Economics & Human Biology
Contact information of Elsevier:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/622964
Download restrictions: Full text for ScienceDirect subscribers only
Additional information is available for the following
registered editor(s): John H. Komlos
For corrections or technical questions regarding this series, please contact (Wendy Shamier)
Series handle: repec:eee:ehbiol
Citations RSS feed: at CitEc
Impact factors: Simple, Recursive, Discounted, Recursive discounted, H-Index, Aggregate
Access and download statistics
Top item: By citations. By downloads (last 12 months).
2013, Volume 11, Issue 4
- 405-415 Bayesian modeling of the evolution of male height in 18th century Finland from incomplete data
by Penttinen, Antti & Moltchanova, Elena & Nummela, Ilkka
- 416-425 Anthropometric measurements by ethnicity in Colombia, 1965–1990
by Acosta, Karina & Meisel, Adolfo
- 426-432 Height in mid childhood and psychosocial competencies in late childhood: Evidence from four developing countries
by Dercon, Stefan & Sánchez, Alan
- 433-435 Wealthier Jews, taller Gentiles: Inequality of income and physical stature in fin-de-siècle Hungary
by Bolgár, Dániel
- 436-452 The influence of inequality on the standard of living: Worldwide anthropometric evidence from the 19th and 20th centuries
by Blum, Matthias
- 453-464 The biological standard of living and mortality in Central Italy at the beginning of the 19th century
by Coppola, Michela
- 465-473 Height, socioeconomic status and marriage in Italy around 1900
by Manfredini, Matteo & Breschi, Marco & Fornasin, Alessio & Seghieri, Chiara
- 474-487 Identifying the intergenerational effects of the 1959–1961 Chinese Great Leap Forward Famine on infant mortality
by Song, Shige
- 488-501 Stature, migration and human welfare in South China, 1850–1930
by Ward, W. Peter
- 502-514 In urban South Africa, 16 year old adolescents experience greater health equality than children
by Griffiths, Paula L. & Johnson, William & Cameron, Noël & Pettifor, John M. & Norris, Shane A.
- 515-521 The allometry of metabolism and stature: Worker fatigue and height in the Tanzanian labor market
by Price, Gregory N.
- 522-533 Body mass index, waist circumference and employment: Evidence from older Irish adults
by Mosca, Irene
- 534-544 An investigation into the effect of type I and type II diabetes duration on employment and wages
by Minor, Travis
- 545-550 The lunar cycle, sunspots and the frequency of births in Germany, 1920–1989
by Bauer, Thomas K. & Bender, Stefan & Heining, Jörg & Schmidt, Christoph M.
- 551-562 Stature, body mass, and brain size: A two-million-year odyssey
by Gallagher, Andrew
- 563-573 Dual burden households and intra-household nutritional inequality in Indonesia
by Roemling, Cornelia & Qaim, Matin
- 574-591 Can adherence to dietary guidelines address excess caloric intake? An empirical assessment for the UK
by Srinivasan, C.S.
2013, Volume 11, Issue 3
- 245-258 The height gap in 19th-century America: Net-nutritional advantage of the elite increased at the onset of modern economic growth
by Sunder, Marco
- 259-268 Pitirim A. Sorokin's early contributions to the development of anthropometric history
by Coclanis, Peter A.
- 269-280 Was what ail’d ya what kill’d ya?
by Fogel, Robert W. & Cain, Louis & Burton, Joseph & Bettenhausen, Brian
- 281-293 Fetal and infant origins of diabetes and ill health: Evidence from Puerto Rico's 1928 and 1932 hurricanes
by Sotomayor, Orlando
- 294-309 Urban–rural disparities of child health and nutritional status in China from 1989 to 2006
by Liu, Hong & Fang, Hai & Zhao, Zhong
- 310-325 Early education and health outcomes of a 2001 U.S. Birth Cohort
by Belfield, Clive R. & Kelly, Inas Rashad
- 326-336 Age trends in prevalence of cardiovascular risk factors in Roma minority population of Croatia
by Zeljko, Hrvojka Marija & Škarić-Jurić, Tatjana & Narančić, Nina Smolej & Barešić, Ana & Tomas, Željka & Petranović, Matea Zajc & Miličić, Jasna & Salihović, Marijana Peričić & Janićijević, Branka
- 337-344 Absolute wealth and world region strongly predict overweight among women (ages 18–49) in 360 populations across 36 developing countries
by Hruschka, Daniel J. & Brewis, Alexandra A.
