Instrumental variables, bootstrapping, and generalized linear models
AbstractThis paper discusses and illustrates the qvf command for fitting generalized linear models. The differences between this new command and StataÕs glm command are highlighted. One of the most notable features of the qvf command is its ability to include instrumental variables. This functionality was added specifically to address measurement error but may be utilized by the user for other purposes. The qvf command was developed in the C-language using StataÕs new plugin features and executes much faster than the glm ado-file. Copyright 2003 by StataCorp LP.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by StataCorp LP in its journal Stata Journal.
Volume (Year): 3 (2003)
Issue (Month): 4 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.stata-journal.com/
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Joseph Hilbe, 1993. "Generalized linear models," Stata Technical Bulletin, StataCorp LP, vol. 2(11).
- Neeraj Kaushal, 2007.
"Do Food Stamps Cause Obesity? Evidence from Immigrant Experience,"
NBER Working Papers
12849, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kaushal, N., 2007. "Do food stamps cause obesity?: Evidence from immigrant experience," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(5), pages 968-991, September.
- Neeraj Kaushal, 2006. "Do food stamps cause obesity? Evidence from immigrant experience," Working Papers 0607, Harris School of Public Policy Studies, University of Chicago.
- Wagstaff, Adam & Lindelow, Magnus, 2005.
"Can insurance increase financial risk ? The curious case of health insurance in China,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
3741, The World Bank.
- Wagstaff, Adam & Lindelow, Magnus, 2008. "Can insurance increase financial risk?: The curious case of health insurance in China," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(4), pages 990-1005, July.
- Cawley, John & Meyerhoefer, Chad, 2012.
"The medical care costs of obesity: An instrumental variables approach,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 31(1), pages 219-230.
- John Cawley & Chad Meyerhoefer, 2010. "The Medical Care Costs of Obesity: An Instrumental Variables Approach," NBER Working Papers 16467, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christopher F. Baum) or (Lisa Gilmore).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.