Animal husbandry in Africa: Climate change impacts and adaptations
Download full text from publisher
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kim, Chung-Sil & Jung, Hye-Kyung & Lee, Sang-Ho & Park, Soo-Young & Takei, Atsuo, 2012. "An Analysis on Determinants of FarmersÂ´ Adaptation to Climate Change in Korea," Journal of Rural Development/Nongchon-Gyeongje, Korea Rural Economic Institute, vol. 35(2), July.
- Ajao, A.O. & Ogunniyi, L.T., 2011. "Farmersâ€™ strategies for adapting to climate change in Ogbomoso agricultural zone of Oyo state," AGRIS on-line Papers in Economics and Informatics, Czech University of Life Sciences Prague, Faculty of Economics and Management, vol. 3(3), September.
- Pham Khanh Nam, 2010. "Cooperative Behavior, Social Capital and Development: Evidence from the Mekong River Delta in Vietnam," EEPSEA Research Report rr2010125, Economy and Environment Program for Southeast Asia (EEPSEA), revised Dec 2010.
- Deressa, Temesgen Tadesse & Ringler, Claudia & Hassan, Rashid M., 2010. "Factors affecting the choices of coping strategies for climate extremes: The case of farmers in the Nile Basin of Ethiopia," IFPRI discussion papers 1032, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Amsalu Woldie Yalew, 2016. "Economy-wide Effects of Climate Change in Ethiopia," EcoMod2016 9750, EcoMod.
- Assa, Maganga Mulagha & Gebremariam, Gebrelibanos G. & Mapemba, Lawrence D., 2013. "A cross-region study: climate change adaptation in Malawi's agro-based systems," 2013 AAAE Fourth International Conference, September 22-25, 2013, Hammamet, Tunisia 161304, African Association of Agricultural Economists (AAAE).
- Rapson, David, 2014. "Durable goods and long-run electricity demand: Evidence from air conditioner purchase behavior," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 68(1), pages 141-160.
- Abayomi Samuel Oyekale, 2015. "Access to Risk Mitigating Weather Forecasts and Changes in Farming Operations in East and West Africa: Evidence from a Baseline Survey," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 7(11), pages 1-19, October.
- Mohamed Esham & Chris Garforth, 2013. "Agricultural adaptation to climate change: insights from a farming community in Sri Lanka," Mitigation and Adaptation Strategies for Global Change, Springer, vol. 18(5), pages 535-549, June.
- S. Seo & Robert Mendelsohn & Ariel Dinar & Rashid Hassan & Pradeep Kurukulasuriya, 2009.
"A Ricardian Analysis of the Distribution of Climate Change Impacts on Agriculture across Agro-Ecological Zones in Africa,"
Environmental & Resource Economics,
Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 43(3), pages 313-332, July.
- Seo, S. Niggol & Mendelsohn, Robert & Dinar, Ariel & Hassan, Rashid & Kurukulasuriya, Pradeep, 2008. "A ricardian analysis of the distribution of climate change impacts on agriculture across agro-ecological zones in Africa," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4599, The World Bank.
- Seo, S. Niggol, 2010. "Is an integrated farm more resilient against climate change? A micro-econometric analysis of portfolio diversification in African agriculture," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 32-40, February.
- Hutchinson, Sharon & Gomes, Charmaine & Alleyne, Dillon & Phillips, Willard, 2013. "An assessment of the economic and social impacts of climate change on the agriculture sector in the Caribbean," Sede Subregional de la CEPAL para el Caribe (Estudios e Investigaciones) 38278, Naciones Unidas Comisión Económica para América Latina y el Caribe (CEPAL).
- Martina Bozzola & Emanuele Massetti & Robert Mendelsohn & Fabian Capitanio, 2017. "A Ricardian Analysis of the Impact of Climate Change on Italian Agriculture," Working Papers 2017.23, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Di Falco, Salvatore & Bulte, Erwin, 2013. "The Impact of Kinship Networks on the Adoption of Risk-Mitigating Strategies in Ethiopia," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 43(C), pages 100-110.
- Seo, S. Niggol & McCarl, Bruce A. & Mendelsohn, Robert, 2010. "From beef cattle to sheep under global warming? An analysis of adaptation by livestock species choice in South America," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 69(12), pages 2486-2494, October.
More about this item
KeywordsClimate change; Livestock; Impact; Adaptation; Africa; Livestock Production/Industries; Resource /Energy Economics and Policy; Q12; Q25;
- Q12 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Micro Analysis of Farm Firms, Farm Households, and Farm Input Markets
- Q25 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Renewable Resources and Conservation - - - Water
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:afjare:56968. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/aaaeaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.