Pacific-Basin Finance Journal
Contact information of Elsevier:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/pacfin
Download restrictions: Full text for ScienceDirect subscribers only
Editor: K. Chan
For corrections or technical questions regarding this series, please contact (Zhang, Lei)
Series handle: repec:eee:pacfin
Citations RSS feed: at CitEc
Impact factors: Simple, Recursive, Discounted, Recursive discounted, H-Index, Aggregate
Access and download statistics
Top item: By citations. By downloads (last 12 months).
2013, Volume 25, Issue C
- 1-20 Investor heterogeneity and the cross-sectional stock returns in China
by Opie, Wei & Zhang, Hong Feng
- 21-39 How product market competition affects dividend payments in a weak investor protection economy: Evidence from Taiwan
by Kao, Lanfeng & Chen, Anlin
- 40-61 How does the stock market value bank diversification? Empirical evidence from Japanese banks
by Sawada, Michiru
- 62-84 Are foreign investors really beneficial? Evidence from South Korea
by Garner, Jacqueline L. & Kim, Won Yong
- 85-100 The impact of shareholding structure on firm investment: Evidence from Chinese listed companies
by Chen, Alex A. & Cao, Hong & Zhang, Dayong & Dickinson, David G.
- 101-118 Anonymity and order submissions
by Duong, Huu Nhan & Kalev, Petko S.
- 119-135 Is there a volatility effect in the Hong Kong stock market?
by Nartea, Gilbert V. & Wu, Ji
- 136-156 Interbank market, stock market, and bank performance in East Asia
by Inoguchi, Masahiro
- 157-180 Effects of dividend tax and signaling on firm valuation: Evidence from taxable stock dividend announcements
by Kuo, Nan-Ting & Lee, Cheng-Few
- 181-199 Tax reform and the identity of marginal traders around ex-dividend days
by Tseng, Yun-lan & Hu, Shing-yang
- 200-216 Are stock markets in Asia related to carry trade?
by Fung, Hung-Gay & Tse, Yiuman & Zhao, Lin
- 217-239 Analyst coverage, optimism, and stock price crash risk: Evidence from China
by Xu, Nianhang & Jiang, Xuanyu & Chan, Kam C. & Yi, Zhihong
- 240-252 Investor response to a natural disaster: Evidence from Japan's 2011 earthquake
by Hood, Matthew & Kamesaka, Akiko & Nofsinger, John & Tamura, Teruyuki
- 253-272 Bank competition and financial stability: A comparison of commercial banks and mutual savings banks in Korea
by Jeon, Jin Q. & Lim, Kwang Kyu
- 273-293 Capital gains, illiquidity, and stock returns
by Lei, Xiaoyan & Zhou, Yuegang & Zhu, Xiaoneng
- 294-314 Investor participation and underpricing in lottery-allocated Chinese IPOs
by Shen, Zhe & Coakley, Jerry & Instefjord, Norvald
2013, Volume 24, Issue C
- 1-21 Revisiting early warning signals of corporate credit default using linguistic analysis
by Lu, Yang-Cheng & Shen, Chung-Hua & Wei, Yu-Chen
- 22-38 An analysis of the impact of media coverage on stock price crashes and jumps: Evidence from Japan
by Aman, Hiroyuki
- 39-65 Ex-dividend prices and investor trades: Evidence from Taiwan
by Chen, Hung-Ling & Chow, Edward H. & Shiu, Cheng-Yi
- 66-88 The quality of securities firms' earnings forecasts and stock recommendations: Do informational advantages, reputation and experience matter in China?
by Bartholdy, Jan & Feng, Tiyi
- 89-108 Does the organisational form of the target influence market reaction to acquisition announcements? Australian evidence
by Shams, Syed M.M. & Gunasekarage, Abeyratna & Colombage, Sisira R.N.
