Price Volatility Spillover in Agricultural Markets: An Examination of U.S. Catfish Markets
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Bailey, DeeVon & Brorsen, B. Wade, 1989. "Price Asymmetry In Spatial Fed Cattle Markets," Western Journal of Agricultural Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 14(02), December.
- Apergis, Nicholas & Rezitis, Anthony, 2001. "Asymmetric Cross-Market Volatility Spillovers: Evidence from Daily Data on Equity and Foreign Exchange Markets," Manchester School, University of Manchester, vol. 69(0), pages 81-96, Supplemen.
- Barry K. Goodwin & Matthew T. Holt, 1999.
"Price Transmission and Asymmetric Adjustment in the U.S. Beef Sector,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 81(3), pages 630-637.
- Goodwin, Barry K. & Holt, Matthew T., 1998. "Price Transmission and Asymmetric Ajustment in the U.S. Beef Sector," Staff Papers 232533, Virginia Tech, Department of Agricultural and Applied Economics.
- Bernard, John C. & Willett, Lois Schertz, 1996. "Asymmetric Price Relationships In The U.S. Broiler Industry," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 28(02), December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jiang, Jingze & Marsh, Thomas L. & Tozer, Peter R., 2015. "Policy induced price volatility transmission: Linking the U.S. crude oil, corn and plastics markets," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 52(PA), pages 217-227.
- Torben G. Andersen & Tim Bollerslev & Peter F. Christoffersen & Francis X. Diebold, 2005.
PIER Working Paper Archive
05-011, Penn Institute for Economic Research, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania.
- Andersen, Torben G. & Bollerslev, Tim & Christoffersen, Peter F. & Diebold, Francis X., 2005. "Volatility forecasting," CFS Working Paper Series 2005/08, Center for Financial Studies (CFS).
- Torben G. Andersen & Tim Bollerslev & Peter F. Christoffersen & Francis X. Diebold, 2005. "Volatility Forecasting," NBER Working Papers 11188, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Sarker, Rakhal & Oyewumi, Olubukola Ayodeji, 1. "Trade Policy Change And Price Volatility Spill-Over In A Customs Union: A Case Study Of Lamb Trade Between Namibia And South Africa," International Journal of Food and Agricultural Economics (IJFAEC), Alanya Alaaddin Keykubat University, Department of Economics and Finance, vol. 3(1).
- Fedorova, Elena, 2011. "Transfer of financial risk in emerging eastern European stock markets : A sectoral perspective," BOFIT Discussion Papers 24/2011, Bank of Finland, Institute for Economies in Transition.
- Rezitis Anthony N & Stavropoulos Konstantinos S, 2011. "Price Transmission and Volatility in the Greek Broiler Sector: A Threshold Cointegration Analysis," Journal of Agricultural & Food Industrial Organization, De Gruyter, vol. 9(1), pages 1-37, July.
- Shihabudheen, M.T. & Padhi, Puja, 2010. "Price Discovery and Volatility Spillover Effect in Indian Commodity Market," Indian Journal of Agricultural Economics, Indian Society of Agricultural Economics, vol. 65(1).
- Serra, Teresa, 2011. "Food scare crises and price volatility: The case of the BSE in Spain," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(2), pages 179-185, April.
- Maples, William & Harri, Ardian & Riley, John Michael & Tack, Jesse & Williams, Brian, 2016. "Determining the Effectiveness of Exchange Traded Funds as a Risk Management Tool for Southeastern Producers," 2016 Annual Meeting, February 6-9, 2016, San Antonio, Texas 229979, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
- López Cabrera, Brenda & Schulz, Franziska, 2016.
"Volatility linkages between energy and agricultural commodity prices,"
Elsevier, vol. 54(C), pages 190-203.
- Brenda López Cabrera, & Franziska Schulz,, 2013. "Volatility linkages between energy and agricultural commodity prices," SFB 649 Discussion Papers SFB649DP2013-042, Sonderforschungsbereich 649, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany.
- Andersen, Torben G. & Bollerslev, Tim & Christoffersen, Peter F. & Diebold, Francis X., 2006. "Volatility and Correlation Forecasting," Handbook of Economic Forecasting, Elsevier.
- Teresa Serra & José M. Gil, 2013.
"Price volatility in food markets: can stock building mitigate price fluctuations?,"
European Review of Agricultural Economics,
Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 40(3), pages 507-528, July.
- Serra, Teresa & Gil, Jose Maria, 2012. "Price volatility in food markets: can stock building mitigate price fluctuations?," 2012 Conference, August 18-24, 2012, Foz do Iguacu, Brazil 126055, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Oyewumi, Olubukola Ayodeju & Sarker, Rakhal, 2010. "Volatility Spill-over in a Customs Union: The Case of South Africa Sheep Import from Namibia," 2010 AAAE Third Conference/AEASA 48th Conference, September 19-23, 2010, Cape Town, South Africa 96196, African Association of Agricultural Economists (AAAE);Agricultural Economics Association of South Africa (AEASA).
- repec:bla:jageco:v:68:y:2017:i:3:p:861-880 is not listed on IDEAS
- Listorti, Giulia & Esposti, Roberto, 2012. "Horizontal Price Transmission in Agricultural Markets: Fundamental Concepts and Open Empirical Issues," Bio-based and Applied Economics Journal, Italian Association of Agricultural and Applied Economics (AIEAA), issue 1, April.
- Pozo, Veronica F. & Schroeder, Ted C., 2012. "Price and Volatility Spillover between Livestock and Related Commodity Markets," 2012 Annual Meeting, August 12-14, 2012, Seattle, Washington 124798, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Panagiotou, Dimitrios, 3. "Volatility Spillover Effects In The Extra Virgin Olive Oil Markets Of The Mediterranean," International Journal of Food and Agricultural Economics (IJFAEC), Alanya Alaaddin Keykubat University, Department of Economics and Finance, vol. 3(3).
- Chen, Xuan & Scuderi, Ben, 2016. "Assessing the Market Integration of Domestic and Imported Catfish in the U.S," 2016 Annual Meeting, July 31-August 2, 2016, Boston, Massachusetts 235550, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Haixia, Wu & Shiping, Li, 2013. "Volatility spillovers in China’s crude oil, corn and fuel ethanol markets," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 62(C), pages 878-886.
- Beckmann, Joscha & Czudaj, Robert, 2014. "Volatility transmission in agricultural futures markets," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 36(C), pages 541-546.
- Uchezuba, I.D. & Jooste, Andre & Willemse, Johan, 2010. "Measuring Asymmetric Price and Volatility Spillover in the South African Broiler Market," 2010 AAAE Third Conference/AEASA 48th Conference, September 19-23, 2010, Cape Town, South Africa 96434, African Association of Agricultural Economists (AAAE);Agricultural Economics Association of South Africa (AEASA).
- Siami-Namini, Sima & Hudson, Darren, 2017. "Volatility Spillover Between Oil Prices, Us Dollar Exchange Rates And International Agricultural Commodities Prices," 2017 Annual Meeting, February 4-7, 2017, Mobile, Alabama 252845, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
More about this item
Keywordscatfish; EGARCH; vertical market chains; volatility spillover; Demand and Price Analysis;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:jlaare:30716. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/waeaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.