Kolm as a Contributor to Public Utility Pricing, Second Best Culture and the Theory of Regulation
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse in its series IDEI Working Papers with number 490.
Date of creation: Jul 2007
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published in dans Social Ethics and Normative Economics: Essays in Honor of Serge Christophe Kolm, sous la direction de Marc Fleurbaey, Maurice Salles et John A. Weymark, Springer, Berlin, avril 2011.
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Manufacture des Tabacs, Aile Jean-Jacques Laffont, 21 Allée de Brienne, 31000 TOULOUSE
Phone: +33 (0)5 61 12 85 89
Fax: + 33 (0)5 61 12 86 37
Web page: http://www.idei.fr/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Guesnerie, Roger & Roberts, Kevin, 1987. "Minimum wage legislation as a second best policy," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 31(1-2), pages 490-498.
- Vohra, Rajiv, 1992. "Marginal Cost Pricing under Bounded Marginal Returns," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 60(4), pages 859-76, July.
- Thomas Marschak, 1959. "Capital Budgeting and Pricing in the French Nationalized Industries," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 33, pages 133.
- Brown, Donald J. & Heal, Geoffrey, 1980. "Two-part tariffs, marginal cost pricing and increasing returns in a general equilibrium model," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 25-49, February.
- Guesnerie Roger, 1979.
"Second best pricing rules in the boiteux tradition : derivation, review and discussion,"
CEPREMAP Working Papers (Couverture Orange)
- Guesnerie, R., 1980. "Second-best pricing rules in the Boiteux tradition : Derivation, review and discussion," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 51-80, February.
- Daniel F. Spulber, 1989. "Regulation and Markets," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262192756, December.
- Brown, Donald J & Heal, Geoffrey M, 1983. "Marginal vs. Average Cost Pricing in the Presence of a Public Monopoly," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 73(2), pages 189-93, May.
- Sanford V. Berg & John Tschirhart, 1995. "Contributions of Neoclassical Economics to Public Utility Analysis," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 71(3), pages 310-330.
- Beato, Paulina & Mas-Colell, Andreu, 1985. "On marginal cost pricing with given tax-subsidy rules," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 37(2), pages 356-365, December.
- Wibe, Soren A, 1984. "Engineering Production Functions: A Survey," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 51(204), pages 401-11, November.
- BONNISSEAU, Jean-Marc & CORNET, Bernard, .
"Existence of marginal cost pricing equilibria in economies with several nonconvex firms,"
CORE Discussion Papers RP
-941, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Bonnisseau, Jean-Marc & Cornet, Bernard, 1990. "Existence of Marginal Cost Pricing Equilibria in Economies with Several Nonconvex Firms," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 58(3), pages 661-82, May.
- Dierker,Egbert, 1988.
"The optimality of Boiteaux-Ramsey pricing,"
Discussion Paper Serie A
159, University of Bonn, Germany.
- Dreze, Jean & Stern, Nicholas, 1990. "Policy reform, shadow prices, and market prices," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(1), pages 1-45, June.
- Brown, Donald J & Heal, Geoffrey, 1979.
"Equity, Efficiency, and Increasing Returns,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 46(4), pages 571-85, October.
- Jacques H. Dreze, 1995.
"Forty Years of Public Economics: A Personal Perspective,"
Journal of Economic Perspectives,
American Economic Association, vol. 9(2), pages 111-130, Spring.
- DREZE , Jacques H., 1994. "Forty Years of Public Economics : A Personal Perspective," CORE Discussion Papers 1994075, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- William Vickrey, 1971. "Responsive Pricing of Public Utility Services," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 2(1), pages 337-346, Spring.
- Kolm, Serge-Christophe, 1971. "Footnotes to marcel Boiteux's value-constrained second best," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 3(3), pages 341-344, September.
- Guesnerie, R., 1995.
"The genealogy of modern theoretical public economics: From first best to second best,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 39(3-4), pages 353-381, April.
- Guesnerie, R., 1994. "The Genealogy of Modern Theoretical Public Economics: From first best to second best," DELTA Working Papers 94-25, DELTA (Ecole normale supérieure).
- Brown,Stephen J. & Sibley,David Sumner, 1986. "The Theory of Public Utility Pricing," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521314008, April.
- Guesnerie, Roger, 1975. "Production of the public sector and taxation in a simple second best model," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 10(2), pages 127-156, April.
- Cornet, Bernard, 1988. "General equilibrium theory and increasing returns : Presentation," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(2-3), pages 103-118, April.
- Marsden, James & Pingry, David & Whinston, Andrew, 1974. "Engineering foundations of production functions," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 9(2), pages 124-140, October.
- Laffont, Jean-Jacques & Tirole, Jean, 1990. "The regulation of multiproduct firms : Part I: Theory," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 43(1), pages 1-36, October.
- Charles Blackorby, 1990.
"Economic Policy in a Second-Best Environment,"
Canadian Journal of Economics,
Canadian Economics Association, vol. 23(4), pages 748-71, November.
- Guesnerie, Roger, 1975. "Pareto Optimality in Non-Convex Economies," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 43(1), pages 1-29, January.
- Paul L. Joskow, 1976. "Contributions to the Theory of Marginal Cost Pricing," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 7(1), pages 197-206, Spring.
- Jean-Jacques Laffont & Jean Tirole, 1988. "The Regulation of Multiproduct Firms: Theory and Policy Analysis," Working papers 507, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- David, Laurent & Le Breton, Michel & Merillon, Olivier, 2007. "Public Utility Pricing and Capacity Choice with Stochastic Demand," IDEI Working Papers 489, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.