Turismo sustentável e alivio a pobreza: avaliação de impacto
AbstractThis study evaluates the social impacts of the project PRODETUR in Porto Seguro and Bahia. Among the analyzed channels, we have focused on the impact on variables related to sewering (access to piped water, sewer and garbage collection), besides some socio-economic ones (occupation, contribution to social security, income and poverty). In addition, we analyzed the impact on the distribution of costs and benefits between the immigrant and native population. Using the methodology of differences-in-differences to compare areas affected and non–affected by the program, we measured the “true” impact of the program using the 1991 and 2000 Census. The results suggest a relative advance in Porto Seguro in what concerns employment, formality, income and poverty reduction, with this benefits being uniformly distributed between immigrant and native population. On the other hand, we have observed a relative worsening in the sanitary situation, what will lead to future problems whose cost will be beard mainly by the natives, among which we observe a relative worse access to water, sewer and garbage collection. Therefore, we conclude that, in order to provide tourism in a sustainable way, the municipality of Porto Seguro requires a better preservation of its natural capital
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by FGV/EPGE Escola Brasileira de Economia e Finanças, Getulio Vargas Foundation (Brazil) in its series Economics Working Papers (Ensaios Economicos da EPGE) with number 689.
Date of creation: 29 Dec 2008
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Praia de Botafogo 190, sala 1100, Rio de Janeiro/RJ - CEP: 22253-900
Web page: http://epge.fgv.br
More information through EDIRC
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2009-02-22 (All new papers)
- NEP-ECM-2009-02-22 (Econometrics)
- NEP-ETS-2009-02-22 (Econometric Time Series)
- NEP-FOR-2009-02-22 (Forecasting)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Hoffman, Dennis L & Rasche, Robert H, 1996. "Assessing Forecast Performance in a Cointegrated System," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 11(5), pages 495-517, Sept.-Oct.
- Boriss Siliverstovs & Tom Engsted & Niels Haldrup, 2003.
"Long-Run Forecasting in Multicointegrated Systems,"
Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin
381, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Siliverstovs, Boriss & Engsted, Tom & Haldrup, Niels, 2002. "Long-Run Forecasting in Multicointegrated Systems," Finance Working Papers 02-14, University of Aarhus, Aarhus School of Business, Department of Business Studies.
- Boris Siliverstovs & Tom Engsted & Niels Haldrup, . "Long-run forecasting in multicointegrated systems," Economics Working Papers 2002-15, School of Economics and Management, University of Aarhus.
- Peter C.B. Phillips & Werner Ploberger, 1999.
"Empirical Limits for Time Series Econometric Models,"
Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers
1220, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Werner Ploberger & Peter C. B. Phillips, 2003. "Empirical Limits for Time Series Econometric Models," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 71(2), pages 627-673, March.
- Johansen, Soren, 1988. "Statistical analysis of cointegration vectors," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 12(2-3), pages 231-254.
- Phillips, Peter C B, 1996. "Econometric Model Determination," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 64(4), pages 763-812, July.
- Centoni, Marco & Cubadda, Gianluca & Hecq, Alain, 2007.
"Common shocks, common dynamics, and the international business cycle,"
Elsevier, vol. 24(1), pages 149-166, January.
- Marco Centoni & Gianluca Cubadda & Alain Hecq, 2008. "Common Shocks, Common Dynamics, and the International Business Cycle," CEIS Research Paper 106, Tor Vergata University, CEIS, revised 07 Jul 2008.
- Centoni, Marco & Cubadda, Gianluca & Hecq, Alain, 2003. "Common Shocks, Common Dynamics, and the International Business Cycle," Economics & Statistics Discussion Papers esdp03007, University of Molise, Dept. EGSeI.
- George Athanasopoulos & Farshid Vahid, 2006.
"VARMA versus VAR for Macroeconomic Forecasting,"
Monash Econometrics and Business Statistics Working Papers
4/06, Monash University, Department of Econometrics and Business Statistics.
- Vahid, Farshid & Issler, Joao Victor, 2002.
"The importance of common cyclical features in VAR analysis: a Monte-Carlo study,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 109(2), pages 341-363, August.
- Vahid, F. & Issler, J.V., 2001. "The Importance Of Common Cyclical Features in VAR Analysis: A Monte-Carlo Study," Monash Econometrics and Business Statistics Working Papers 2/01, Monash University, Department of Econometrics and Business Statistics.
- Vahid, Farshid & Issler, João Victor, 2001. "The Importance of Common Cyclical Features in VAR Analysis: A Monte-Carlo Study," Economics Working Papers (Ensaios Economicos da EPGE) 417, FGV/EPGE Escola Brasileira de Economia e Finanças, Getulio Vargas Foundation (Brazil).
- Phillips, Peter C B & Ploberger, Werner, 1996. "An Asymptotic Theory of Bayesian Inference for Time Series," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 64(2), pages 381-412, March.
- Hecq, Alain & Palm, Franz C. & Urbain, Jean-Pierre, 2006. "Common cyclical features analysis in VAR models with cointegration," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 132(1), pages 117-141, May.
- Christoffersen, Peter F & Diebold, Francis X, 1998.
"Cointegration and Long-Horizon Forecasting,"
Journal of Business & Economic Statistics,
American Statistical Association, vol. 16(4), pages 450-58, October.
- Francis X. Diebold & Peter F. Christoffersen, 1997. "Cointegration and Long-Horizon Forecasting," IMF Working Papers 97/61, International Monetary Fund.
- Peter F. Christoffersen & Francis X. Diebold, 1997. "Cointegration and Long-Horizon Forecasting," NBER Technical Working Papers 0217, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Peter F. Christoffersen & Francis X. Diebold, 1997. "Cointegration and long-horizon forecasting," Working Papers 97-14, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Peter C.B. Phillips & Mico Loretan, 1989.
"Estimating Long Run Economic Equilibria,"
Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers
928, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Clements, M.P. & Hendry, D., 1992. "On the Limitations of Comparing Mean Square Forecast Errors," Economics Series Working Papers 99138, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Johansen, Soren, 1991. "Estimation and Hypothesis Testing of Cointegration Vectors in Gaussian Vector Autoregressive Models," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 59(6), pages 1551-80, November.
- Saikkonen, Pentti, 1992. "Estimation and Testing of Cointegrated Systems by an Autoregressive Approximation," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 8(01), pages 1-27, March.
- Vahid, F & Engle, Robert F, 1993. "Common Trends and Common Cycles," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 8(4), pages 341-60, Oct.-Dec..
- Clements, M.P. & Hendry, D.F., 1992. "Forecasting in Cointegrated Systems," Economics Series Working Papers 99139, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Chao, John C. & Phillips, Peter C. B., 1999.
"Model selection in partially nonstationary vector autoregressive processes with reduced rank structure,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 91(2), pages 227-271, August.
- John C. Chao & Peter C.B. Phillips, 1997. "Model Selection in Partially Nonstationary Vector Autoregressive Processes with Reduced Rank Structure," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 1155, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Engle, Robert F. & Yoo, Byung Sam, 1987. "Forecasting and testing in co-integrated systems," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 143-159, May.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Núcleo de Computação da EPGE).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.