Dynamics Of Regional Fed Cattle Prices
The dynamic relationship between four regional cash prices for fed (slaughter) cattle is investigated using time series analysis and causality tests. The results indicate that price adjustments to new information take about one week. Texas Panhandle price also was determined to dominate the price discovery process. Regional prices also were found to be interdependent. This suggests that increasing regional meat packer concentration may not grant meat packers increased regional market power in their pricing practices.
Volume (Year): 10 (1985)
Issue (Month): 01 (July)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://waeaonline.org/|
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Geweke, John & Meese, Richard & Dent, Warren, 1983. "Comparing alternative tests of causality in temporal systems : Analytic results and experimental evidence," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 21(2), pages 161-194, February.
- Rausser, Gordon C. & Carter, Colin, 1981.
"Futures market efficiency in the soybean complex,"
CUDARE Working Paper Series
139R, University of California at Berkeley, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics and Policy.
- Rausser, Gordon C. & Carter, Colin A., 1982. "Futures market efficiency in the soybean complex," Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley, Working Paper Series qt7d48x9qc, Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley.
- Brorsen, B Wade & Chavas, Jean-Paul & Grant, Warren R, 1985. "A Dynamic Analysis of Prices in the U.S. Rice Marketing Channel," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 3(4), pages 362-69, October.
- TjOstheim, Dag, 1981. "Granger-causality in multiple time series," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 17(2), pages 157-176, November.
- Danthine, Jean-Pierre, 1977. "Martingale, market efficiency and commodity prices," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 10(1), pages 1-17.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:wjagec:32512. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.