A note on the estimation of long-run relationships in dependent cointegrated panels
AbstractWe address the issue of estimation and inference in dependent nonstationary panels of small cross-section dimensions. The main conclusion is that the best results are obtained applying bootstrap inference to single-equation estimators. SUR estimators perform badly, or are even unfeasible, when the time dimension is not very large compared to the cross-section dimension.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 12053.
Date of creation: 01 Sep 2008
Date of revision:
Panel cointegration; FM-OLS; FM-SUR;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C13 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Estimation: General
- C15 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Statistical Simulation Methods: General
- C33 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Models with Panel Data; Spatio-temporal Models
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2008-12-14 (All new papers)
- NEP-ECM-2008-12-14 (Econometrics)
- NEP-ETS-2008-12-14 (Econometric Time Series)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Chang, Yoosoon, 2004.
"Bootstrap unit root tests in panels with cross-sectional dependency,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 120(2), pages 263-293, June.
- Yoosoon Chang, 2000. "Bootstrap Unit Root Tests in Panels with Cross-Sectional Dependency," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 1251, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Chang, Yoosoon, 2002. "Bootstrap Unit Root Tests in Panels with Cross-Sectional Dependency," Working Papers 2000-01, Rice University, Department of Economics.
- Yoosoon Chang, 2000. "Bootstrap Unit Root Tests in Panels with Cross-Sectional Dependency," Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers 1585, Econometric Society.
- Psaradakis, Zacharias, 2001. "On bootstrap inference in cointegrating regressions," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 72(1), pages 1-10, July.
- J.J.J. Groen & F. Kleibergen, 2001.
"Likelihood-Based Cointegration Analysis in Panels of Vector Error Correction Models,"
WO Research Memoranda (discontinued)
646, Netherlands Central Bank, Research Department.
- Groen, Jan J J & Kleibergen, Frank, 2003. "Likelihood-Based Cointegration Analysis in Panels of Vector Error-Correction Models," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 21(2), pages 295-318, April.
- Jan J.J. Groen & Frank R. Kleibergen, 1999. "Likelihood-Based Cointegration Analysis in Panels of Vector Error Correction Models," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 99-055/4, Tinbergen Institute.
- Lutz Kilian, 1999. "Finite-Sample Properties of Percentile and Percentile-t Bootstrap Confidence Intervals for Impulse Responses," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 81(4), pages 652-660, November.
- Masao Ogaki & Nelson Mark & Donggyu Sul, 2004.
"Dynamic Seemingly Unrelated Cointegrating Regression,"
04-02, Ohio State University, Department of Economics.
- Nelson C. Mark & Masao Ogaki & Donggyu Sul, 2005. "Dynamic Seemingly Unrelated Cointegrating Regressions," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 72(3), pages 797-820.
- Nelson C. Mark & Masao Ogaki & Donggyu Sul, 2003. "Dynamic Seemingly Unrelated Cointegrating Regression," NBER Technical Working Papers 0292, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Moon, H.R. & Perron, P., 2000.
"The Seemingly Unrelated Dynamic Cointegration Regression Model and Testing for Purching Power Parity,"
Cahiers de recherche
2000-03, Centre interuniversitaire de recherche en économie quantitative, CIREQ.
- MOON, Hyungsik Roger & PERRON, Benoit, 2000. "The Seemingly Unrelated Dynamic Cointegration Regression Model and Testing for Purching Power Parity," Cahiers de recherche 2000-03, Universite de Montreal, Departement de sciences economiques.
- Moon, Hyungsik R., 1999. "A note on fully-modified estimation of seemingly unrelated regressions models with integrated regressors," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 65(1), pages 25-31, October.
- Stefano Fachin, 2007.
"Long-run trends in internal migrations in italy: a study in panel cointegration with dependent units,"
Journal of Applied Econometrics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 22(2), pages 401-428.
- Stefano Fachin, 2005. "Long-Run Trends in Internal Migrations in Italy: a Study in Panel Cointegration with Dependent Units," Econometrics 0507002, EconWPA.
- Di Iorio, Francesca & Fachin, Stefano, 2006. "Testing for breaks in cointegrated panels," MPRA Paper 3280, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Francesca Di Iorio & Stefano Fachin, 2011. "A sieve bootstrap range test for poolability in dependent cointegrated panels," DSS Empirical Economics and Econometrics Working Papers Series 2011/2, Centre for Empirical Economics and Econometrics, Department of Statistics, "Sapienza" University of Rome.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.