Indicators for Dating Business Cycles: Cross-History Selection and Comparisons
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Gerhard Bry & Charlotte Boschan, 1971. "Foreword to "Cyclical Analysis of Time Series: Selected Procedures and Computer Programs"," NBER Chapters,in: Cyclical Analysis of Time Series: Selected Procedures and Computer Programs, pages -1 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Sandra Eickmeier & Christina Ziegler, 2008. "How successful are dynamic factor models at forecasting output and inflation? A meta-analytic approach," Journal of Forecasting, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 27(3), pages 237-265.
- Fair, Ray C & Shiller, Robert J, 1990. "Comparing Information in Forecasts from Econometric Models," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 80(3), pages 375-389, June.
- Arthur F. Burns & Wesley C. Mitchell, 1946. "Measuring Business Cycles," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number burn46-1, April.
- Gerhard Bry & Charlotte Boschan, 1971. "Cyclical Analysis of Time Series: Selected Procedures and Computer Programs," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number bry_71-1, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:ecolet:v:162:y:2018:i:c:p:171-176 is not listed on IDEAS
- Stock, James H. & Watson, Mark W., 2014. "Estimating turning points using large data sets," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 178(P2), pages 368-381.
- Huang, Yu-Lieh, 2012. "Measuring business cycles: A temporal disaggregation model with regime switching," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 29(2), pages 283-290.
- Yasutomo Murasawa, 2014. "Measuring the natural rates, gaps, and deviation cycles," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 47(2), pages 495-522, September.
- repec:jes:wpaper:y:2012:v:4:p:668-692 is not listed on IDEAS
- Martínez-García, Enrique & Grossman, Valerie & Mack, Adrienne, 2015.
"A contribution to the chronology of turning points in global economic activity (1980–2012),"
Journal of Macroeconomics,
Elsevier, vol. 46(C), pages 170-185.
- Grossman, Valerie & Mack, Adrienne & Martinez-Garcia, Enrique, 2014. "A contribution to the chronology of turning points in global economic activity (1980-2012)," Globalization and Monetary Policy Institute Working Paper 169, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas.
- Dolores Gadea-Rivas, M. & Gómez-Loscos, Ana & Bandrés, Eduardo, 2018. "Clustering regional business cycles," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 162(C), pages 171-176.
- Sebastian Florian Enea & Silvia Palaºcã, 2012. "Globalization Versus Segregation - Business Cycles Synchronization In Europe," CES Working Papers, Centre for European Studies, Alexandru Ioan Cuza University, vol. 4(4), pages 668-692, December.
- Billio, Monica & Casarin, Roberto & Ravazzolo, Francesco & van Dijk, Herman K., 2012.
"Combination schemes for turning point predictions,"
The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 52(4), pages 402-412.
- Monica Billio & Roberto Casarin & Francesco Ravazzolo & Herman K. van Dijk, 2011. "Combination Schemes for Turning Point Predictions," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 11-123/4, Tinbergen Institute.
- Monica Billio & Roberto Casarin & Francesco Ravazzolo & Herman K. van Dijk, 2012. "Combination schemes for turning point predictions," Working Papers 2012_15, Department of Economics, University of Venice "Ca' Foscari".
- Monica Billio & Roberto Casarin & Francesco Ravazzolo & Herman K. van Dijk, 2012. "Combination schemes for turning point predictions," Working Paper 2012/04, Norges Bank.
- Serena Ng & Jonathan H. Wright, 2013.
"Facts and Challenges from the Great Recession for Forecasting and Macroeconomic Modeling,"
Journal of Economic Literature,
American Economic Association, vol. 51(4), pages 1120-1154, December.
- Serena Ng & Jonathan H. Wright, 2013. "Facts and Challenges from the Great Recession for Forecasting and Macroeconomic Modeling," NBER Working Papers 19469, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Baetje, Fabian & Menkhoff, Lukas, 2013. "Macro determinants of U.S. stock market risk premia in bull and bear markets," Hannover Economic Papers (HEP) dp-520, Leibniz Universität Hannover, Wirtschaftswissenschaftliche Fakultät.
- Kenneth W Clements & Grace Gao, 2013.
"A Multi-Market Approach to Measuring the Cycle,"
Economics Discussion / Working Papers
13-16, The University of Western Australia, Department of Economics.
- Kenneth W Clements & Grace Gao, 2014. "A multi-market approach to measuring the cycle," Bankwest Curtin Economics Centre Working Paper series WP1404, Bankwest Curtin Economics Centre (BCEC), Curtin Business School.
- Peláez, Rolando F., 2015. "Market-timing the business cycle," Review of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(C), pages 55-64.
- Giusto, Andrea & Piger, Jeremy, 2017. "Identifying business cycle turning points in real time with vector quantization," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 33(1), pages 174-184.
- Charles E. Eesley & David H. Hsu & Edward B. Roberts, 2014. "The contingent effects of top management teams on venture performance: Aligning founding team composition with innovation strategy and commercialization environment," Strategic Management Journal, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 35(12), pages 1798-1817, December.
More about this item
- E23 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment - - - Production
- E32 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles - - - Business Fluctuations; Cycles
- D45 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure, Pricing, and Design - - - Rationing; Licensing
- L17 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Open Source Products and Markets
- L24 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Contracting Out; Joint Ventures
- L86 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Information and Internet Services; Computer Software
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:aea:aecrev:v:100:y:2010:i:2:p:16-19. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jane Voros) or (Michael P. Albert). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/aeaaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.