Measurement Of Substitutability Between U.S. Domestic Catfish And Imported Fish
AbstractThis study examines p-interdependence and quantifies q-substitutability between domestic catfish and different species of imported fish in the U.S. fish market. In doing so, this study uses cointegration analyses for p-interdependence and structural analyses for q-substitutability. Cointegration analysis identifies the long run price equilibria between U.S. domestic catfish and different species of imported fish. The structural analyses show a degree of q-substitutability.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Southern Agricultural Economics Association in its series 2009 Annual Meeting, January 31-February 3, 2009, Atlanta, Georgia with number 46782.
Date of creation: 31 Jan 2009
Date of revision:
cointegration; structural analyses; fish; imports; p-interdependence; and q-substitutability; International Relations/Trade;
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2009-02-07 (All new papers)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Dickey, David A & Rossana, Robert J, 1994. "Cointegrated Time Series: A Guide to Estimation and Hypothesis Testing," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 56(3), pages 325-53, August.
- Granger, C. W. J. & Newbold, P., 1974. "Spurious regressions in econometrics," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 2(2), pages 111-120, July.
- James Eales & Catherine Durham & Cathy R. Wessells, 1997. "Generalized Models of Japanese Demand for Fish," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 79(4), pages 1153-1163.
- Dolado, Juan J & Jenkinson, Tim & Sosvilla-Rivero, Simon, 1990. " Cointegration and Unit Roots," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 4(3), pages 249-73.
- Neves, Pedro Duarte, 1994. "A class of differential demand systems," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 44(1-2), pages 83-86.
- Seale, James L., Jr. & Lee, Jonq-Ying & Schmitz, Andrew & Schmitz, Troy G., 2005. "Import Demand for Fresh Fruit in Japan and Uniform Substitution for Products from Different Sources," Monographs, University of Florida, International Agricultural Trade and Policy Center, number 15700, April.
- Kjell G. Salvanes, 1997. "Market Delineation and Demand Structure," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 79(1), pages 139-150.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.