Structural Change and Growth in India
AbstractThis paper examines the link between structural change and growth in India. It constructs indices of structural change, and performs a time series analysis of the data. It finds that 1988 marks a break in the time series of growth and structural change. There is one-way causality from structural change to growth in the period 1988-2007, whereas there is no evidence for this linkage before 1988.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Department of Economics, UC Santa Cruz in its series Santa Cruz Department of Economics, Working Paper Series with number qt7fd4n35w.
Date of creation: 10 Feb 2010
Date of revision:
Indian economy; structural change; growth; causality; Social and Behavioral Sciences;
Other versions of this item:
- O1 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development
- O5 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economywide Country Studies
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Singh, Nirvikar, 2006.
"Services-Led Industrialization in India: Assessment and Lessons,"
Santa Cruz Department of Economics, Working Paper Series
qt8jn2b8z6, Department of Economics, UC Santa Cruz.
- Singh, Nirvikar, 2006. "Services-led industrialization in India: Assessment and lessons," MPRA Paper 1276, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Kochhar, Kalpana & Kumar, Utsav & Rajan, Raghuram & Subramanian, Arvind & Tokatlidis, Ioannis, 2006.
"India's pattern of development: What happened, what follows?,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 53(5), pages 981-1019, July.
- Arvind Subramanian & Raghuram Rajan & Ioannis Tokatlidis & Kalpana Kochhar & Utsav Kumar, 2006. "India's Pattern of Development: What Happened, What Follows?," IMF Working Papers 06/22, International Monetary Fund.
- Kalpana Kochhar & Utsav Kumar & Raghuram Rajan & Arvind Subramanian, 2006. "India's Patterns of Development: What Happened, What Follows," NBER Working Papers 12023, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Andreas Dietrich, 2009.
"Does Growth Cause Structural Change, or Is it the Other Way Round? A Dynamic Panel Data Analyses for Seven OECD Countries,"
Jena Economic Research Papers
2009-034, Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena, Max-Planck-Institute of Economics.
- Andreas Dietrich, 2012. "Does growth cause structural change, or is it the other way around? A dynamic panel data analysis for seven OECD countries," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 43(3), pages 915-944, December.
- Bruce E. Hansen, 2001. "The New Econometrics of Structural Change: Dating Breaks in U.S. Labour Productivity," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 15(4), pages 117-128, Fall.
- Mohamed Safouane Ben Aissa & Mohamed Boutahar & Jamel Jouini, 2004. "Bai and Perron's and spectral density methods for structural change detection in the US inflation process," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 11(2), pages 109-115.
- Panagariya, Arvind, 2008.
"India: The Emerging Giant,"
Oxford University Press, number 9780195315035.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Lisa Schiff).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.