Rendimiento de los Estudiantes de las Universidades Públicas Argentinas
AbstractThis work has as objective to analyze the factors that influence in the students' performance. The whole population of students of public universities in Argentina is used. The data are of the Census of Students of National Universities of 1994. Indicators of the main characteristics of the Public Universities are presented and their students. Are studied factors that influence in the students' performance, defined as the quantity of matters approved per year from the entrance. This performance measure is the one that adopts the art. 50 of the Law of Superior Education (Law 24.521/95) to define regular student's condition. Estimates econometrics of the determinant of the students' performance are presented for the universe of students of the Public Universities (around 400 thousand observations) and for separate for each one of the Universities.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Departamento de Economía, Facultad de Ciencias Económicas, Universidad Nacional de La Plata in its series Department of Economics, Working Papers with number 045.
Length: 41 pages
Date of creation: Nov 2002
Date of revision:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Murnane, Richard J & Maynard, Rebecca A & Ohls, James C, 1981. "Home Resources and Children's Achievement," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 63(3), pages 369-77, August.
- Robert Haveman & Barbara Wolfe, 1995. "The Determinants of Children's Attainments: A Review of Methods and Findings," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 33(4), pages 1829-1878, December.
- McGuckin, Robert H & Winkler, Donald R, 1979. "University Resources in the Production of Education," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 61(2), pages 242-48, May.
- Light, Audrey, 2001. "In-School Work Experience and the Returns to Schooling," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 19(1), pages 65-93, January.
- Marcos Gallacher, 1998. "Predicción de Performance Académica, Estudios de Postgrado," CEMA Working Papers: Serie Documentos de Trabajo. 129, Universidad del CEMA.
- Light, Audrey, 1998. "Estimating Returns to Schooling: When Does the Career Begin?," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 31-45, February.
- Hanushek, Eric A, 1986. "The Economics of Schooling: Production and Efficiency in Public Schools," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 24(3), pages 1141-77, September.
- María Victoria Fazio, 2004. "Incidencia de las Horas Trabajadas en el Rendimiento Académico de Estudiantes Universitarios Argentinos," Department of Economics, Working Papers 052, Departamento de Economía, Facultad de Ciencias Económicas, Universidad Nacional de La Plata.
- María Victoria Fazio, 2004. "Incidencia de las Horas Trabajadas en el Rendimiento Académico de Estudiantes Universitarios Argentinos," CEDLAS, Working Papers 0010, CEDLAS, Universidad Nacional de La Plata.
- Luciano Di Gresia & Alberto Porto, 2004. "Dinámica del Desempeño Académico," Department of Economics, Working Papers 049, Departamento de Economía, Facultad de Ciencias Económicas, Universidad Nacional de La Plata.
- Mariana Marchionni, 2005. "Labor Participation and Earnings for Young Women in Argentina," CEDLAS, Working Papers 0029, CEDLAS, Universidad Nacional de La Plata.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Diego Fernandez Felices).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.