A sieve bootstrap range test for poolability in dependent cointegrated panels
AbstractWe develop a sieve bootstrap range test for poolability of cointegrating regressions in dependent panels and evaluate by simulation its performances. Although slightly undersized the test has good power even when only a single unit of the panel is heterogenous.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Centre for Empirical Economics and Econometrics, Department of Statistics, "Sapienza" University of Rome in its series DSS Empirical Economics and Econometrics Working Papers Series with number 2011/2.
Length: 11 pages
Date of creation: Jul 2011
Date of revision:
Poolability; Panel cointegration; sieve bootstrap.;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C23 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Models with Panel Data; Longitudinal Data; Spatial Time Series
- C15 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Statistical Simulation Methods: General
- E2 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomics: Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-08-09 (All new papers)
- NEP-ECM-2011-08-09 (Econometrics)
- NEP-ETS-2011-08-09 (Econometric Time Series)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Kao, Chihwa, 1999. "Spurious regression and residual-based tests for cointegration in panel data," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 90(1), pages 1-44, May.
- Apergis, Nicholas & Payne, James E., 2010. "Renewable energy consumption and economic growth: Evidence from a panel of OECD countries," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(1), pages 656-660, January.
- Nelson C. Mark & Masao Ogaki & Donggyu Sul, 2005.
"Dynamic Seemingly Unrelated Cointegrating Regressions,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 72(3), pages 797-820.
- Nelson C. Mark & Masao Ogaki & Donggyu Sul, 2003. "Dynamic Seemingly Unrelated Cointegrating Regression," NBER Technical Working Papers 0292, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Masao Ogaki & Nelson Mark & Donggyu Sul, 2004. "Dynamic Seemingly Unrelated Cointegrating Regression," Working Papers 04-02, Ohio State University, Department of Economics.
- Joakim Westerlund & Wolfgang Hess, 2011. "A new poolability test for cointegrated panels," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 26(1), pages 56-88, January/F.
- Chang, Yoosoon & Park, Joon Y. & Song, Kevin, 2006.
"Bootstrapping cointegrating regressions,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 133(2), pages 703-739, August.
- Pesaran, M.H. & Yamagata. T., 2005.
"Testing Slope Homogeneity in Large Panels,"
Cambridge Working Papers in Economics
0513, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- M. Hashem Pesaran & Takashi Yamagata, 2005. "Testing Slope Homogeneity in Large Panels," CESifo Working Paper Series 1438, CESifo Group Munich.
- M. Hashem Pesaran & Takashi Yamagata, 2005. "Testing Slope Homogeneity in Large Panels," IEPR Working Papers 05.14, Institute of Economic Policy Research (IEPR).
- Brücker, Herbert & Fachin, Stefano & Venturini, Alessandra, 2009. "Do Foreigners Replace Native Immigrants? Evidence from a Panel Cointegration Analysis," IZA Discussion Papers 4438, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Jushan Bai & Serena Ng, 2001.
"A Panic Attack on Unit Roots and Cointegration,"
Economics Working Paper Archive
469, The Johns Hopkins University,Department of Economics.
- Di Iorio, Francesca & Fachin, Stefano, 2008. "A note on the estimation of long-run relationships in dependent cointegrated panels," MPRA Paper 12053, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Jan J.J. Groen & Frank R. Kleibergen, 1999.
"Likelihood-Based Cointegration Analysis in Panels of Vector Error Correction Models,"
Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers
99-055/4, Tinbergen Institute.
- Groen, Jan J J & Kleibergen, Frank, 2003. "Likelihood-Based Cointegration Analysis in Panels of Vector Error-Correction Models," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 21(2), pages 295-318, April.
- J.J.J. Groen & F. Kleibergen, 2001. "Likelihood-Based Cointegration Analysis in Panels of Vector Error Correction Models," WO Research Memoranda (discontinued) 646, Netherlands Central Bank, Research Department.
- M. Hashem Pesaran, 2007.
"A simple panel unit root test in the presence of cross-section dependence,"
Journal of Applied Econometrics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 22(2), pages 265-312.
- Pesaran, M.H., 2003. "A Simple Panel Unit Root Test in the Presence of Cross Section Dependence," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 0346, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Engle, Robert F & Granger, Clive W J, 1987. "Co-integration and Error Correction: Representation, Estimation, and Testing," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 55(2), pages 251-76, March.
- Gengenbach,Christian & Palm,Franz C. & Urbain,Jean-Pierre, 2005. "Panel Cointegration Testing in the Presence of Common Factors," Research Memoranda 050, Maastricht : METEOR, Maastricht Research School of Economics of Technology and Organization.
- Joakim Westerlund & Mauro Costantini, 2009.
"Panel cointegration and the neutrality of money,"
Springer, vol. 36(1), pages 1-26, February.
- Adedeji, Olumuyiwa & Thornton, John, 2008. "International capital mobility: Evidence from panel cointegration tests," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 99(2), pages 349-352, May.
- Smeekes Stephan & Urbain Jean-Pierre, 2011. "On the Applicability of the Sieve Bootstrap in Time series Panels," Research Memoranda 055, Maastricht : METEOR, Maastricht Research School of Economics of Technology and Organization.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Stefano Fachin).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.