- 345-350 Intercontinental differences in overweight of adopted Koreans in the United States and Europe
by Ulijaszek, Stanley & Schwekendiek, Daniel
- 351-359 Associations of mortality with own height using son's height as an instrumental variable
by Carslake, David & Fraser, Abigail & Davey Smith, George & May, Margaret & Palmer, Tom & Sterne, Jonathan & Silventoinen, Karri & Tynelius, Per & Lawlor, Debbie A. & Rasmussen, Finn
- 360-370 The Jewish Advantage and Household Security: Life Expectancy among 19th Century Sephardim of Gibraltar
by Sawchuk, Lawrence A. & Tripp, Lianne & Melnychenko, Ulianna
- 371-381 Maternal bereavement: The heightened mortality of mothers after the death of a child
by Espinosa, Javier & Evans, William N.
- 382-390 Why pigs are important in Papua? Wealth, height and reproductive success among the Yali tribe of West Papua
by Sorokowski, Piotr & Sorokowska, Agnieszka & Danel, Dariusz P.
- 391-400 Sibling composition during childhood and adult blood pressure among native Amazonians in Bolivia
by Zeng, Wu & Undurraga, Eduardo A. & Nyberg, Colleen & Eisenberg, Dan T.A. & Parida, Sabita & Zycherman, Ariela & Magvanjav, Oyunbileg & Reyes-García, Victoria & Tanner, Susan & Godoy, Ricardo
2013, Volume 11, Issue 2
- 121-133 Fat chance! Obesity and the transition from unemployment to employment
by Caliendo, Marco & Lee, Wang-Sheng
- 134-147 Fast food prices, obesity, and the minimum wage
by Cotti, Chad & Tefft, Nathan
- 148-163 Catching up from early nutritional deficits? Evidence from rural Ethiopia
by Outes, Ingo & Porter, Catherine
- 164-177 Combining insights from quantile and ordinal regression: Child malnutrition in Guatemala
by Sweeney, Stuart & Davenport, Frank & Grace, Kathryn
- 178-184 The association of adolescent socioeconomic position and adult height: Variation across racial/ethnic groups
by Richmond, Tracy K. & Walls, Courtney E. & Subramanian, S.V.
- 185-196 Associations between household income, height, and BMI in contemporary US schoolchildren
by Murasko, Jason E.
- 197-200 The association between adolescent height and student school satisfaction: Recent evidence from Catalonia
by Mora, Toni
- 201-205 Interpreting estimates of heritability – A note on the twin decomposition
by Stenberg, Anders
- 206-220 Crisis-induced depression, physical activity and dietary intake among young adults: Evidence from the 9/11 terrorist attacks
by Wang, Yang & Yang, Muzhe
- 221-226 The timing of sexual maturation among boys and girls in eastern Poland, 1980–2000: A rural–urban comparison
by Popławska, Helena & Wilczewski, Adam & Dmitruk, Agnieszka & Hołub, Wojciech
- 227-235 Adult obesity: Panel study from native Amazonians
by Zeng, Wu & Eisenberg, Dan T.A. & Jovel, Karla Rubio & Undurraga, Eduardo A. & Nyberg, Colleen & Tanner, Susan & Reyes-García, Victoria & Leonard, William R. & Castaño, Juliana & Huanca, Tomás & McDade, Thomas W. & Godoy, Ricardo
- 236-244 Symmetry of the face in old age reflects childhood social status
by Hope, David & Bates, Timothy & Penke, Lars & Gow, Alan J. & Starr, John M. & Deary, Ian J.
2013, Volume 11, Issue 1
- 1-7 Immigrants’ acculturation and changes in Body Mass Index
by Iversen, Tor & Ma, Ching-to Albert & Meyer, Haakon E.
- 8-17 The association of obesity with the likelihood of arrest for young adults
by Kalist, David E. & Siahaan, Freddy
- 18-29 Effects of the built environment on childhood obesity: The case of urban recreational trails and crime
by Sandy, Robert & Tchernis, Rusty & Wilson, Jeffrey & Liu, Gilbert & Zhou, Xilin
- 30-41 The relationship between height and neighborhood context across racial/ethnic groups: A multi-level analysis of the 1999–2004 U.S. National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey
by Do, D. Phuong & Watkins, Daphne C. & Hiermeyer, Martin & Finch, Brian K.
