Turismo sustentável e alivio a pobreza: avaliação de impacto
AbstractThis study evaluates the social impacts of the project PRODETUR in Porto Seguro and Bahia. Among the analyzed channels, we have focused on the impact on variables related to sewering (access to piped water, sewer and garbage collection), besides some socio-economic ones (occupation, contribution to social security, income and poverty). In addition, we analyzed the impact on the distribution of costs and benefits between the immigrant and native population. Using the methodology of differences-in-differences to compare areas affected and non–affected by the program, we measured the “true” impact of the program using the 1991 and 2000 Census. The results suggest a relative advance in Porto Seguro in what concerns employment, formality, income and poverty reduction, with this benefits being uniformly distributed between immigrant and native population. On the other hand, we have observed a relative worsening in the sanitary situation, what will lead to future problems whose cost will be beard mainly by the natives, among which we observe a relative worse access to water, sewer and garbage collection. Therefore, we conclude that, in order to provide tourism in a sustainable way, the municipality of Porto Seguro requires a better preservation of its natural capital
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by FGV/EPGE Escola Brasileira de Economia e Finanças, Getulio Vargas Foundation (Brazil) in its series Economics Working Papers (Ensaios Economicos da EPGE) with number 689.
Date of creation: 29 Dec 2008
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Praia de Botafogo 190, sala 1100, Rio de Janeiro/RJ - CEP: 22253-900
Web page: http://epge.fgv.br
More information through EDIRC
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2009-02-22 (All new papers)
- NEP-ECM-2009-02-22 (Econometrics)
- NEP-ETS-2009-02-22 (Econometric Time Series)
- NEP-FOR-2009-02-22 (Forecasting)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Vahid, F. & Issler, J.V., 2001.
"The Importance Of Common Cyclical Features in VAR Analysis: A Monte-Carlo Study,"
Monash Econometrics and Business Statistics Working Papers
2/01, Monash University, Department of Econometrics and Business Statistics.
- Vahid, Farshid & Issler, Joao Victor, 2002. "The importance of common cyclical features in VAR analysis: a Monte-Carlo study," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 109(2), pages 341-363, August.
- Vahid, Farshid & Issler, João Victor, 2001. "The Importance of Common Cyclical Features in VAR Analysis: A Monte-Carlo Study," Economics Working Papers (Ensaios Economicos da EPGE) 417, FGV/EPGE Escola Brasileira de Economia e Finanças, Getulio Vargas Foundation (Brazil).
- Clements, M.P. & Hendry, D., 1992. "On the Limitations of Comparing Mean Square Forecast Errors," Economics Series Working Papers 99138, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Johansen, Soren, 1991. "Estimation and Hypothesis Testing of Cointegration Vectors in Gaussian Vector Autoregressive Models," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 59(6), pages 1551-80, November.
- Francis X. Diebold & Peter F. Christoffersen, 1997.
"Cointegration and Long-Horizon Forecasting,"
IMF Working Papers
97/61, International Monetary Fund.
- Peter F. Christoffersen & Francis X. Diebold, 1997. "Cointegration and long-horizon forecasting," Working Papers 97-14, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Peter F. Christoffersen & Francis X. Diebold, 1997. "Cointegration and Long-Horizon Forecasting," NBER Technical Working Papers 0217, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Vahid, F & Engle, Robert F, 1993. "Common Trends and Common Cycles," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 8(4), pages 341-60, Oct.-Dec..
- Engle, Robert F. & Yoo, Byung Sam, 1987. "Forecasting and testing in co-integrated systems," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 143-159, May.
- Phillips, Peter C B & Ploberger, Werner, 1996. "An Asymptotic Theory of Bayesian Inference for Time Series," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 64(2), pages 381-412, March.
- Centoni, Marco & Cubadda, Gianluca & Hecq, Alain, 2003.
"Common Shocks, Common Dynamics, and the International Business Cycle,"
Economics & Statistics Discussion Papers
esdp03007, University of Molise, Dept. SEGeS.
- Centoni, Marco & Cubadda, Gianluca & Hecq, Alain, 2007. "Common shocks, common dynamics, and the international business cycle," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 24(1), pages 149-166, January.
- Marco Centoni & Gianluca Cubadda & Alain Hecq, 2008. "Common Shocks, Common Dynamics, and the International Business Cycle," CEIS Research Paper 106, Tor Vergata University, CEIS, revised 07 Jul 2008.
- Werner Ploberger & Peter C. B. Phillips, 2003.
"Empirical Limits for Time Series Econometric Models,"
Econometric Society, vol. 71(2), pages 627-673, March.
- Peter C.B. Phillips & Werner Ploberger, 1999. "Empirical Limits for Time Series Econometric Models," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 1220, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Saikkonen, Pentti, 1992. "Estimation and Testing of Cointegrated Systems by an Autoregressive Approximation," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 8(01), pages 1-27, March.
- Chao, John C. & Phillips, Peter C. B., 1999.
"Model selection in partially nonstationary vector autoregressive processes with reduced rank structure,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 91(2), pages 227-271, August.
- John C. Chao & Peter C.B. Phillips, 1997. "Model Selection in Partially Nonstationary Vector Autoregressive Processes with Reduced Rank Structure," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 1155, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Hecq, Alain & Palm, Franz C. & Urbain, Jean-Pierre, 2006. "Common cyclical features analysis in VAR models with cointegration," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 132(1), pages 117-141, May.
- Boriss Siliverstovs & Tom Engsted & Niels Haldrup, 2003.
"Long-Run Forecasting in Multicointegrated Systems,"
Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin
381, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Siliverstovs, Boriss & Engsted, Tom & Haldrup, Niels, 2002. "Long-Run Forecasting in Multicointegrated Systems," Finance Working Papers 02-14, University of Aarhus, Aarhus School of Business, Department of Business Studies.
- Boris Siliverstovs & Tom Engsted & Niels Haldrup, . "Long-run forecasting in multicointegrated systems," Economics Working Papers 2002-15, School of Economics and Management, University of Aarhus.
- George Athanasopoulos & Farshid Vahid, 2006.
"VARMA versus VAR for Macroeconomic Forecasting,"
Monash Econometrics and Business Statistics Working Papers
4/06, Monash University, Department of Econometrics and Business Statistics.
- Phillips, Peter C B, 1996. "Econometric Model Determination," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 64(4), pages 763-812, July.
- Clements, M.P. & Hendry, D.F., 1992. "Forecasting in Cointegrated Systems," Economics Series Working Papers 99139, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Hoffman, Dennis L & Rasche, Robert H, 1996. "Assessing Forecast Performance in a Cointegrated System," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 11(5), pages 495-517, Sept.-Oct.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Núcleo de Computação da EPGE).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.