- 109-131 Hedging performance of Chinese stock index futures: An empirical analysis using wavelet analysis and flexible bivariate GARCH approaches
by Hou, Yang & Li, Steven
- 132-155 Insider trading, accrual abuse, and corporate governance in emerging markets — Evidence from Taiwan
by Tang, Hui-wen & Chen, Anlin & Chang, Chong-Chuo
- 156-178 Conflicts of interest between banks and firms: Evidence from Japanese mergers
by Higgins, Huong N.
- 179-198 Corporate governance and payout policy: Evidence from Korean business groups
by Hwang, Lee-Seok & Kim, Hakkon & Park, Kwangwoo & Park, Rae Soo
- 199-220 Short sales, margin purchases and bid–ask spreads
by Zhao, Yan & Cheng, Lee-Young & Chang, Chong-Chuo & Ni, Cih-Ying
- 221-234 Corporate governance, growth opportunities, and the choices of cross-listings: The case of Chinese ADRs
by Pan, Lee-Hsien & Lin, Chien-Ting & Yang, Pei-Chi
- 235-255 Does CEO pay dispersion matter in an emerging market? Evidence from China's listed firms
by Hu, Fang & Pan, Xiaofei & Tian, Gary
- 256-278 What affects the cool-off duration under price limits?
by Chou, Pin-Huang & Chou, Robin K. & Ko, Kuan-Cheng & Chao, Chun-Yi
- 279-300 The dark side of independent venture capitalists: Evidence from Japan
by Sun, Yue & Uchida, Konari & Matsumoto, Mamoru
- 301-311 The relationship between satellite and home market volumes: Evidence from cross-listed Singapore futures contracts
by Frino, Alex & Harris, Frederick H.deB. & Lepone, Andrew & Wong, Jin Boon
- 312-339 Political connections, founder-managers, and their impact on tunneling in China's listed firms
by Ma, Liangbo & Ma, Shiguang & Tian, Gary
2013, Volume 23, Issue C
- 1-24 The role of the audit committee and the informativeness of accounting earnings in East Asia
by Woidtke, Tracie & Yeh, Yin-Hua
- 25-48 The benefit of modeling jumps in realized volatility for risk prediction: Evidence from Chinese mainland stocks
by Liao, Yin
- 49-64 Appointments of outsiders as CEOs, state-owned enterprises, and firm performance: Evidence from China
by Jiang, Fuxiu & Huang, Jicheng & Kim, Kenneth A.
- 65-82 Investor sentiment and IPO pricing during pre-market and aftermarket periods: Evidence from Hong Kong
by Jiang, Li & Li, Gao
- 83-108 The venture capital certification role in R&D: Evidence from IPO underpricing in Korea
by Cho, Jaemin & Lee, Jaeho
- 109-130 Volatility arbitrage around earnings announcements: Evidence from the Korean equity linked warrants market
by Baik, Bok & Kang, Hyoung-Goo & Kim, Young Jun
2013, Volume 22, Issue C
- 1-13 Corporate restructuring, financial deregulation, and firm value: Evidence from Japanese “spin-ins”
by Choi, Yoon K. & Han, Seung Hun
- 14-36 Death spiral issues in emerging market: A control related perspective
by Kim, Woochan & Kim, Woojin & Kim, Hyungseok
- 37-49 Yen/Dollar volatility and Chinese fear of floating: Pressures from the NDF market
by Gu, Li & McNelis, Paul D.
- 50-68 Tunneling and the decision to go private: Evidence from Hong Kong
by Du, Julan & He, Qing & Yuen, San Wing
- 69-87 Can US economic variables predict the Chinese stock market?
by Goh, Jeremy C. & Jiang, Fuwei & Tu, Jun & Wang, Yuchen
- 88-106 Does having a credit rating leave less money on the table when raising capital? A study of credit ratings and seasoned equity offerings in China
by Poon, Winnie P.H. & Chan, Kam C. & Firth, Michael A.
