The Visible Hand: Ensuring Optimal Investment in Electric Power Generation
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Léautier, Thomas-Olivier, 2011. "The Visible Hand: Ensuring Optimal Investment in Electric Power Generation," IDEI Working Papers 605, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse, revised Mar 2013.
- Léautier, Thomas-Olivier, 2011. "The Visible Hand: Ensuring Optimal Investment in Electric Power Generation," TSE Working Papers 10-153, Toulouse School of Economics (TSE), revised 19 Aug 2012.
References listed on IDEAS
- Thomas-Olivier Leautier, 2014. "Is Mandating "Smart Meters" Smart?," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 4).
- Paul Joskow & Jean Tirole, 2007.
"Reliability and competitive electricity markets,"
RAND Journal of Economics,
RAND Corporation, vol. 38(1), pages 60-84, March.
- Paul Joskow & Jean Tirole, 2004. "Reliability and Competitive Electricity Markets," Working Papers 0408, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Center for Energy and Environmental Policy Research.
- Joskow, Paul L & Tirole, Jean, 2007. "Reliability and Competitive Electricity Markets," CEPR Discussion Papers 6121, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Joskow, Paul L. & Tirole, Jean, 2004. "Reliability and Competitive Electricity Markets," IDEI Working Papers 310, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse.
- Joskow, P. & Tirole, J., 2004. "Reliability and Competitive Electricity Markets," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 0450, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Paul L. Joskow & Jean Tirole, 2004. "Reliability and Competitive Electricity Markets," NBER Working Papers 10472, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Chao, Hung-po & Wilson, Robert, 1987. "Priority Service: Pricing, Investment, and Market Organization," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 77(5), pages 899-916, December.
- Severin Borenstein & Stephen Holland, 2005.
"On the Efficiency of Competitive Electricity Markets with Time-Invariant Retail Prices,"
RAND Journal of Economics,
The RAND Corporation, vol. 36(3), pages 469-493, Autumn.
- Severin Borenstein & Stephen P. Holland, 2003. "On the Efficiency of Competitive Electricity Markets With Time-Invariant Retail Prices," NBER Working Papers 9922, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lijesen, Mark G., 2007. "The real-time price elasticity of electricity," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(2), pages 249-258, March.
- Severin Borenstein, 2005. "The Long-Run Efficiency of Real-Time Electricity Pricing," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 3), pages 93-116.
- Alfredo Garcia & Zhijiang Shen, 2010. "Equilibrium Capacity Expansion Under Stochastic Demand Growth," Operations Research, INFORMS, vol. 58(1), pages 30-42, February.
- Cramton, Peter & Stoft, Steven, 2008.
"Forward reliability markets: Less risk, less market power, more efficiency,"
Elsevier, vol. 16(3), pages 194-201, September.
- Peter Cramton & Steven Stoft, 2008. "Forward Reliability Markets: Less Risk, Less Market Power, More Efficiency," Papers of Peter Cramton 08frm, University of Maryland, Department of Economics - Peter Cramton, revised 2008.
- Zöttl, Gregor, 2011. "On optimal scarcity prices," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 29(5), pages 589-605, September.
- D. Finon & V. Pignon, 2008. "Capacity mechanisms in imperfect electricity markets," Post-Print hal-00716763, HAL.
- Natalia Fabra & Nils‐Henrik M von der Fehr & María‐Ángeles de Frutos, 2011. "Market Design and Investment Incentives," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 121(557), pages 1340-1360, December.
- Frederic H. Murphy & Yves Smeers, 2005. "Generation Capacity Expansion in Imperfectly Competitive Restructured Electricity Markets," Operations Research, INFORMS, vol. 53(4), pages 646-661, August.
- Michael A. Crew & Paul R. Kleindorfer, 1976. "Peak Load Pricing with a Diverse Technology," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 7(1), pages 207-231, Spring.
- Boom, Anette, 2009.
"Vertically integrated firms' investments in electricity generating capacities,"
International Journal of Industrial Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 27(4), pages 544-551, July.
- Anette Boom, 2007. "Vertically Integrated Firms' Investments in Electricity Generating Capacities," CIE Discussion Papers 2007-14, University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics. Centre for Industrial Economics.
- Finon, Dominique & Pignon, Virginie, 2008. "Capacity mechanisms in imperfect electricity markets," Utilities Policy, Elsevier, vol. 16(3), pages 141-142, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bublitz, Andreas & Keles, Dogan & Zimmermann, Florian & Fraunholz, Christoph & Fichtner, Wolf, 2018. "A survey on electricity market design: Insights from theory and real-world implementations of capacity remuneration mechanisms," Working Paper Series in Production and Energy 27, Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT), Institute for Industrial Production (IIP).
- Clastres, Cédric & Khalfallah, Haikel, 2015. "An analytical approach to activating demand elasticity with a demand response mechanism," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 52(PA), pages 195-206.
More about this item
- F0 - International Economics - - General
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:aen:journl:ej37-2-leautier. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (David Williams). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/iaeeeea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.