed Drine & Kirsten Lommatzsch & Christophe Rault, 2005. "The Balassa-Samuelson Effect in Central and Eastern Europe: Myth or Reality?," Documents de recherche 05-15, Centre d'Études des Politiques Économiques (EPEE), Université d'Evry Val d'Essonne.
- Anne O. Krueger, 2000. "Conflicting Demands on the International Monetary Fund," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 90(2), pages 38-42, May.
- Dietrich Domanski, 2005. "Foreign banks in emerging market economies: changing players, changing issues," BIS Quarterly Review, Bank for International Settlements, December.
- Calvo-Gonzalez, Oscar & Basso, Henrique S. & Jurgilas, Marius, 2007. "Financial dollarization: the role of banks and interest rates," Working Paper Series 748, European Central Bank.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:mes:emfitr:v:53:y:2017:i:7:p:1641-1653 is not listed on IDEAS
- Júlia Király & András Simonovits, 2017.
"Mortgages Denominated in Domestic and Foreign Currencies: Simple Models,"
Emerging Markets Finance and Trade,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 53(7), pages 1641-1653, July.
- Julia Kiraly & Andras Simonovits, 2015. "Mortgages denominated in domestic and foreign currencies: Simple models," IEHAS Discussion Papers 1513, Institute of Economics, Centre for Economic and Regional Studies, Hungarian Academy of Sciences.
- András Bethlendi, 2015. "Bad product development results in systemic market failure – Foreign currency mortgage loans to Hungarian households," Financial and Economic Review, Magyar Nemzeti Bank (Central Bank of Hungary), vol. 14(1), pages 5-30.
- Pál Péter Kolozsi & Ádám Banai & Balázs Vonnák, 2015. "Phasing out household foreign currency loans: schedule and framework," Financial and Economic Review, Magyar Nemzeti Bank (Central Bank of Hungary), vol. 14(3), pages 60-87.
- repec:cbh:journl:v:14:y:2015:i:1:p:5-30 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:cbh:journl:v:14:y:2015:i:3:p:60-87 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
Keywordshousehold borrowing; currency mismatch; international comparison; Central and Eastern Europe; policy measure;
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
- G28 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Government Policy and Regulation
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:aka:aoecon:v:61:y:2011:i:2:p:193-223. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Vajda, Lőrinc). General contact details of provider: http://www.akkrt.hu .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.