- 107-124 Can we treat empirical regularities as state variables in the ICAPM? Evidence from Australia
by Docherty, Paul & Chan, Howard & Easton, Steve
2013, Volume 21, Issue 1
- 881-898 Corporate governance, violations and market reactions
by Kouwenberg, Roy & Phunnarungsi, Visit
- 899-913 The price of sin in the Pacific-Basin
by Durand, Robert B. & Koh, SzeKee & Tan, Paul LiJian
- 914-931 State ownership and bank equity in the Asia-Pacific region
by Hossain, Mahmud & Jain, Pankaj K. & Mitra, Santanu
- 932-951 Investors' information advantage and order choices in an order-driven market
by Tsai, Shih-Chuan
- 952-966 An empirical study of credit spreads in an emerging market: The case of Korea
by Park, Keehwan & Ahn, Chang Mo & Kim, Dohyeon & Kim, Saekwon
- 967-983 Measuring the effect of postal saving privatization on the Japanese banking industry: Evidence from the 2005 general election
by Sawada, Michiru
- 984-1007 The price impact of options and futures volume in after-hours stock market trading
by Chang, Chuang-Chang & Hsieh, Pei-Fang & Lai, Hung-Neng
- 1008-1023 Commonality in individuals' trading: A systematic path between behavioral bias and expected returns
by Chae, Joon & Yang, Cheol-Won
- 1024-1045 The relation of trade size and price contribution in a traditional foreign exchange brokered market
by Ligon, James A. & Liu, Hao-Chen
- 1046-1061 Opportunistic insider trading
by Tirapat, Sunti & Visaltanachoti, Nuttawat
- 1062-1078 Is transaction price more value relevant compared to accounting information? An investigation of a time-series approach
by Tswei, Keshin
- 1079-1101 Political connections, corporate governance and preferential bank loans
by Yeh, Yin-Hua & Shu, Pei-Gi & Chiu, Shean-Bii
- 1102-1115 The house money effect on investment risk taking: Evidence from Taiwan
by Hsu, Yuan-Lin & Chow, Edward H.
- 1116-1135 Information asymmetry, price discovery, and the Chinese B-share discount puzzle
by Doukas, John A. & Wang, Liu
- 1136-1159 CEO gender, executive compensation and firm performance in Chinese‐listed enterprises
by Lam, Kevin C.K. & McGuinness, Paul B. & Vieito, João Paulo
- 1160-1174 Is there a reversal in the price discovery process under different market conditions? Evidence from Korean ADRs and their underlying foreign securities
by Wang, Ming-Chieh
- 1175-1190 Asset returns and liquidity effects: Evidence from a developed but small market
by Nguyen, Nhut H. & Lo, Ka Hei
- 1191-1208 Weekly momentum by return interval ranking
by Pan, Li & Tang, Ya & Xu, Jianguo
- 1209-1231 Liquidity commonality among Asian equity markets
by Wang, Jianxin
- 1232-1248 Short selling by individual investors: Destabilizing or price discovering?
by Jung, Chan Shik & Kim, Woojin & Lee, Dong Wook
2012, Volume 20, Issue 3
- 329-348 Intraday dynamics of volatility and duration: Evidence from Chinese stocks
by Liu, Chun & Maheu, John M.
- 349-362 How close a relationship does a capital market have with other such markets? The case of Taiwan from the Asian financial crisis
by Lee, Chingnun & Shie, Fu Shuen & Chang, Chiao Yi
- 363-377 Corporate philanthropy: Insights from the 2008 Wenchuan Earthquake in China
by Gao, Fox & Faff, Robert & Navissi, Farshid
- 378-397 Pricing and information content of block trades on the Shanghai Stock Exchange
by Fan, Longzhen & Hu, Bill & Jiang, Christine
- 398-415 Multiple founders and firm value
by Chen, En-Te & Gray, Stephen & Nowland, John
- 416-437 The investment value of the value premium
by Brailsford, Tim & Gaunt, Clive & O'Brien, Michael A.
- 438-458 Economic conditions, lending competition, and evaluation effect of credit line announcements on borrowers
by Liu, Yong-Chin & Chen, Hsiang-Ju
- 459-482 Blockholding and market reactions to equity offerings in China
by Cheung, William & Lam, Keith S.K. & Tam, Lewis H.K.