- 42-55 The effect of low birth weight on height, weight and behavioral outcomes in the medium-run
by Datta Gupta, Nabanita & Deding, Mette & Lausten, Mette
- 56-68 Birthweight outcomes in Bolivia: The role of maternal height, ethnicity, and behavior
by Delajara, Marcelo & Wendelspiess Chávez Juárez, Florian
- 69-77 Ladies from Hell, Aberdeen Free Gardeners, and the Russian influenza: An anthropometric analysis of WWI-era Scottish soldiers and civilians
by Riggs, Paul & Cuff, Timothy
- 78-89 Indonesian regional welfare development, 1900–1990: New anthropometric evidence
by Foldvari, Peter & van Leeuwen, Bas & Marks, Daan & Gall, Jozsef
- 90-94 Body mass, wealth, and inequality in the 19th century: Joining the debate surrounding equality and health
by Carson, Scott Alan
- 95-107 Food prices and blood cholesterol
by Rahkovsky, Ilya & Gregory, Christian A.
- 108-112 Iron status, malaria parasite loads and food policies: Evidence from sub-Saharan Africa
by Bhargava, Alok
2012, Volume 10, Issue 4
- 333-339 Within-family variation in obesity
by Price, Joseph & Swigert, Jeffrey
- 340-351 Parental employment, family routines and childhood obesity
by Anderson, Patricia M.
- 352-364 Maternal employment and childhood obesity: A search for mechanisms in time use data
by Cawley, John & Liu, Feng
- 365-374 Family mealtimes: A contextual approach to understanding childhood obesity
by Fiese, Barbara H. & Hammons, Amber & Grigsby-Toussaint, Diana
- 375-384 Obesity, family instability, and socioemotional health in adolescence
by Crosnoe, Robert
- 385-394 Adolescent obesity and life satisfaction: Perceptions of self, peers, family, and school
by Forste, Renata & Moore, Erin
- 395-404 The relationship between body mass index and unhealthy weight control behaviors among adolescents: The role of family and peer social support
by Vander Wal, Jillon S.
- 405-418 The effect of fat mass on educational attainment: Examining the sensitivity to different identification strategies
by von Hinke Kessler Scholder, Stephanie & Davey Smith, George & Lawlor, Debbie A. & Propper, Carol & Windmeijer, Frank
- 419-430 The psychological consequences of weight change trajectories: Evidence from quantitative and qualitative data
by Carr, Deborah & Jaffe, Karen
- 431-453 Marriage, gender and obesity in later life
by Wilson, Sven E.
2012, Volume 10, Issue 3
- 221-231 Undernutrition, subsequent risk of mortality and civil war in Burundi
by Verwimp, Philip
- 232-241 Socioeconomic disparities and the familial coexistence of child stunting and maternal overweight in guatemala
by Lee, Jounghee & Houser, Robert F. & Must, Aviva & de Fulladolsa, Patricia Palma & Bermudez, Odilia I.
- 242-255 Mental health and employment: The SAD story
by Tefft, Nathan
- 256-263 Weight and earnings among childbearing women in Metropolitan Cebu, Philippines (1983–2002)
by Colchero, M. Arantxa & Bishai, David
- 264-275 The evolution of adult height across Spanish regions, 1950–1980: A new source of data
by Quintana-Domeque, Climent & Bozzoli, Carlos & Bosch, Mariano
- 276-288 The health transition and biological living standards: Adult height and mortality in 20th-century Spain
by Spijker, Jeroen J.A. & Cámara, Antonio D. & Blanes, Amand
- 289-298 Height and subjective well-being in Italy
by Carrieri, Vincenzo & De Paola, Maria
- 299-309 Dairy products and physical stature: A systematic review and meta-analysis of controlled trials
by de Beer, Hans
- 310-317 Secular changes in the height of Polish schoolboys from 1955 to 1988
by Bielecki, Emily M. & Haas, Jere D. & Hulanicka, Barbara
- 318-328 Valuing mother and child health: The intrauterine environment
by Nastis, Stefanos A. & Crocker, Thomas D.
2012, Volume 10, Issue 2
- 113-126 Smoking and body weight: Evidence using genetic instruments
by Wehby, George L. & Murray, Jeffrey C. & Wilcox, Allen & Lie, Rolv T.
- 127-138 Future direct and indirect costs of obesity and the influence of gaining weight: Results from the MONICA/KORA cohort studies, 1995–2005
by Wolfenstetter, S.B.
- 139-146 The declining prevalence of overweight among Russian children: Income, diet, and physical activity behavior changes
by Jahns, Lisa & Adair, Linda & Mroz, Thomas & Popkin, Barry M.
