Integrating a broader notion of food security and gender empowerment into the African Green Revolution
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Food Security.
Volume (Year): 1 (2009)
Issue (Month): 3 (September)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springer.com/life+sciences/agriculture/journal/12571
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Priya BHAGOWALIA & Susan E. CHEN & Gerald SHIVELY, 2007.
"Input Choices In Agriculture: Is There A Gender Bias?,"
07-09, Purdue University, College of Agriculture, Department of Agricultural Economics.
- Chen, Susan E. & Bhagowalia, Priya & Shively, Gerald, 2011. "Input Choices in Agriculture: Is There A Gender Bias?," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 39(4), pages 561-568, April.
- Filmer, Deon & King, Elizabeth M. & Pritchett, Lant, 1998. "Gender disparity in South Asia : comparisons between and within countries," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1867, The World Bank.
- Donovan, Cynthia & Bailey, Linda & Mpyisi, Edson & Weber, Michael T., 2003. "Prime-Age Adult Morbidity and Mortality in Rural Rwanda: Effects on Household Income, Agricultural Production, and Food Security Strategies," Food Security Collaborative Working Papers 55387, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
- Saito, Katrine A. & Weidemann, C. Jean, 1990. "Agricultural extension for women farmers in Africa," Policy Research Working Paper Series 398, The World Bank.
- Yamano, Takashi & Jayne, T. S., 2004. "Measuring the Impacts of Working-Age Adult Mortality on Small-Scale Farm Households in Kenya," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 91-119, January.
- Saito, K.A. & Weidermann, C.J., 1990. "Agricultural Extension For Women Farmers In Africa," World Bank - Discussion Papers 103, World Bank.
- Smith, Lisa C. & Haddad, Lawrence James, 2000. "Explaining child malnutrition in developing countries: a cross-country analysis," Research reports 111, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Per Pinstrup-Andersen, 2009. "Food security: definition and measurement," The Science, Sociology and Economics of Food Production and Access to Food, Springer, vol. 1(1), pages 5-7, February.
- von Braun, Joachim & Puetz, Detlev & Webb, Patrick, 1989. "Irrigation technology and commercialization of rice in the Gambia: effects on income and nutrition," Research reports 75, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Pedro Sanchez & Glenn Denning & Generose Nziguheba, 2009. "The African Green Revolution moves forward," The Science, Sociology and Economics of Food Production and Access to Food, Springer, vol. 1(1), pages 37-44, February.
- Quisumbing, Agnes R. & Estudillo, Jonna P. & Otsuka, Keijiro, 2004. "Land and schooling," Food policy statements 41, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.