Stabilization Policies And Agricultural Impacts In Developing Countries: The Case Of Bolivia
This research examines the success of stabilization policies to control hyperinflation in Bolivia. Money demand functions for the hyperinflation and stabilization periods were econometrically estimated and statistically tested. We conclude that the demand for money in Bolivia changed after stabilization policies were implemented, indicating that the new government's objectives were met. Stabilization policies resulted in real economic growth for Bolivia's economy, including its agricultural sector, where agricultural export shares increased tenfold as stabilization policies corrected overvalued exchange rates.
Volume (Year): 27 (1995)
Issue (Month): 01 (July)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.saea.org/jaae/jaae.htm|
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Chambers, Robert G. & Just, Richard E., 1982. "An investigation of the effect of monetary factors on agriculture," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 9(2), pages 235-247.
- Caramazza, Francesco & Hostland, Doug & Poloz, Stephen, 1990. "The demand for money and the monetary policy process in Canada," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 12(2), pages 387-426.
- Melvin, Michael, 1988. "The Dollarization of Latin America as a Market-Enforced Monetary Reform: Evidence and Implications," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 36(3), pages 543-58, April.
- G. Edward Schuh, 1974. "The Exchange Rate and U. S. Agriculture," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 56(1), pages 1-13.
- Serletis, Apostolos, 1987. "On the Demand for Money in the United States," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 12(4), pages 249-55.
- Valdes, Alberto, 1993. "The macroeconomic environment necessary for agricultural trade and price policy reforms," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 18(4), pages 272-282, August.
- Bagliano, Fabio-Cesare & Favero, Carlo A., 1992. "Money demand instability, expectations and policy regimes: A note on the case of Italy: 1964-1986," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 16(2), pages 331-349, April.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:joaaec:15336. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.