Winter Heating or Clean Air? Unintended Impacts of China's Huai River Policy
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Kenneth Y. Chay & Michael Greenstone, 2005.
"Does Air Quality Matter? Evidence from the Housing Market,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 113(2), pages 376-424, April.
- Kenneth Y. Chay & Michael Greenstone, 1998. "Does Air Quality Matter? Evidence from the Housing Market," NBER Working Papers 6826, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Chay, Kenneth & Dobkin, Carlos & Greenstone, Michael, 2003. "The Clean Air Act of 1970 and Adult Mortality," Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, vol. 27(3), pages 279-300, December.
- Meng, Lingsheng, 2013. "Evaluating China's poverty alleviation program: A regression discontinuity approach," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 101(C), pages 1-11.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- He, Guojun & Fan, Maoyong & Zhou, Maigeng, 2016.
"The effect of air pollution on mortality in China: Evidence from the 2008 Beijing Olympic Games,"
Journal of Environmental Economics and Management,
Elsevier, vol. 79(C), pages 18-39.
- Guojun He & Maoyong Fan & Maigeng Zhou, 2015. "The Effect of Air Pollution on Mortality in China: Evidence from the 2008 Beijing Olympic Games," HKUST IEMS Working Paper Series 2015-03, HKUST Institute for Emerging Market Studies, revised Jan 2015.
- W. Walker Hanlon & Yuan Tian, 2015. "Killer Cities: Past and Present," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 105(5), pages 570-575, May.
- Thomas Stoerk, 2017. "Compliance, Efficiency and Instrument Choice: Evidence from air pollution control in China," GRI Working Papers 273, Grantham Research Institute on Climate Change and the Environment.
- Luis Alberiko Gil-Alaña & Carlos Pestana Barros & Zhongfei Chen, 2016. "The persistence of air pollution in four mega-cities of China," NCID Working Papers 04/2016, Navarra Center for International Development, University of Navarra.
- Chen, Yuyu & Jin, Ginger Zhe & Kumar, Naresh & Shi, Guang, 2013.
"The promise of Beijing: Evaluating the impact of the 2008 Olympic Games on air quality,"
Journal of Environmental Economics and Management,
Elsevier, vol. 66(3), pages 424-443.
- Yuyu Chen & Ginger Zhe Jin & Naresh Kumar & Guang Shi, 2011. "The Promise of Beijing: Evaluating the Impact of the 2008 Olympic Games on Air Quality," NBER Working Papers 16907, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- ZHONG, Hai, 2015. "An over time analysis on the mechanisms behind the education–health gradients in China," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 34(C), pages 135-149.
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:9:y:2017:i:4:p:609-:d:95839 is not listed on IDEAS
- Tanaka, Shinsuke, 2015. "Environmental regulations on air pollution in China and their impact on infant mortality," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 90-103.
- Xuan Huang & Bruno Lanz, 2015.
"The value of air quality in Chinese cities: Evidence from labor and property market outcomes,"
CIES Research Paper series
38-2015, Centre for International Environmental Studies, The Graduate Institute.
- Xuan Huang & Bruno Lanz, 2017. "The value of air quality in Chinese cities: Evidence from labor and property market outcomes," IRENE Working Papers 17-10, IRENE Institute of Economic Research.
- Jiang, Liangliang & Lin, Chen & Lin, Ping, 2014. "The determinants of pollution levels: Firm-level evidence from Chinese manufacturing," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(1), pages 118-142.
- repec:spr:chfecr:v:4:y:2016:i:1:d:10.1186_s40589-016-0042-y is not listed on IDEAS
- Thomas Stoerk, 2015. "Statistical corruption in Beijing’s air quality data has likely ended in 2012," GRI Working Papers 194, Grantham Research Institute on Climate Change and the Environment.
- Alan Barreca & Karen Clay & Joel Tarr, 2014.
"Coal, Smoke, and Death: Bituminous Coal and American Home Heating,"
NBER Working Papers
19881, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Barreca, Alan I. & Clay, Karen & Tarr, Joel, 2014. "Coal, Smoke, and Death: Bituminous Coal and American Home Heating," IZA Discussion Papers 7987, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Dongyong Zhang & Junjuan Liu & Bingjun Li, 2014. "Tackling Air Pollution in China—What do We Learn from the Great Smog of 1950s in LONDON," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 6(8), pages 1-17, August.
- W. Walker Hanlon, 2015. "Pollution and Mortality in the 19th Century," NBER Working Papers 21647, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Shinsuke Tanaka, 2012. "Environmental Regulations on Air Pollution in China and Their Impact on Infant Mortality," IDEC DP2 Series 2-11, Hiroshima University, Graduate School for International Development and Cooperation (IDEC).
- Jun Zhang & Chunping Zhong & Ming Yi, 2016. "Did Olympic Games improve air quality in Beijing? Based on the synthetic control method," Environmental Economics and Policy Studies, Springer;Society for Environmental Economics and Policy Studies - SEEPS, vol. 18(1), pages 21-39, January.
- Li, Zhigang & Yuan, Jia & Song, Frank & Wei, Shangjin, 2014. "Is economic rebalancing toward consumption “greener”? Evidence from visibility in China, 1984–2006," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(4), pages 1021-1032.
- Michael Greenstone & B. Kelsey Jack, 2013. "Envirodevonomics: A Research Agenda for a Young Field," NBER Working Papers 19426, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
More about this item
- O13 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Agriculture; Natural Resources; Environment; Other Primary Products
- P28 - Economic Systems - - Socialist Systems and Transition Economies - - - Natural Resources; Environment
- Q25 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Renewable Resources and Conservation - - - Water
- Q28 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Renewable Resources and Conservation - - - Government Policy
- Q53 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Air Pollution; Water Pollution; Noise; Hazardous Waste; Solid Waste; Recycling
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:aea:aecrev:v:99:y:2009:i:2:p:184-90. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jane Voros) or (Michael P. Albert). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/aeaaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.