The Genealogy of Modern Theoretical Public Economics: From first best to second best
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by DELTA (Ecole normale supérieure) in its series DELTA Working Papers with number 94-25.
Date of creation: 1994
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published in European Economic Review, 1995, 39, pp. 353-381
Other versions of this item:
- Guesnerie, R., 1995. "The genealogy of modern theoretical public economics: From first best to second best," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 39(3-4), pages 353-381, April.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Dixit, Avinash, 1975. "Welfare effects of tax and price changes," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 4(2), pages 103-123, February.
- Donald J. Brown & Geoffrey M. Heal, 1978.
"Equity, Efficiency and Increasing Returns,"
Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers
504, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Beato, Paulina & Mas-Colell, Andreu, 1985. "On marginal cost pricing with given tax-subsidy rules," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 37(2), pages 356-365, December.
- Stiglitz, Joseph E & Dasgupta, P, 1971.
"Differential Taxation, Public Goods and Economic Efficiency,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 38(114), pages 151-74, April.
- Joseph E. Stiglitz & Partha Dasgupta, 1970. "Differential Taxation, Public Goods, and Economic Efficiency," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 299, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Fuchs, Gerard & Guesnerie, Roger, 1983. "Structure of Tax Equilibria," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 51(2), pages 403-34, March.
- P. A. Diamond & J. A. Mirrlees, 1975.
"Private Constant Returns and Public Shadow Prices,"
151, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Avinash Dixit, 1979.
"Price changes and optimum taxation in a many-consumer economy,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 11(2), pages 143-157, March.
- Dixit, A.K., 1977. "Price Changes and Optimum Taxation in a Many-Consumer Economy," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 117, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Weymark, John A., 1979. "A reconciliation of recent results in optimal taxation theory," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 12(2), pages 171-189, October.
- Dierker, Egbert, 1991.
"The Optimality of Boiteux-Ramsey Pricing,"
Econometric Society, vol. 59(1), pages 99-121, January.
- Egbert Dierker & Hans Haller, 1990. "Tax systems and direct mechanisms in large finite economies," Journal of Economics, Springer, vol. 52(2), pages 99-116, June.
- Guesnerie, Roger & Jerison, Michael, 1991.
"Taxation as a social choice problem : The scope of the Laffer argument,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 44(1), pages 37-63, February.
- Roger Guesnerie & Michael Jerison, 1989. "Taxation as a Social Choice Problem, The Scope of the Laffer Argument," Discussion Paper Serie A 245, University of Bonn, Germany.
- Guesnerie, R. & Jerison, M., 1990. "Taxation as a Social Choice Problem, the Scope of the Laffer Argument," DELTA Working Papers 90-06, DELTA (Ecole normale supérieure).
- Guesnerie, Roger, 1977.
"On the direction of tax reform,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 7(2), pages 179-202, April.
- Guesnerie, Roger & Roberts, Kevin, 1987. "Minimum wage legislation as a second best policy," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 31(1-2), pages 490-498.
- Blackorby, C., 1990.
"Economic Policy In A Second-Best Environment,"
90c01, Universite Aix-Marseille III.
- Mas-Colell, Andreu & Vives, Xavier, 1993.
"Implementation in Economies with a Continuum of Agents,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 60(3), pages 613-29, July.
- Vives, X. & Mas-Colell, A., 1989. "Implementation in economies with a Continuum of Agents," UFAE and IAE Working Papers 129.90, Unitat de Fonaments de l'Anàlisi Econòmica (UAB) and Institut d'Anàlisi Econòmica (CSIC).
- Hammond, Peter J, 1979. "Straightforward Individual Incentive Compatibility in Large Economies," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 46(2), pages 263-82, April.
- Jean-Jacques Laffont & Jean Tirole, 1993. "A Theory of Incentives in Procurement and Regulation," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262121743, December.
- Beato, Paulina, 1982. "The Existence of Marginal Cost Pricing Equilibria with Increasing Returns," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 97(4), pages 669-88, November.
- Egbert Dierker, 1986. "When does marginal cost pricing lead to Pareto efficiency?," Journal of Economics, Springer, vol. 5(1), pages 41-66, December.
- Fogelman Francoise & Guesnerie Roger & Quinzii Martine, 1977.
"Dynamic processes for tax reform theory,"
CEPREMAP Working Papers (Couverture Orange)
- Dreze, Jean & Stern, Nicholas, 1987. "The theory of cost-benefit analysis," Handbook of Public Economics, in: A. J. Auerbach & M. Feldstein (ed.), Handbook of Public Economics, edition 1, volume 2, chapter 14, pages 909-989 Elsevier.
- Sah, Raaj Kumar, 1983. "How much redistribution is possible through commodity taxes?," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(1), pages 89-101, February.
- Hurwicz, Leonid, 1979. "On allocations attainable through Nash equilibria," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 140-165, August.
- Guesnerie, Roger, 1979. "General statements on second best pareto optimality," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 6(2), pages 169-194, July.
- Heady, Christopher J. & Mitra, Pradeep K., 1982. "Restricted redistributive taxation, shadow prices and trade policy," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 1-22, February.
- Champsaur, Paul & Laroque, Guy, 1981. "Fair allocations in large economies," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 25(2), pages 269-282, October.
- Cornet, Bernard, 1988. "General equilibrium theory and increasing returns : Presentation," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(2-3), pages 103-118, April.
- Carmona, Miguel, 2010. "The regulatory function in public-private partnerships for the provision of transport infrastructure," Research in Transportation Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(1), pages 110-125.
- Berliant, Marcus & Ledyard, John, 2011.
"Optimal Dynamic Nonlinear Income Taxes with No Commitment,"
31749, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Marcus Berliant & John Ledyard, 2004. "Optimal Dynamic Nonlinear Income Taxes with No Commitment," Public Economics 0403004, EconWPA, revised 21 Jun 2005.
- Edoardo Marcucci, 1999. "Road Pricing: Old Beliefs, Present Awareness and Future Research Patterns," Working Papers 1999.4, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Zsolt Becsi, 1999. "Heterogeneity and the welfare cost of dynamic factor taxes," Working Paper 99-2, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta.
- Rodrigo Nobre Fernandez & André Carraro & Gabrielito Menezes & Giácomo Balbinotto Neto & Eduardo Tillmann, 2014. "Design Contract For Public-Privatepartnerships: A Theoretical Model For Brazilian Hospitals," Anais do XL Encontro Nacional de Economia [Proceedings of the 40th Brazilian Economics Meeting] 062, ANPEC - Associação Nacional dos Centros de Pósgraduação em Economia [Brazilian Association of Graduate Programs in Economics].
- Lecocq, Franck & Hourcade, Jean-Charles, 2003.
"Equitable provision of long-term public goods: the role of negotiation mandates,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
3180, The World Bank.
- David, Laurent & Le Breton, Michel & Merillon, Olivier, 2007. "Kolm as a Contributor to Public Utility Pricing, Second Best Culture and the Theory of Regulation," IDEI Working Papers 490, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse.
- Peaucelle, Irina, 2002. "Capital social et anthroponomie," CEPREMAP Working Papers (Couverture Orange) 0204, CEPREMAP.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.