- 483-505 Decoupling the distressed banks and their clients, and coupling the distressed firms and their lending banks
by Wang, Chien-An & Shen, Chung-Hua
- 506-520 Short-sale constraints: Reductions in costs of capital or overvaluation? Evidence from Hong Kong
by Chang, Eric C. & Cheng, Joseph W. & Pinegar, J. Michael & Yu, Yinghui
- 521-541 Enter the dragon: Interactions between Chinese, US and Asia-Pacific equity markets, 1995–2010
by Burdekin, Richard C.K. & Siklos, Pierre L.
2012, Volume 20, Issue 2
- 173-197 Bank-based and market-based financial systems: Time-series evidence
by Lee, Bong-Soo
- 198-227 Evaluating asset pricing models in the Korean stock market
by Kim, Soon-Ho & Kim, Dongcheol & Shin, Hyun-Soo
- 228-246 Size and performance of Chinese mutual funds: The role of economy of scale and liquidity
by Tang, Ke & Wang, Wenjun & Xu, Rong
- 247-270 Volatility spillovers between the Chinese and world equity markets
by Zhou, Xiangyi & Zhang, Weijin & Zhang, Jie
- 271-291 Testing financial contagion on heteroskedastic asset returns in time-varying conditional correlation
by Choe, Kwang-il & Choi, Pilsun & Nam, Kiseok & Vahid, Farshid
- 292-309 Unintended regulatory consequences: Evidence from the Korean IPOs
by Chang, Kiyoung & Kim, Yong-Cheol & Kim, Young Sang & Thornton, John H.
- 310-327 How do investors react under uncertainty?
by Bird, Ron & Yeung, Danny
2011, Volume 19, Issue 5
- 447-469 A tool for scrutinizing bank bailouts based on multi-period peer benchmarking
by Avkiran, Necmi K. & Goto, Mika
- 470-490 Connected transactions and firm value: Evidence from China-affiliated companies
by Lei, Adrian C.H. & Song, Frank M.
- 491-510 Style analysis and Value-at-Risk of Asia-focused hedge funds
by Weng, Haijie & Trück, Stefan
- 511-534 How does ownership concentration exacerbate information asymmetry among equity investors?
by Byun, Hae-Young & Hwang, Lee-Seok & Lee, Woo-Jong
- 535-553 Does corporate diversification by business groups create value? Evidence from Korean chaebols
by Bae, Sung C. & Kwon, Taek Ho & Lee, Jang W.
- 554-570 Do corporate governance mechanisms matter for cash holdings and firm value?
by Kusnadi, Yuanto
- 571-585 Are stock and real estate markets integrated? An empirical study of six Asian economies
by Lin, Tsoyu Calvin & Lin, Zong-Han
- 586-603 Exchange rates and FDI strategies of multinational enterprises
by Lee, Bong-Soo & Min, Byung S.
2011, Volume 19, Issue 4
- 351-373 Regulatory changes, market integration and spillover effects in the Chinese A, B and Hong Kong equity markets
by Chen, Jing & Buckland, Roger & Williams, Julian
- 374-389 Seize the moment: Opportunism in Australian capital markets
by Koh, SzeKee & Durand, Robert B. & Watson, Iain
- 390-403 Currency hedging failure in international equity investments and an efficient hedging strategy: The perspective of Korean investors
by Suh, Sangwon
- 404-419 The cyclical behavior of the risk of value strategy: Evidence from Taiwan
by Huang, I-Hsiang
- 420-434 An Ohlson valuation framework for valuing corporate governance: The case of Taiwan
by Lee, Shih-Cheng & Lin, Chien-Ting & Chang, Pei-Ting
- 435-446 Difference of opinion and the cross-section of equity returns: Australian evidence
by Gharghori, Philip & See, Quin & Veeraraghavan, Madhu
2011, Volume 19, Issue 3
- 261-277 Agency cost, top executives' overconfidence, and investment-cash flow sensitivity -- Evidence from listed companies in China
by Huang, Wei & Jiang, Fuxiu & Liu, Zhibiao & Zhang, Min
- 278-297 Corporate governance and risk-taking: Evidence from Japanese firms
by Nguyen, Pascal
- 298-307 The impact of trading halts on liquidity and price volatility: Evidence from the Australian Stock Exchange
by Frino, Alex & Lecce, Steven & Segara, Reuben
- 308-329 Effects of prior voluntary disclosure on earnings announcements in an environment with low information and regulation
by Cheng Chee Mun, Eugene & Courtenay, Stephen M. & Rahman, Asheq R.
