A Survey of Greek Agricultural E-Markets
The role that information technology plays in todayâ€™s business activities has led to an increase in firms using and/or deploying e-markets online. This development undoubtedly affects the agri-food sector, since a large number of agricultural firms are demonstrating or are expected to demonstrate e-commerce activities. This paper aims to provide an overview of the current status of agricultural e-markets in Greece, by presenting results from an analysis of 100 cases. Results indicate that Greek e-markets may still have a rather low degree of sophistication, but they demonstrate a strong B2B orientation, as well as an outreach for international customer bases.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Grieger, Martin, 2003. "Electronic marketplaces: A literature review and a call for supply chain management research," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 144(2), pages 280-294, January.
- Rolf A.E. Mueller, 2001. "E-Commerce and Entrepreneurship in Agricultural Markets," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 83(5), pages 1243-1249.
- Gianni Petino & Marcella Rizzo, 2005. "E-Commerce In Sicily: Sicilian Oil And Wine," Others 0509006, EconWPA.
- Maurizio Canavari & Daniela Miniucchi & Giuseppe Nocella & Davide Viaggi, 2004. "Electronic Commerce in Agriculture and Agribusiness: the Case of Emilia-Romagna (Italy)," Others 0409002, EconWPA.
- Fritz, Melanie & Hausen, Tobias & Schiefer, Gerhard, 2004. "Developments and Development Directions of Electronic Trade Platforms in US and European Agri-Food Markets: Impact on Sector Organization," International Food and Agribusiness Management Review, International Food and Agribusiness Management Association (IAMA), vol. 7(01).
- Clasen, Michael, 2004. "Success Factors of Digital Markets in the Agricultural and Food Industry," 2004 Conference (48th), February 11-13, 2004, Melbourne, Australia 58394, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:aergaa:58282. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.