Migrants and Housing Investments: Theory and Evidence from Nigeria
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by University of Chicago Press in its journal Economic Development and Cultural Change.
Volume (Year): 52 (2004)
Issue (Month): 4 (July)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.journals.uchicago.edu/EDCC/
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Galor, Oded & Stark, Oded, 1990. "Migrants' Savings, the Probability of Return Migration and Migrants' Performance," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 31(2), pages 463-67, May.
- Udry, Christopher, 1994. "Risk and Insurance in a Rural Credit Market: An Empirical Investigation in Northern Nigeria," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 61(3), pages 495-526, July.
- Ilahi, Nadeem & Jafarey, Saqib, 1999. "Guestworker migration, remittances and the extended family: evidence from Pakistan," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 58(2), pages 485-512, April.
- Lucas, Robert E B & Stark, Oded, 1985. "Motivations to Remit: Evidence from Botswana," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 93(5), pages 901-18, October.
- Galor, Oded & Stark, Oded, 1991. "The probability of return migration, migrants' work effort, and migrants' performance," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 399-405, April.
- Adams Jr., Richard H. & Cuecuecha, Alfredo, 2010.
"Remittances, Household Expenditure and Investment in Guatemala,"
Elsevier, vol. 38(11), pages 1626-1641, November.
- Adams, Richard H. Jr., 2005. "Remittances, household expenditure and investment in Guatemala," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3532, The World Bank.
- Laetitia Duval & Francois-Charles Wolff�, 2010.
"Remittances matter: longitudinal evidence from Albania,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 22(1), pages 73-97.
- Laetitia Duval & François-Charles Wolff, 2009. "Remittances matter: Longitudinal evidence from Albania," Working Papers hal-00421234, HAL.
- Lall, Somik V. & Selod, Harris & Shalizi, Zmarak, 2006. "Rural-urban migration in developing countries : a survey of theoretical predictions and empirical findings," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3915, The World Bank.
- Isabel Ruiz & Carlos Vargas-Silva, 2012. "Exploring the causes of the slowdown in remittances to Mexico," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 42(3), pages 745-766, June.
- Berry, Sara, 2009. "Building for the Future? Investment, Land Reform and the Contingencies of Ownership in Contemporary Ghana," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 37(8), pages 1370-1378, August.
- Mazzucato, Valentina, 2009. "Informal Insurance Arrangements in Ghanaian Migrants' Transnational Networks: The Role of Reverse Remittances and Geographic Proximity," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 37(6), pages 1105-1115, June.
- James Dzansi, 2013. "Do remittance inflows promote manufacturing growth?," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer, vol. 51(1), pages 89-111, August.
- Gregory Price, 2008. "NEA Presidential Address: Black Economists of the World You Cite!!," The Review of Black Political Economy, Springer, vol. 35(1), pages 1-12, March.
- Matthias Lücke & Toman Omar Mahmoud & Christian Peuker, 2012. "Identifying the Motives of Migrant Philanthropy," Kiel Working Papers 1790, Kiel Institute for the World Economy.
- Isabel Ruiz & Carlos Vargas-Silva, 2010.
"Another consequence of the economic crisis: a decrease in migrants' remittances,"
Applied Financial Economics,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 20(1-2), pages 171-182.
- Isabel Ruiz & Carlos Vargas-Silva, 2009. "Another Consequence of the Economic Crisis: A Decrease in Migrants’ Remittances," Working Papers 0907, Sam Houston State University, Department of Economics and International Business.
- Adams, Richard H. & Cuecuecha, Alfredo, 2013. "The Impact of Remittances on Investment and Poverty in Ghana," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 50(C), pages 24-40.
- A. Nurul Hossain & Syed Hasanuzzaman, 2013. "Remittances and investment nexus in Bangladesh: an ARDL bounds testing approach," International Review of Economics, Springer, vol. 60(4), pages 387-407, December.
- Rapoport, Hillel & Docquier, Frederic, 2006.
"The Economics of Migrants' Remittances,"
Handbook on the Economics of Giving, Reciprocity and Altruism,
- Claudine Attias-Donfut & François-Charles Wolff & Philippe Tessier, 2006. "Intergenerational Transfers by Elderly Migrants," Economie et Statistique, Institut National de la Statistique et des Etudes Economiques, vol. 390, pages 3-23, July.
- Laetitia Duval & François-Charles Wolff, 2009. "L'effet des transferts migratoires sur la déforestation dans les pays en développement," Working Papers hal-00421222, HAL.
- Nwosu O. Emmanuel & Fonta M. William & Aneke Gladys & Yuni N. Denis, 2012. "Microeconomic determinants of migrant remittances to Nigerian households," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 32(4), pages 3425-3438.
- Victoria Licuanan & Toman Omar Mahmoud & Andreas Steinmayr, 2012. "The Drivers of Diaspora Donations for Development: Evidence from the Philippines," Kiel Working Papers 1807, Kiel Institute for the World Economy.
- Adams, Richard H., Jr. & Cuecuecha, Alfredo & Page, John, 2008. "Remittances, consumption and investment in Ghana," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4515, The World Bank.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Journals Division).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.