- 330-349 Prospect theory and the effectiveness of price limits
by Lin, Mei-Chen & Chou, Pin-Huang
2011, Volume 19, Issue 2
- 173-193 Do liquidity or credit effects explain the behavior of the BKBM-LIBOR differential?
by Poskitt, Russell & Waller, Bradley
- 194-207 Stealth trading: The case of the Tokyo Stock Exchange
by Ascioglu, Asli & Comerton-Forde, Carole & McInish, Thomas H.
- 208-229 Size effect in January and cultural influences in an emerging stock market: The perspective of behavioral finance
by Chen, Tsung-Cheng & Chien, Chin-Chen
- 230-244 Corporate name changes: Price reactions and long-run performance
by Kot, Hung Wan
- 245-259 Corporate dividend policy in practice: Evidence from an emerging market with a tax-free environment
by Chazi, Abdelaziz & Boubakri, Narjess & Zanella, Fernando
2011, Volume 19, Issue 1
- 1-20 Stock price volatility and overreaction in a political crisis: The effects of corporate governance and performance
by Huang, Hsu-Huei & Chan, Min-Lee & Huang, I-Hsiang & Chang, Chih-Hsiang
- 21-40 Optimal dividend policy, debt policy and the level of investment within a multi-period DCF framework
by Lally, Martin
- 41-70 The impacts of large trades by trader types on intraday futures prices: Evidence from the Taiwan Futures Exchange
by Chou, Robin K. & Wang, George H.K. & Wang, Yun-Yi & Bjursell, Johan
- 71-97 Cross-border venture capital performance: Evidence from China
by Wang, Lanfang & Wang, Susheng
- 98-114 International diversification with American Depository Receipts (ADRs)
by Kabir, M. Humayun & Hassan, M. Kabir & Maroney, Neal
- 115-139 Asset growth and stock returns: Evidence from Asian financial markets
by Yao, Tong & Yu, Tong & Zhang, Ting & Chen, Shaw
- 140-156 Contrarian investment strategies work better for dually-traded stocks: Evidence from Hong Kong
by Ramiah, Vikash & Cheng, Ka Yeung & Orriols, Julien & Naughton, Tony & Hallahan, Terrence
- 157-171 A long-term assessment of finance research performance among Asia-Pacific academic institutions (1990-2008)
by Chan, Kam C. & Chen, Carl R. & Lee, Tan (Charlene)
2010, Volume 18, Issue 5
- 427-441 Stock splits in a retail dominant order driven market
by Pavabutr, Pantisa & Sirodom, Kulpatra
- 442-459 Price, volume and spread effects associated with the expiry of lock-in agreements: Evidence from the Hong Kong IPO market
by Goergen, Marc & Mazouz, Khelifa & Yin, Shuxing
- 460-476 Changes in Malaysia: Capital controls, prime ministers and political connections
by Mitchell, Heather & Joseph, Saramma
- 477-493 Mutual fund herding its impact on stock returns: Evidence from the Taiwan stock market
by Hung, Weifeng & Lu, Chia-Chi & Lee, Cheng F.
- 494-508 Post-restructuring performance in Japan
by Inoue, Kotaro & Uchida, Konari & Bremer, Marc
- 509-520 Market liquidity risk factor and financial market anomalies: Evidence from the Chinese stock market
by Narayan, Paresh Kumar & Zheng, Xinwei
- 521-535 The Impact of Short-Sales Constraints on Liquidity and the Liquidity-Return Relations
by Chuang, Wen-I & Lee, Hsiu-Chuan
2010, Volume 18, Issue 4
- 335-350 Asian sovereign debt and country risk
by Johansson, Anders C.