- 147-153 Economic growth and obesity: An interesting relationship with world-wide implications
by Egger, Garry & Swinburn, Boyd & Amirul Islam, F.M.
- 154-173 Social inequality and the biological standard of living: An anthropometric analysis of Swiss conscription data, 1875–1950
by Schoch, Tobias & Staub, Kaspar & Pfister, Christian
- 174-188 Differences in nutritional outcomes between Brazilian white and black children
by Reis, Mauricio
- 189-209 The role of parental investments for cognitive and noncognitive skill formation—Evidence for the first 11 years of life
by Coneus, Katja & Laucht, Manfred & Reuß, Karsten
- 210-219 Height and cognitive achievement among Indian children
by Spears, Dean
2012, Volume 10, Issue 1
- 1-13 The effect of fast-food availability on fast-food consumption and obesity among rural residents: An analysis by race/ethnicity
by Dunn, Richard A. & Sharkey, Joseph R. & Horel, Scott
- 14-19 Body weight and wages: Evidence from Add Health
by Sabia, Joseph J. & Rees, Daniel I.
- 20-34 The influence of body weight on social network ties among adolescents
by Ali, Mir M. & Amialchuk, Aliaksandr & Rizzo, John A.
- 35-42 Obesity and diabetes, the built environment, and the ‘local’ food economy in the United States, 2007
by Salois, Matthew J.
- 43-53 Height and death in the Antebellum United States: A view through the lens of geographically weighted regression
by Yoo, Dongwoo
- 54-73 Climate variability and child height in rural Mexico
by Skoufias, Emmanuel & Vinha, Katja
- 74-88 Disability incidence and official health status transitions in Russia
by Becker, Charles M. & Merkuryeva, Irina S.
- 89-97 The intergenerational transmission of health in early childhood—Evidence from the German Socio-Economic Panel Study
by Coneus, Katja & Spiess, C. Katharina
- 98-111 Cognitive disparities, lead plumbing, and water chemistry: Prior exposure to water-borne lead and intelligence test scores among World War Two U.S. Army enlistees
by Ferrie, Joseph P. & Rolf, Karen & Troesken, Werner
2011, Volume 9, Issue 4
- 329-341 Measuring weight outcomes for obesity intervention strategies: The case of a sugar-sweetened beverage tax
by Lin, Biing-Hwan & Smith, Travis A. & Lee, Jonq-Ying & Hall, Kevin D.
- 342-355 Overweight and poor? On the relationship between income and the body mass index
by Jolliffe, Dean
- 356-363 Fat, muscles, and wages
by Bozoyan, Christiane & Wolbring, Tobias
- 364-380 Does access to fast food lead to super-sized pregnant women and whopper babies?
by Lhila, Aparna
- 381-392 Direct and indirect effects of body weight on adult wages
by Han, Euna & Norton, Edward C. & Powell, Lisa M.
- 393-406 Tall claims: Mortality selection and the height of children in India
by Alderman, Harold & Lokshin, Michael & Radyakin, Sergiy
- 407-418 Why does height matter for educational attainment? Evidence from German children
by Cinnirella, Francesco & Piopiunik, Marc & Winter, Joachim
- 419-437 Comparing population distributions from bin-aggregated sample data: An application to historical height data from France
by Duclos, Jean-Yves & Leblanc, Josée & Sahn, David E.
- 438-442 Edouard Mallet's early and almost forgotten study of the average height of Genevan conscripts in 1835
by Staub, Kaspar & Rühli, Frank J. & Bogin, Barry & Woitek, Ulrich & Pfister, Christian
- 443-451 Is population growth conducive to the sustainability of cooperation?
by Stark, Oded & Jakubek, Marcin
2011, Volume 9, Issue 3
- 221-233 Exposure to food advertising on television: Associations with children's fast food and soft drink consumption and obesity
by Andreyeva, Tatiana & Kelly, Inas Rashad & Harris, Jennifer L.
- 234-250 The trend of BMI values of US adults by deciles, birth cohorts 1882-1986 stratified by gender and ethnicity
by Komlos, John & Brabec, Marek
- 251-264 Early-life environment, height and BMI of young men in Italy
by Peracchi, Franco & Arcaleni, Emilia
- 265-271 Physical stature of men in eighteenth century Mexico: Evidence from Puebla
by Grajales-Porras, Agustín & López-Alonso, Moramay
- 272-276 Socio-economic status and z-score standardized height-for-age of U.S.-born children (ages 2-6)
by Finch, Brian Karl & Beck, Audrey N.
