FOOD Insecurity and Stochastic Aspects of Poverty
AbstractMost works on food security have a macroeconomic orientation, whereas most discussions of famine are rather microeconomic. The intention here is to seek a more unified approach to the economic issues in food insecurity among low-income rural households.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 13323.
Date of creation: 1996
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published in Asian Journal of Agricultural Economics 1.2(1996): pp. 53-66
Food insecurity; poverty;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- D13 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - Household Production and Intrahouse Allocation
- Q18 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Agricultural Policy; Food Policy
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Otsuka, Keijiro & Cordova, Violeta G. & David, Cristina C., 1990.
"Modern rice technology and regional wage differentials in the Philippines,"
Agricultural Economics, Blackwell,
Blackwell, vol. 4(3-4), pages 297-314, December.
- Otsuka, Keijiro & Cordova, Violeta G. & David, Cristina C., 1990. "Modern rice technology and regional wage differentials in the Philippines," Agricultural Economics: The Journal of the International Association of Agricultural Economists, International Association of Agricultural Economists, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 4(3-4), December.
- Gavan, James D. & Sri Chandrasekera, Indrani, 1979. "The impact of public foodgrain distribution on food consumption and welfare in Sri Lanka:," Research reports 13, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- George, P. S. (Poykayil Simon), 1979. "Public distribution of foodgrains in Kerala: income distribution implications and effectiveness," Research reports 7, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Reutlinger, Shlomo, 1977. "Malnutrition: A poverty or a food problem?," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 5(8), pages 715-724, August.
- Newbery, D M G & Stiglitz, J E, 1979. "The Theory of Commodity Price Stabilisation Rules: Welfare Impacts and Supply Responses," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, Royal Economic Society, vol. 89(356), pages 799-817, December.
- Siamwalla, Ammar & Valdes, Alberto, 1980. "Food insecurity in developing countries," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 5(4), pages 258-272, November.
- Hay, Roger W., 1978. "The statistics of hunger," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 3(4), pages 243-255, November.
- Poleman, Thomas T., 1977. "World food: Myth and reality," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 5(5-7), pages 383-394.
- Reutlinger, Shlomo, 1978. "Food insecurity: Magnitude and remedies," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 6(6), pages 797-811, June.
- Scobie, Grant McDonald, 1981. "Government policy and food imports: the case of wheat in Egypt," Research reports 29, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Sarris, Alexander H., 1980. "Grain imports and food security in an unstable international market," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 7(4), pages 489-504, December.
- Anderson, Jock R., 2003. "Risk in rural development: challenges for managers and policy makers," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 75(2-3), pages 161-197.
- Marks, Daan, 2010. "Unity or diversity? On the integration and efficiency of rice markets in Indonesia, c. 1920-2006," Explorations in Economic History, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 47(3), pages 310-324, July.
- Timmer, C. Peter, 2000. "The macro dimensions of food security: economic growth, equitable distribution, and food price stability," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 25(3), pages 283-295, June.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.