Effect Of Debt Position On The Choice Of Marketing Strategies For Florida Orange Growers: A Risk Efficiency Approach
This study examined the relationship between debt position and choice of marketing instrument. Specifically, this study employed first and second degree stochastic dominance, and stochastic dominance with respect to a function to determine whether the efficient marketing instrument changes between debt positions. The results indicate that the choice of marketing instrument does vary with debt position in some marketing periods if the decision-maker is moderately risk averse.
Volume (Year): 23 (1991)
Issue (Month): 02 (December)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.saea.org/jaae/jaae.htm|
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Gordon C. Rausser & James A. Chalfant & H. Alan Love & Kostas G. Stamoulis, 1986.
"Macroeconomic Linkages, Taxes, and Subsidies in the U.S. Agricultural Sector,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 68(2), pages 399-412.
- Rausser, Gordon C. & James, Chalfant A. & Love, H. Alan & Stamoulis, Kostas G., 1986. "Macroeconomic linkages, taxes, and subsidies in the U.S. agricultural sector," Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley, Working Paper Series qt1nj635tk, Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley.
- Rausser, Gordon C. & Chalfant, James A. & Love, H. Alan & Stamoulis, Kostas G., 1986. "Macroeconomic linkages, taxes, and subsidies in the U.S. agricultural sector," CUDARE Working Paper Series 393, University of California at Berkeley, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics and Policy.
- Anderson, Jock R. & Feder, Gershon, 2007. "Agricultural Extension," Handbook of Agricultural Economics, Elsevier.
- Meyer, Jack, 1977. "Second Degree Stochastic Dominance with Respect to a Function," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 18(2), pages 477-87, June.
- Meyer, Jack, 1987. "Two-moment Decision Models and Expected Utility Maximization," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 77(3), pages 421-30, June.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:sojoae:30046. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.