- 351-368 Retail minority shareholders and corporate reputation as determinant of dividend policy in Australia
by Lee, King Fuei
- 369-389 What should we know about momentum investing? The case of the Australian Security Exchange
by Galariotis, Emilios C.
- 390-402 Foreign investors and corporate governance in Korea
by Kim, In Joon & Eppler-Kim, Jiyeon & Kim, Wi Saeng & Byun, Suk Joon
- 403-425 On the predictability of Chinese stock returns
by Chen, Xuanjuan & Kim, Kenneth A. & Yao, Tong & Yu, Tong
2010, Volume 18, Issue 3
- 241-253 Cutting the hedge: Exporters' dynamic currency hedging behaviour
by Fabling, Richard & Grimes, Arthur
- 254-271 Predicting Japanese bank stock performance with a composite relative efficiency metric: A new investment tool
by Avkiran, Necmi K. & Morita, Hiroshi
- 272-289 Asymmetry in return and volatility spillover between equity and bond markets in Australia
by Dean, Warren G. & Faff, Robert W. & Loudon, Geoffrey F.
- 290-305 The appropriateness of default investment options in defined contribution plans: Australian evidence
by Basu, Anup K. & Drew, Michael E.
- 306-318 Financial constraints and stock returns -- Evidence from Australia
by Chan, Howard & Chang, Xin & Faff, Robert & Wong, George
- 319-334 An examination of the impact of India's performance in one-day cricket internationals on the Indian stock market
by Mishra, Vinod & Smyth, Russell
2010, Volume 18, Issue 2
- 139-157 Post earnings announcement drift and the roles of drift-enhanced factors in New Zealand
by Truong, Cameron
- 158-174 The impact of divergence in voting and cash-flow rights on the use of bank debt
by Chong, Beng Soon
- 175-185 Herding and the role of foreign institutions in emerging equity markets
by Chang, Charles
- 186-198 A trading strategy based on Callable Bull/Bear Contracts
by Cheung, Yan-Leung & Cheung, Yin-Wong & He, Angela W.W. & Wan, Alan T.K.
- 199-216 Noise and efficient variance in the Indonesia Stock Exchange
by Henker, Thomas & Husodo, Zaäfri A.
- 217-239 The overconfidence of investors in the primary market
by Hsu, Yenshan & Shiu, Cheng-Yi
2010, Volume 18, Issue 1
- 1-23 Diversification, rationality and the Asian economic crisis
by Bowman, Robert G. & Chan, Kam Fong & Comer, Matthew R.
- 24-46 Agency costs, ownership structure and corporate governance compliance: A private contracting perspective
by Henry, Darren
- 47-63 Unfunded pension liabilities and stock returns
by Nakajima, Kan & Sasaki, Takafumi
- 64-76 Changes in equity returns and volatility across different Australian industries following the recent terrorist attacks
by Ramiah, Vikash & Cam, Marie-Anne & Calabro, Michael & Maher, David & Ghafouri, Shahab
- 77-89 What comprises IPO initial returns: Evidence from the Chinese market
by Gao, Yan
- 90-115 Liquidity and stock returns in Japan: New evidence
by Chang, Yuk Ying & Faff, Robert & Hwang, Chuan-Yang
- 116-137 The dynamics of individual and institutional trading on the Shanghai Stock Exchange
by Lee, Bong Soo & Li, Wei & Wang, Steven Shuye
2009, Volume 17, Issue 5
- 525-526 Foreword by the Guest Editor
by Comerton-Forde, C.
- 527-532 The implications of liquidity and order flows for neoclassical finance
by Subrahmanyam, Avanidhar
- 533-546 Order aggressiveness of institutional and individual investors
by Duong, Huu Nhan & Kalev, Petko S. & Krishnamurti, Chandrasekhar
- 547-564 Intraweek and intraday trade patterns and dynamics
by Kalev, Petko S. & Pham, Linh T.
