The Survival Assumption in Intertemporal Economies
AbstractIn an economy with a non-convex production sector, we provide an assumption on each individual producer, which implies that the survival assumption holds true at the aggregate level for general pricing rules. For the marginal pricing rule, we derive this assumption from the bounded marginal productivity of inputs. We apply this approach to intertemporal economies and we show how our assumption fits well with the time structure leading to a tractable existence result of equilibria, which could be apply to discrete dynamical growth models.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Université Panthéon-Sorbonne (Paris 1), Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne in its series Documents de travail du Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne with number 09076.
Length: 18 pages
Date of creation: Nov 2009
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: 106-112 boulevard de l'Hôpital 75 647 PARIS CEDEX 13
Phone: + 33 44 07 81 00
Fax: + 33 1 44 07 83 01
Web page: http://centredeconomiesorbonne.univ-paris1.fr/
More information through EDIRC
General equilibrium theory; increasing returns; survival assumption; marginal pricing; general pricing rules.;
Other versions of this item:
- Bonnisseau Jean-Marc & Jamin Alexandrine, 2011. "The Survival Assumption in Intertemporal Economies," The B.E. Journal of Theoretical Economics, De Gruyter, vol. 11(1), pages 1-18, June.
- C62 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Existence and Stability Conditions of Equilibrium
- C67 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Input-Output Models
- D21 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Firm Behavior: Theory
- D51 - Microeconomics - - General Equilibrium and Disequilibrium - - - Exchange and Production Economies
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:hal:cesptp:halshs-00654013 is not listed on IDEAS
- Jean-Marc Bonnisseau & Lalaina Rakotonindrainy, 2011. "Existence of equilibrium in OLG economies with increasing returns," Documents de travail du Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne 11070, Université Panthéon-Sorbonne (Paris 1), Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Lucie Label).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.