On Take It or Leave It Offers in Common Agency
AbstractIf the agent's preference relation satisfies a strict monotonicity condition in common agency under the asymmetric information, the set of all equilibrium allocations in the menu game where menus of contracts are allowed coincides with the set of all equilibrium allocations in the single contract game where only single contracts are allowed.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Vancouver School of Economics in its series Microeconomics.ca working papers with number seungjin_han-2011-11.
Length: 10 pages
Date of creation: 26 May 2011
Date of revision: 30 Aug 2012
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.economics.ubc.ca/
take it or leave it offers; menus; common agency; robust equilibrium allocations; mixed-strategy equilibrium;
Other versions of this item:
- C72 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Game Theory and Bargaining Theory - - - Noncooperative Games
- D82 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Asymmetric and Private Information; Mechanism Design
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Michael Peters, 1999.
"Common Agency and the Revelation Principle,"
peters-99-01, University of Toronto, Department of Economics.
- Alessandro Pavan & Giacomo Calzolari, 2008.
"Truthful Revelation Mechanisms for Simultaneous Common Agency Games,"
Carlo Alberto Notebooks
85, Collegio Carlo Alberto.
- Alessandro Pavan & Giacomo Calzolari, 2010. "Truthful Revelation Mechanisms for Simultaneous Common Agency Games," American Economic Journal: Microeconomics, American Economic Association, vol. 2(2), pages 132-90, May.
- Giacomo Calzolari & Alessandro Pavan, 2007. "Truthful Revelation Mechanisms for Simultaneous Common Agency Games," Discussion Papers 1458, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Claude, D’ASPREMONT & Rodolphe, DOS SANTOS FERREIRA, 2005.
"Oligopolistic Competition as a Common Agency Game,"
Discussion Papers (ECON - DÃ©partement des Sciences Economiques)
2005018, Université catholique de Louvain, Département des Sciences Economiques.
- d’ASPREMONT, Claude & DOS SANTOS FERREIRA, Rodolphe, . "Oligopolistic competition as a common agency game," CORE Discussion Papers RP -2238, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- D’ASPREMONT, Claude & DOS SANTOS FERREIRA, Rodolphe, 2005. "Oligopolistic competition as a common agency game," CORE Discussion Papers 2005018, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Maureen Chin).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.