Measuring The Degree Of Oligopsony Power In The Beef Packing Industry In The Absence Of Marketing Input Quantity Data
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Bresnahan, Timothy F., 1982. "The oligopoly solution concept is identified," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 10(1-2), pages 87-92.
- Lau, Lawrence J., 1982. "On identifying the degree of competitiveness from industry price and output data," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 10(1-2), pages 93-99.
- Ospina, Enrique & Shumway, C. Richard, 1979. "Disaggregated Analysis Of Short-Run Beef Supply Response," Western Journal of Agricultural Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 4(02), December.
- Schroeter, John R, 1988.
"Estimating the Degree of Market Power in the Beef Packing Industry,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 70(1), pages 158-162, February.
- Schroeter, John R., 1988. "Estimating the Degree of Market Power in the Beef Packing Industry," Staff General Research Papers Archive 11114, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Gallant, A. Ronald & Jorgenson, Dale W., 1979. "Statistical inference for a system of simultaneous, non-linear, implicit equations in the context of instrumental variable estimation," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 11(2-3), pages 275-302.
- Appelbaum, Elie, 1982. "The estimation of the degree of oligopoly power," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 19(2-3), pages 287-299, August.
- A. M. Azzam, 1992. "Testing The Competitiveness Of Food Price Spreads," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 43(2), pages 248-256.
- Catherine J. Morrison, 1997. "Structural Change, Capital Investment and Productivity in the Food Processing Industry," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 79(1), pages 110-125.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Perekhozhuk, Oleksandr & Grings, Michael, 2007. "Econometric Analysis Of Market Power On The Ukrainian Market For Raw Milk," 47th Annual Conference, Weihenstephan, Germany, September 26-28, 2007 7575, German Association of Agricultural Economists (GEWISOLA).
- Sandra Rodríuez Piñeros & David K. Lewis, 2005. "Estimating the Imperfection in Sawtimber markets: a case study for the South Pacific Region, Colombia," Lecturas de Economía, Universidad de Antioquia, Departamento de Economía, issue 63, pages 231-260, Julio-Dic.
- Perekhozhuk, Oleksandr, 2007.
"Marktstruktur und Preisbildung auf dem ukrainischen Markt für Rohmilch,"
Studies on the Agricultural and Food Sector in Transition Economies,
Leibniz Institute of Agricultural Development in Transition Economies (IAMO), volume 41, number 92322.
- Perekhozhuk, Oleksandr, 2007.
"Marktstruktur und Preisbildung auf dem ukrainischen Markt für Rohmilch
[Market structure and pricing on the Ukrainian market for raw milk]," MPRA Paper 21958, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Perekhozhuk, Oleksandr, 2007. "Marktstruktur und Preisbildung auf dem ukrainischen Markt für Rohmilch
- Perekhozhuk Oleksandr & Hockmann Heinrich & Fertő Imre & Bakucs Lajos Zoltán, 2013.
"Identification of Market Power in the Hungarian Dairy Industry: A Plant-Level Analysis,"
Journal of Agricultural & Food Industrial Organization,
De Gruyter, vol. 11(1), pages 1-13, January.
- Perekhozhuk, Oleksandr & Hockmann, Heinrich & Bakucs, Lajos Zoltan & Ferto, Imre, 2011. "Identification Of Market Power In The Hungarian Dairy Industry: A Plant-Level Analysis," 2011 International Congress, August 30-September 2, 2011, Zurich, Switzerland 114768, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Griffith, G.R., 2000. "Competition in the Food Marketing Chain," 2000 Conference (44th), January 23-25, 2000, Sydney, Australia 171911, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society.
- Liang, Jing, 2010. "Three essays on food safety and foodborne illness," ISU General Staff Papers 201001010800002782, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Hockmann, Heinrich & Voneki, Eva, 2007. "Assessing Market Functioning: The Case of the Hungarian Milk Chain," 104th Seminar, September 5-8, 2007, Budapest, Hungary 7805, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Yin Xia & Steven Buccola, 2002. "Size, cost, and productivity in the meat processing industries," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 18(3), pages 283-299.
- Scalco, Paulo Roberto & Braga, Marcelo Jose, 2014. "Measuring the Degree of Oligopsony Power in the Brazilian Raw Milk Market," International Food and Agribusiness Management Review, International Food and Agribusiness Management Association (IFAMA), vol. 17(2).
- ÄŒechura, LukÃ¡Å¡ & Å½Ã¡kovÃ¡ KroupovÃ¡, ZdeÅˆka & Hockmann, H., 2015. "Market Power in the European Dairy Industry," AGRIS on-line Papers in Economics and Informatics, Czech University of Life Sciences Prague, Faculty of Economics and Management, vol. 7(4), December.
- Cechur, Lukas & Hockmann, Heinrich & Levkovych, Inna, 2015. "Do the EU food processors abuse Oligopsony market power?," 2015 Conference, August 9-14, 2015, Milan, Italy 212043, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Griffith, Garry R., 2000. "Competition in the food marketing chain," Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 44(3), September.
- Yukichika Kawata, 2011. "Extended Model of the Natural Resource Input-Output Market: Game Meat in Latvia as an Example," South-Eastern Europe Journal of Economics, Association of Economic Universities of South and Eastern Europe and the Black Sea Region, vol. 9(2), pages 167-185.
- Perekhozhuk, Oleksandr & Matyukha, Andriy & Glauben, Thomas, 2011. "Estimating the Degree of Buyers' Market Power: Evidence from the Ukrainian Meat Processing Industry," 2011 International Congress, August 30-September 2, 2011, Zurich, Switzerland 114782, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Voneki, Eva & Hockmann, Heinrich, 2009. "Price distortions on the Hungarian raw milk market," 2009 Conference, August 16-22, 2009, Beijing, China 51673, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Bakucs, Lajos Zoltan & Ferto, Imre & Hockmann, Heinrich & Perekhozhuk, Oleksandr, 2009. "Market power on the edge? An analysis of the German and Hungarian hog markets," German Journal of Agricultural Economics, Humboldt-Universitaet zu Berlin, Department for Agricultural Economics, vol. 58(8).
- Derek G. Brewin, 2016. "Competition in Canada's Agricultural Value Chains: The Case of Grain," Canadian Journal of Agricultural Economics/Revue canadienne d'agroeconomie, Canadian Agricultural Economics Society/Societe canadienne d'agroeconomie, vol. 64(1), pages 5-19, March.
- Key, Nigel D. & MacDonald, James M., 2008. "Local Monopsony Power in the Market for Broilers - Evidence from a Farm Survey," 2008 Annual Meeting, July 27-29, 2008, Orlando, Florida 6073, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Oleksandr Perekhozhuk, 2013. "Modern Concepts for Pricing Analysis in Imperfect Competition Production Factor Market," Accounting and Finance, Institute of Accounting and Finance, issue 4, pages 99-106, December.
- Perekhozhuk, Oleksandr & Grings, Michael, 2007. "Okonometrische Analyse Von Marktmacht Auf Dem Ukrainischen Markt Fur Rohmilch," 47th Annual Conference, Weihenstephan, Germany, September 26-28, 2007 7597, German Association of Agricultural Economists (GEWISOLA).
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:jlaare:30795. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/waeaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.