Household Saving In Western European Countries. A General Overview
A key factor to economic recovery and development is household saving. Keeping this in mind, the present paper aims at analysing the evolution of the saving rates of selected Western European countries for the period between 1995 and 2011. The focus was on identifying groups of countries with similar saving rates and socio-economic characteristics. Due to the way in which the groups were formed in our analysis, we were able to highlight some similarities within groups and divergences between groups, from which the conclusion that saving behaviour is determined by a combination of economic, social, demographic and cultural factors may be drawn.
Volume (Year): 1 (2012)
Issue (Month): 2 (DECEMBER)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 6 ROMANA PLACE, 70167 - BUCHAREST|
Web page: http://www.jses.ase.ro
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Martin Browning & Annamaria Lusardi, 1996.
"Household Saving: Micro Theories and Micro Facts,"
Journal of Economic Literature,
American Economic Association, vol. 34(4), pages 1797-1855, December.
- Martin Browning & Annamaria Lusardi, 1995. "Household Saving: Micro Theories and Micro Facts," Department of Economics Working Papers 1995-02, McMaster University.
- Martin Browning & Annamaria Lusardi, 1996. "Household Saving: Micro Theories and Micro Facts," Discussion Papers 96-01, University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics.
- Patrick Artus, 2002. "Allongement de l'espérance de vie et choix du système de retraite," Revue Économique, Programme National Persée, vol. 53(4), pages 809-824.
- Bruno Séjourné & Michel Boutillier & Fabrice Pansard, 2001. "Les conséquences du vieillissement démographique sur l'épargne des ménages en France," Revue Française d'Économie, Programme National Persée, vol. 16(1), pages 51-77.
- Boutillier, M. & Pansard, F. & Sejourne, B., 2000. "Les consequences du vieillissement demographique sur l'epargne des menages en France," Papers 2000-61/ma, Caisse des Depots et Consignations - Cahiers de recherche.
- François Gardes & Greg J, Duncan & Patrice Gaubert & Christophe Starzec, 2002. "Panel and Pseudo-Panel Estimation of Cross-Sectional and Time Series Elasticities of Food Consumption : The Case of American and Polish Data," Working Papers 2002-02, Centre de Recherche en Economie et Statistique.
- François Gardes & Greg Duncan & Patrice Gaubert & Marc Gurgand & Christophe Starzec, 2005. "Panel and Pseudo-Panel Estimation of Cross-Sectional and Time Series Elasticities of Food Consumption: The Case of American and Polish Data," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) hal-00176109, HAL.
- Milton Friedman, 1957. "A Theory of the Consumption Function," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number frie57-1, Enero-Jun.
- Werner Dirschmid & Ernst Glatzer, 2004. "Determinants of the Household Saving Rate in Austria," Monetary Policy & the Economy, Oesterreichische Nationalbank (Austrian Central Bank), issue 4, pages 25-38.
- Patrick Artus, 2002. "Allongement de l'espérance de vie et choix du système de retraite," Revue économique, Presses de Sciences-Po, vol. 53(4), pages 809-823.
- Gardes, Francois & Duncan, Greg J. & Gaubert, Patrice & Gurgand, Marc & Starzec, Christophe, 2005. "Panel and Pseudo-Panel Estimation of Cross-Sectional and Time Series Elasticities of Food Consumption: The Case of U.S. and Polish Data," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 23, pages 242-253, April.
- Milton Friedman, 1957. "Introduction to "A Theory of the Consumption Function"," NBER Chapters,in: A Theory of the Consumption Function, pages 1-6 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:aes:jsesro:v:1:y:2012:i:2:p:48-58. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Bogdan-Vasile Ileanu)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.