Does teenage childbearing reduce investment in human capital?
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Journal of Population Economics.
Volume (Year): 24 (2011)
Issue (Month): 2 (April)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://link.springer.de/link/service/journals/00148/index.htm
More information through EDIRC
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- I18 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Government Policy; Regulation; Public Health
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Alan Krueger & Orley Ashenfelter, 1992.
"Estimates of the Economic Return to Schooling from a New Sample of Twins,"
NBER Working Papers
4143, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ashenfelter, Orley & Krueger, Alan B, 1994. "Estimates of the Economic Returns to Schooling from a New Sample of Twins," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 84(5), pages 1157-73, December.
- Ribar, David C, 1994.
"Teenage Fertility and High School Completion,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 76(3), pages 413-24, August.
- Janet Currie & Mark Stabile, 2004.
"Child Mental Health and Human Capital Accumulation: The Case of ADHD,"
NBER Working Papers
10435, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Currie, Janet & Stabile, Mark, 2006. "Child mental health and human capital accumulation: The case of ADHD," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 25(6), pages 1094-1118, November.
- Arnaud Chevalier & Tarja K. Viitanen, 2002.
"The Long-Run Labour Market Consequences of Teenage Motherhood in Britain,"
CEP Discussion Papers
dp0516, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Arnaud Chevalier & Tarja K. Viitanen & Tarja K. Viitanen, 2003. "The long-run labour market consequences of teenage motherhood in Britain," Journal of Population Economics, Springer, vol. 16(2), pages 323-343, 05.
- Adam Ashcraft & Kevin Lang, 2006. "The Consequences of Teenage Childbearing," NBER Working Papers 12485, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Koning, Pierre & Webbink, Dinand & Vujić, Sunčica & Martin, Nicholas G., 2010.
"The Effect of Childhood Conduct Disorder on Human Capital,"
IZA Discussion Papers
4940, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Dinand Webbink & Sunčica Vujić & Pierre Koning & Nicholas G. Martin, 2012. "The Effect Of Childhood Conduct Disorder On Human Capital," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 21(8), pages 928-945, 08.
- Suncica Vujic & Pierre Koning & Dinand Webbink & N. Martin, 2008. "The effect of childhood conduct disorder on human capital," CPB Discussion Paper 113, CPB Netherlands Bureau for Economic Policy Analysis.
- Janet Currie & Mark Stabile, 2007.
"Mental Health in Childhood and Human Capital,"
in: The Problems of Disadvantaged Youth: An Economic Perspective, pages 115-148
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- repec:pri:indrel:798 is not listed on IDEAS
- Saul D. Hoffman, 2003. "The Socio-Economic Effects of Teen Childbearing Re-Considered: A Re-Analysis of the Teen Miscarriage Experiment," Working Papers 03-08, University of Delaware, Department of Economics.
- John Ermisch & David Pevalin, 2005. "Early motherhood and later partnerships," Journal of Population Economics, Springer, vol. 18(3), pages 469-489, 09.
- Thomas J. Kane & Cecilia Elena Rouse & Douglas Staiger, 1999. "Estimating Returns to Schooling When Schooling is Misreported," NBER Working Papers 7235, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Helena Holmlund, 2005.
"Estimating Long-Term Consequences of Teenage Childbearing: An Examination of the Siblings Approach,"
Journal of Human Resources,
University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 40(3).
- Holmlund, Helena, 2004. "Estimating Long-Term Consequences of Teenage Childbearing - An Examination of the Siblings Approach," Working Paper Series 1/2004, Swedish Institute for Social Research.
- Jason Fletcher & Barbara L. Wolfe, 2007.
"Child Mental Health and Human Capital Accumulation: The Case of ADHD Revisited,"
NBER Working Papers
13474, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Fletcher, Jason & Wolfe, Barbara, 2008. "Child mental health and human capital accumulation: The case of ADHD revisited," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(3), pages 794-800, May.
- Bradbury, Bruce, 2006. "The impact of young motherhood on education, employment and marriage," MPRA Paper 1419, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Geronimus, Arline T & Korenman, Sanders, 1992. "The Socioeconomic Consequences of Teen Childbearing Reconsidered," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 107(4), pages 1187-214, November.
- Miller, Paul & Mulvey, Charles & Martin, Nick, 2006. "The return to schooling: Estimates from a sample of young Australian twins," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 13(5), pages 571-587, October.
- Webbink, Dinand & Martin, Nicholas G. & Visscher, Peter M., 2008. "Does teenage childbearing increase smoking, drinking and body size?," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(4), pages 888-903, July.
- repec:spr:jopoec:v:25:y:2011:i:1:p:201-218 is not listed on IDEAS
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.