Stock Markets Correlation: before and during the Crisis Analysis
The article studies the correlations between the stock markets of the greatest financial centers in the world, namely New York, London and Tokyo, in two different time intervals, namely before the global crisis that erupted in 2007 and during it, in order to determine whether the stock markets correlate more strongly during increasing or decreasing trends. The results of the analysis, carried out by means of multiple regressions, show that the links between the three stock markets were more intense during the crisis, on a decreasing trend respectively, than before the financial turmoil, when the stock indexes had an upward trend.
Volume (Year): XVIII(2011) (2011)
Issue (Month): 8(561) (August)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Bucharest, Calea Griviţei nr. 21, sector 1, 010702|
Phone: +40 21 3 12 22 48
Fax: +40 21 3 12 97 17
Web page: http://www.asociatiaeconomistilor.ro/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Markwat, Thijs & Kole, Erik & van Dijk, Dick, 2009.
"Contagion as a domino effect in global stock markets,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 33(11), pages 1996-2012, November.
- Markwat, T.D. & Kole, H.J.W.G. & van Dijk, D.J.C., 2008. "Contagion as Domino Effect in Global Stock Markets," ERIM Report Series Research in Management ERS-2008-071-F&A, Erasmus Research Institute of Management (ERIM), ERIM is the joint research institute of the Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University and the Erasmus School of Economics (ESE) at Erasmus University Rotterdam.
- Mierau, Jochen O. & Mink, Mark, 2013. "Are stock market crises contagious? The role of crisis definitions," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 37(12), pages 4765-4776.
- Mark Mink & Jochen Mierau, 2009. "Measuring Stock Market Contagion with an Application to the Sub-prime Crisis," DNB Working Papers 217, Netherlands Central Bank, Research Department.
- Antonio Forte & Giovanni Pesce, 2009. "The International Financial Crisis: an Expert Survey," SERIES 0024, Dipartimento di Economia e Finanza - Università degli Studi di Bari "Aldo Moro", revised Apr 2009.
- Antonio Forte & Giovanni Pesce, 2009. "The International Financial Crisis Viewed by Experts," Economic Notes, Banca Monte dei Paschi di Siena SpA, vol. 38(1-2), pages 67-95, 02. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:agr:journl:v:8(561):y:2011:i:8(561):p:111-122. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Marin Dinu)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.