The Survival Assumption in Intertemporal Economies
AbstractIn an economy with a non-convex production sector, we provide an assumption on each individual producer, which implies that the survival assumption holds true at the aggregate level for general pricing rules. For the marginal pricing rule, we derive this assumption from the bounded marginal productivity of inputs. We apply this approach to intertemporal economies and we show how our assumption fits well with the time structure. We obtain a tractable existence result of equilibria for discrete time growth models.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by De Gruyter in its journal The B.E. Journal of Theoretical Economics.
Volume (Year): 11 (2011)
Issue (Month): 1 (June)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.degruyter.com
Other versions of this item:
- Jean-Marc Bonnisseau & Alexandrine Jamin, 2009. "The Survival Assumption in Intertemporal Economies," Documents de travail du Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne 09076, Université Panthéon-Sorbonne (Paris 1), Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne.
- C62 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Existence and Stability Conditions of Equilibrium
- C67 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Input-Output Models
- D21 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Firm Behavior: Theory
- D51 - Microeconomics - - General Equilibrium and Disequilibrium - - - Exchange and Production Economies
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jean-Marc Bonnisseau & Lalaina Rakotonindrainy, 2011.
"Existence of equilibrium in OLG economies with increasing returns,"
Documents de travail du Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne
11070, Université Panthéon-Sorbonne (Paris 1), Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Peter Golla).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.