Estimation of time spent in unemployment for married women: An application at regional level
AbstractIt is very well known that long unemployment duration is a factor wich contributes to explain the high unemployment rates in Spain, unemployment spells for married women deing partculary long. Unemployment duration analysis via stock sampling typically suffers from two sampling problems: right-censoring and length-bias. In this work we investigate unemployment duration for married women using new estimation methods wich jointly take account for both sampling issues. We report results separately for several spanish autonomous regions.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Universidade de Vigo, Departamento de Economía Aplicada in its series Working Papers with number 0410.
Length: 33 pages
Date of creation: Nov 2004
Date of revision:
censoring; duration analysis; Kaplan-Meier; length-bias; unemplyment;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- J64 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - Unemployment: Models, Duration, Incidence, and Job Search
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Enrique López-Bazo & Tomás del Barrio & Manuel Artis, 2002.
"The regional distribution of Spanish unemployment: A spatial analysis,"
Papers in Regional Science,
Springer, vol. 81(3), pages 365-389.
- Lopez-Bazo, Enrique & Del Barrio, Tomas & Artis, Manuel, 2002. "The regional distribution of spanish unemployment. A spatial analysis," ERSA conference papers ersa02p020, European Regional Science Association.
- Namkee Ahn & J. Ignacio García Pérez, 2000.
"Unemployment duration and workers' wage aspirations in Spain,"
Economics Working Papers
426, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Namkee Ahn & José Ignacio García-Pérez, 2002. "Unemployment duration and workers' wage aspirations in Spain," Spanish Economic Review, Springer, vol. 4(2), pages 103-118.
- Namkee Ahn & J. Ignacio García-Pérez, . "Unemployment duration and worker's wage aspiration in Spain," Studies on the Spanish Economy 58, FEDEA.
- Kiefer, Nicholas M, 1988. "Economic Duration Data and Hazard Functions," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 26(2), pages 646-79, June.
- Jacobo De UNA-ALvarez & M. Soledad Otero-GirALdez & Gema ALvarez-Llorente, 2003. "Estimation under length-bias and right-censoring: An application to unemployment duration analysis for married women," Journal of Applied Statistics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 30(3), pages 283-291.
- Jose Ignacio Garcia Perez, 1997. "Las tasas de salida del empleo y del desempleo en España (1978-1993)," Investigaciones Economicas, Fundación SEPI, vol. 21(1), pages 29-53, January.
- Jacobo Uña-álvarez, 2004. "Nonparametric estimation under length-biased sampling and Type I censoring: A moment based approach," Annals of the Institute of Statistical Mathematics, Springer, vol. 56(4), pages 667-681, December.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Patricia González Piñeiro).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.