Causal inference for binary regression with observational data
AbstractSpecial problems arise when trying to do causal inference for binary regression with observational data; we will examine some of these problems and critically examine several common and not-so-common solutions.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Stata Users Group in its series CHI11 Stata Conference with number 6.
Date of creation: 20 Jul 2011
Date of revision:
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-08-09 (All new papers)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Joachim Wilde, 2008.
"A note on GMM estimation of probit models with endogenous regressors,"
Springer, vol. 49(3), pages 471-484, July.
- Joachim Wilde, 2005. "A note on GMM-estimation of probit models with endogenous regressors," IWH Discussion Papers 4, Halle Institute for Economic Research.
- James H. Stock & Motohiro Yogo, 2002. "Testing for Weak Instruments in Linear IV Regression," NBER Technical Working Papers 0284, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Parke Wilde & Mark Nord, 2005. "The Effect of Food Stamps on Food Security: A Panel Data Approach ," Review of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 27(3), pages 425-432.
- Azeem M. Shaikh & Edward J. Vytlacil, 2011. "Partial Identification in Triangular Systems of Equations With Binary Dependent Variables," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 79(3), pages 949-955, 05.
- Austin Nichols, 2009. "Causal inference," DC09 Stata Conference 8, Stata Users Group.
- Stock, James H & Wright, Jonathan H & Yogo, Motohiro, 2002. "A Survey of Weak Instruments and Weak Identification in Generalized Method of Moments," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 20(4), pages 518-29, October.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christopher F Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.