What Do Australian Unions Do?
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Institute of Industrial Relations, UC Berkeley in its series Institute for Research on Labor and Employment, Working Paper Series with number qt7rk2x5x2.
Date of creation: 01 Aug 1992
Date of revision:
Miller; Mulvey; Australia; Unions;
Other versions of this item:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Oswald, Andrew J, 1985. " The Economic Theory of Trade Unions: An Introductory Survey," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 87(2), pages 160-93.
- Parkin, Michael, 1973.
"The Short-Run and Long-Run Trade-Offs Between Inflation and Unemployment in Australia,"
Australian Economic Papers,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 12(21), pages 127-44, December.
- Michael Parkin, 1973. "The Short Run and Long Run Trade-offs between Inflation and Unemployment in Australia," RBA Research Discussion Papers rdp31, Reserve Bank of Australia.
- Blanchflower, D. & Oswald, A., 1990. "Working Internationally," Papers 371, London School of Economics - Centre for Labour Economics.
- Clark, Kim B, 1984. "Unionization and Firm Performance: The Impact on Profits, Growth, and Productivity," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 74(5), pages 893-919, December.
- Jeff Borland, 1989. "Trade Unions in Australia," Australian Economic Review, The University of Melbourne, Melbourne Institute of Applied Economic and Social Research, vol. 22(4), pages 66-73.
- Boehm, Ernst A & Martin, Vance L, 1989. "An Investigation into the Major Causes of Australia's Recent Inflation and Some Policy Implications," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 65(188), pages 1-15, March.
- Carruth, Alan A & Disney, Richard F, 1988. "Where Have Two Million Trade Union Members Gone?," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 55(217), pages 1-19, February.
- Akhtar Hossain, 1991. "Trade Unions And Inflation: The Case Of Australia," Economic Papers, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 10(2), pages 60-68, 06.
- Christie, Virginia & Miller, Paul, 1989. "Attitudes towards unions and union membership," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 30(3), pages 263-268, September.
- Manning, Alan, 1994.
"How Robust Is the Microeconomic Theory of the Trade Union?,"
Journal of Labor Economics,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 12(3), pages 430-59, July.
- Alan Manning, 1992. "How Robust is the Microeconomic theory of the Trade Union?," CEP Discussion Papers dp0065, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Christie, Virginia, 1992. "Union Wage Effects and the Probability of Union Membership," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 68(200), pages 43-56, March.
- Perry, L J, 1979. "Inter-War Wage Movements and Trade Union Militancy in Australia," Australian Economic Papers, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 18(33), pages 229-42, December.
- Lee, Lung-Fei, 1978. "Unionism and Wage Rates: A Simultaneous Equations Model with Qualitative and Limited Dependent Variables," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 19(2), pages 415-33, June.
- Beggs, John J & Chapman, Bruce J, 1987. "An Empirical Analysis of Australian Strike Activity: Estimating the Industrial Relations Effect of the First Three Years of the Prices and Incomes Accord," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 63(180), pages 46-60, March.
- Paul Miller & Charles Mulvey, 1991. "Australian evidence on the exit/voice model of the labor market," Industrial and Labor Relations Review, ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 45(1), pages 44-57, October.
- Duncan, Greg J & Stafford, Frank P, 1980. "Do Union Members Receive Compensating Wage Differentials?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 70(3), pages 355-71, June.
- Mark Wooden, 2000.
"Union Wage Effects in the Presence of Enterprise Bargaining,"
Melbourne Institute Working Paper Series
wp2000n07, Melbourne Institute of Applied Economic and Social Research, The University of Melbourne.
- Wooden, Mark, 2001. "Union Wage Effects in the Presence of Enterprise Bargaining," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 77(236), pages 1-18, March.
- Chatterji, Monojit, 2008. "Training hold up and social labour markets," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(2), pages 202-214, April.
- repec:ltr:wpaper:2007.04 is not listed on IDEAS
- Lixin Cai & C. Jeffrey Waddoups, 2011.
"Union Wage Effects in Australia: Evidence from Panel Data,"
British Journal of Industrial Relations,
London School of Economics, vol. 49(Supplemen), pages s279-s305, 07.
- Lixin Cai & C. Jeffrey Waddoups, 2009. "Union Wage Effects in Australia: Evidence from Panel Data," Working Papers 0914, University of Nevada, Las Vegas , Department of Economics.
- Lixin Cai & C. Jeffrey Waddoups, 2008. "Union Wage Effects in Australia: Evidence from Panel Data," CEPR Discussion Papers 585, Centre for Economic Policy Research, Research School of Economics, Australian National University.
- Samantha Farmakis‐Gamboni & David Prentice, 2011.
"When Does Reducing Union Bargaining Power Increase Productivity? Evidence from the Workplace Relations Act,"
The Economic Record,
The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 87(279), pages 603-616, December.
- Lixin Cai & Amy Y.C. Liu, 2008. "Union Wage Effects in Australia: Is There Variation along the Distribution?," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 84(267), pages 496-510, December.
- Jeff Borland, 1994. "Union Effects and Earnings Dispersion in Australia, 1986-1994," Canadian International Labour Network Working Papers 04, McMaster University.
- Samantha Farmakis-Gamboni & David Prentice, 2007.
"Does Reducing Union Bargaining Power Increase Productivity?,"
2007.04, School of Economics, La Trobe University.
- Monojit Chatterji, 2000. "Trade Union Power and Economic Efficiency," Dundee Discussion Papers in Economics 108, Economic Studies, University of Dundee.
- Vassilis Monastiriotis, 2003. "Union Retreat and Regional Economic Performance: the UK in the 1990s," Urban/Regional 0302006, EconWPA.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Lisa Schiff).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.