- 565-579 Momentum profits in the Australian equity market: A matched firm approach
by Bettman, Jenni L. & Maher, Thomas R.B. & Sault, Stephen J.
- 580-593 Default risk and equity returns: Australian evidence
by Gharghori, Philip & Chan, Howard & Faff, Robert
- 594-610 Cash dividends, stock dividends and subsequent earnings growth
by Huang, Chin-Sheng & You, Chun-Fan & Lin, Szu-Hsien
- 611-627 U.S. and Japanese macroeconomic news and stock market volatility in Asia-Pacific
by Vrugt, Evert B.
- 628-650 Do Japanese CEOs matter?
by Ahn, Sanghoon & Bhattacharya, Utpal & Jung, Taehun & Nam, Giseok
2009, Volume 17, Issue 4
- 395-412 Regulation and target takeover returns: Is there a link?
by Marshall, Ben R. & Anderson, Hamish D.
- 413-443 Determinants of state equity ownership, and its effect on value/performance: China's privatized firms
by Ng, Alex & Yuce, Ayse & Chen, Eason
- 444-459 Stock index reaction to large price changes: Evidence from major Asian stock indexes
by Mazouz, Khelifa & Joseph, Nathan Lael & Palliere, Clement
- 460-478 The impact of disclosure reform on the NZX's financial information environment
by Huang, Meng & Marsden, Alastair & Poskitt, Russell
- 479-493 Do momentum-based strategies work in emerging currency markets?
by Chong, Terence Tai-Leung & Ip, Hugo Tak-Sang
- 494-505 The conservatism bias in an emerging stock market: Evidence from Taiwan
by Wu, Chen-Hui & Wu, Chin-Shun & Liu, Victor W.
- 506-523 A study on foreign exchange dealers' bid-ask spread quote behavior
by Hua, Mingshu
2009, Volume 17, Issue 3
- 295-318 Risk premia in international equity markets revisited
by Brown, Stephen J. & Hiraki, Takato & Arakawa, Kiyoshi & Ohno, Saburo
- 319-337 Information based trade, the PIN variable, and portfolio style differences: Evidence from Tokyo stock exchange firms
by Kubota, Keiichi & Takehara, Hitoshi
- 338-351 Index membership and predictability of stock returns: The case of the Nikkei 225
by Liu, Shinhua
- 352-371 Monetary and exchange rate stability in South and East Asia
by Bauer, Christian & Herz, Bernhard
- 372-393 Tunneling and propping up: An analysis of related party transactions by Chinese listed companies
by Cheung, Yan-Leung & Jing, Lihua & Lu, Tong & Rau, P. Raghavendra & Stouraitis, Aris
2009, Volume 17, Issue 2
- 145-162 Impaired bank health and default risk
by Fukuda, Shin-ichi & Kasuya, Munehisa & Akashi, Kentaro
- 163-174 Increased presence of foreign investors and dividend policy of Japanese firms
by Baba, Naohiko
- 175-188 What drives Yen interventions in Tokyo?: Do off-shore foreign exchange markets matter more than Tokyo market?
by Hall, Yosuke & Kim, Suk-Joong
- 189-208 Informed trading under different market conditions and moneyness: Evidence from TXO options
by Chan, Kam C. & Chang, Yuanchen & Lung, Peter P.
- 209-223 Dividends for tunneling in a regulated economy: The case of China
by Chen, Donghua & Jian, Ming & Xu, Ming
- 224-242 The style and innate structure of the stock markets in China
by Long, Wen & Mok, Henry M.K. & Hu, Yan & Wang, Huiwen
- 243-256 Inter-temporal examination of the trading activities of foreign investors in the Korean stock market
by Kim, Jaemin & Landi, James & Yoo, Sean Sehyun
- 257-270 Do active fund managers care about capital gains tax efficiency?
by Fong, Kingsley Y.L. & Gallagher, David R. & Lau, Sarah S.W. & Swan, Peter L.
