The Economic Uses and Impact of International Remittances in Rural Egypt
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by University of Chicago Press in its journal Economic Development and Cultural Change.
Volume (Year): 39 (1991)
Issue (Month): 4 (July)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.journals.uchicago.edu/EDCC/
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- de Haas, Hein, 2009. "Mobility and Human Development," MPRA Paper 19176, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Adenutsi, Deodat E., 2011. "Do remittances alleviate poverty and income inequality in poor countries? Empirical evidence from sub-Saharan Africa," MPRA Paper 37130, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Olowa Olatomide Waheed & Adebayo M. Shittu, 2012. "Remittances and income inequality in rural Nigeria," E3 Journal of Business Management and Economics., E3 Journals, E3 Journals, vol. 3(5), pages 210-221.
- Farrukh Iqbal, 2006. "Sustaining Gains in Poverty Reduction and Human Development in the Middle East and North Africa," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 7048, August.
- Jacques Bouhga-Hagbe, 2006. "Altruism and Workers' Remittances," IMF Working Papers 06/130, International Monetary Fund.
- Faini, Riccardo, 2006.
"Remittances and the Brain Drain,"
IZA Discussion Papers
2155, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Riccardo Faini, 2006. "Remittances and the brain drain," Development Working Papers, Centro Studi Luca d\'Agliano, University of Milano 214, Centro Studi Luca d\'Agliano, University of Milano.
- Faini, Riccardo, 2006. "Remittances and the Brain Drain," CEPR Discussion Papers, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers 5720, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- El-Sakka, M. I. T. & McNabb, Robert, 1999. "The Macroeconomic Determinants of Emigrant Remittances," World Development, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 27(8), pages 1493-1502, August.
- Junaid Ahmed & Mazhar Mughal, 2014. "How do consumption patterns of foreign and domestic remittance recipients and non recipients compare? Evidence from Pakistan," Courant Research Centre: Poverty, Equity and Growth - Discussion Papers 160, Courant Research Centre PEG.
- Taylor, J. Edward & Mora, Jorge, 2006. "Does migration reshape expenditures in rural households? Evidence from Mexico," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3842, The World Bank.
- Davies, Simon & Easaw, Joshy & Ghoshray, Atanu, 2009. "Mental accounting and remittances: A study of rural Malawian households," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 30(3), pages 321-334, June.
- de Brauw, Alan & Rozelle, Scott, 2008. "Migration and household investment in rural China," China Economic Review, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 320-335, June.
- Adams, Richard H., Jr., 1996. "Remittances, income distribution, and rural asset accumulation," FCND discussion papers, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI) 17, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Nguyen Viet, Cuong, 2008. "Impacts of International and Internal Remittances on Household Welfare: Evidence from Viet Nam," MPRA Paper 25770, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Hein de Haas, 2009. "Mobility and Human Development," Human Development Research Papers (2009 to present), Human Development Report Office (HDRO), United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) HDRP-2009-01, Human Development Report Office (HDRO), United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), revised Apr 2009.
- Slobodan Djajic & Michael S. Michael, 2009. "Temporary Migration Policies and Welfare of the Host and Source Countries: A Game-Theoretic Approach," CESifo Working Paper Series 2811, CESifo Group Munich.
- Alderman, Harold, 1996. "Saving and economic shocks in rural Pakistan," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 51(2), pages 343-365, December.
- Kuhlman, Tom, 2000. "Forced migration : an economist's perspective," Serie Research Memoranda, VU University Amsterdam, Faculty of Economics, Business Administration and Econometrics 0010, VU University Amsterdam, Faculty of Economics, Business Administration and Econometrics.
- de Haan, Arjan, 2006. "Migration in the Development Studies Literature: Has It Come Out of Its Marginality?," Working Paper Series, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER) RP2006/19, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Osili, Una Okonkwo, 2007. "Remittances and savings from international migration: Theory and evidence using a matched sample," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 83(2), pages 446-465, July.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Journals Division).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.