- 271-293 Multiple board appointments and firm performance in emerging economies: Evidence from India
by Sarkar, Jayati & Sarkar, Subrata
2009, Volume 17, Issue 1
- 1-27 Portfolio pumping: An examination of investment manager quarter-end trading and impact on performance
by Gallagher, David R. & Gardner, Peter & Swan, Peter L.
- 28-40 Are magnet effects caused by uninformed traders? Evidence from Taiwan Stock Exchange
by Wong, Woon K. & Chang, Matthew C. & Tu, Anthony H.
- 41-57 Can margin traders predict future stock returns in Japan?
by Hirose, Takehide & Kato, Hideaki Kiyoshi & Bremer, Marc
- 58-79 Market imperfections and the information content of implied and realized volatility
by Wong, Woon K. & Tu, Anthony H.
- 80-99 Commonality in liquidity: Evidence from the Stock Exchange of Thailand
by Pukthuanthong-Le, Kuntara & Visaltanachoti, Nuttawat
- 100-124 Investor biases in Japan: Another pathology of Keiretsu
by Hiraki, Takato & Ito, Akitoshi
- 125-144 Islamic banking: Interest-free or interest-based?
by Chong, Beng Soon & Liu, Ming-Hua
2008, Volume 16, Issue 5
- 493-521 Conducting event studies with Asia-Pacific security market data
by Corrado, Charles J. & Truong, Cameron
- 522-538 The effect of price limits on intraday volatility and information asymmetry
by Kim, Yong H. & Yang, J. Jimmy
- 539-554 Warrants in IPOs: Evidence from Hong Kong
by Mazouz, Khelifa & Saadouni, Brahim & Yin, Shuxing
- 555-571 The profitability of asset sales as an explanation of asset divestitures
by Shin, G. Hwan
- 572-590 Intraboard heterogeneity and the role of bank-dispatched directors in Japanese firms: An empirical study
by Saito, Takuji & Odagiri, Hiroyuki
- 591-605 Corporate governance and tunneling: Empirical evidence from China
by Gao, Lei & Kling, Gerhard
- 606-623 Executive pay and firm performance in the Philippines
by Unite, Angelo A. & Sullivan, Michael J. & Brookman, Jeffrey & Majadillas, Mary Anne & Taningco, Angelo
2008, Volume 16, Issue 4
- 341-369 The role of investment banks in M&A transactions: Fees and services
by Walter, Terry S. & Yawson, Alfred & Yeung, Charles P.W.
- 370-388 Interaction of investor trades and market volatility: Evidence from the Tokyo Stock Exchange
by Bae, Kee-Hong & Yamada, Takeshi & Ito, Keiichi
- 389-410 Banks as lenders and shareholders: Evidence from Japan
by Gao, Wenlian
- 411-435 The accuracy of analysts' dividend forecasts around the world
by Brown, Philip & How, Janice C.Y. & Verhoeven, Peter
- 436-452 Sudden stops and liability dollarization: Evidence from Asia's financial intermediaries
by Chue, Timothy K. & Cook, David
- 453-475 Evaluating the impact of market reforms on Value-at-Risk forecasts of Chinese A and B shares
by da Veiga, Bernardo & Chan, Felix & McAleer, Michael
- 476-492 Momentum strategies and stock returns: Chinese evidence
by Naughton, Tony & Truong, Cameron & Veeraraghavan, Madhu
2008, Volume 16, Issue 3
- 183-203 Behavioral explanations of trading volume and short-horizon price patterns: An investigation of seven Asia-Pacific markets
by Ding, David K. & McInish, Thomas H. & Wongchoti, Udomsak
- 204-223 Stochastic dominance analysis of Asian hedge funds
by Wong, Wing-Keung & Phoon, Kok Fai & Lean, Hooi Hooi
- 224-235 Auctions versus book-built IPOs in Japan: A comparison of aftermarket volatility
by Pettway, Richard H. & Thosar, Satish & Walker, Scott