- 277-283 Anthropometric history of the French Revolution in the Province of Orleans
by Schubert, Hermann
- 284-301 Stature and robusticity during the agricultural transition: Evidence from the bioarchaeological record
by Mummert, Amanda & Esche, Emily & Robinson, Joshua & Armelagos, George J.
- 302-315 Relative weight-related costs of healthcare use by children--Results from the two German birth cohorts, GINI-plus and LISA-plus
by Breitfelder, Ariane & Wenig, Christina M. & Wolfenstetter, Silke B. & Rzehak, Peter & Menn, Petra & John, Jürgen & Leidl, Reiner & Bauer, Carl Peter & Koletzko, Sibylle & Röder, Stefan & Herbarth, Olf & von Berg, Andrea & Berdel, Dietrich & Krämer, Ursula & Schaaf, Beate & Wichmann, H.-Erich & Heinrich, Joachim
- 316-324 Willingness to pay for obesity prevention
by Fu, Tsu-Tan & Lin, Yih-Ming & Huang, Chung L.
- 325-328 Living Standards in Latin American History. Height, Welfare, and Development, 1750-2000, R.D. Salvatore, J.H. Coatsworth, A.E. Challú (Eds.), Harvard University Press and the David Rockefeller Center for Latin American Studies, Cambridge, Massachusetts, London (2010). 313 pp., by A.D. Cámara, ISBN: 978-0-674-05585-8
by Cámara, Antonio D.
2011, Volume 9, Issue 2
- 119-132 Peer effects and the Freshman 15: Evidence from a natural experiment
by Yakusheva, Olga & Kapinos, Kandice & Weiss, Marianne
- 133-147 How (much) do food prices contribute to obesity in Russia?
by Staudigel, Matthias
- 148-156 Do body weight and gender shape the work force? The case of Iceland
by Asgeirsdottir, Tinna Laufey
- 157-164 Height of female Americans in the 19th century and the antebellum puzzle
by Carson, Scott Alan
- 165-171 Upward and onward: High-society American women eluded the antebellum puzzle
by Sunder, Marco
- 172-183 Modeling the effects of physician emigration on human development
by Bhargava, Alok & Docquier, Frédéric & Moullan, Yasser
- 184-193 Patterns and trends of adult height in India in 2005-2006
by Perkins, Jessica M. & Khan, Kashif T. & Smith, George Davey & Subramanian, S.V.
- 194-202 Childhood circumstances and height among older adults in the United States
by Tucker-Seeley, Reginald D. & Subramanian, S.V.
- 203-210 The physical stature of Jewish men in Poland in the second half of the 19th century
by Kopczynski, Michal
- 211-219 Secular changes in the height of the inhabitants of Anatolia (Turkey) from the 10th millennium B.C. to the 20th century A.D
by Özer, Basak Koca & SagIr, Mehmet & Özer, Ismail
2011, Volume 9, Issue 1
- 1-13 Can Food Stamps help to reduce Medicare spending on diabetes?
by Nicholas, Lauren Hersch
- 14-22 Modeling the long term health outcomes and cost-effectiveness of two interventions promoting fruit and vegetable intake among schoolchildren
by te Velde, Saskia J. & Lennert Veerman, J. & Tak, Nannah I. & Bosmans, Judith E. & Klepp, Knut-Inge & Brug, Johannes
- 23-29 Patterns and correlates of adult height in Sri Lanka
by Ranasinghe, Priyanga & Jayawardana, M.A. Naveen A.A.D. & Constantine, Godwin R. & Sheriff, M.H. Rezvi & Matthews, David R. & Katulanda, Prasad
- 30-44 The relationship between height and economic development in Spain, 1850-1958
by María-Dolores, Ramón & Martínez-Carrión, José Miguel
- 45-55 Did African Americans experience the [`]Antebellum Puzzle'? Evidence from the United States Colored Troops during the Civil War
by Haines, Michael R. & Craig, Lee A. & Weiss, Thomas
- 56-65 Does prenatal healthcare improve child birthweight outcomes in Azerbaijan? Results of the national Demographic and Health Survey
by Habibov, Nazim N. & Fan, Lida
- 66-77 Effects and determinants of mild underweight among preschool children across countries and over time
by Bhagowalia, Priya & Chen, Susan E. & Masters, William A.
- 78-91 The determinants of misreporting weight and height: The role of social norms
by Gil, Joan & Mora, Toni
- 92-105 Why does the Great Chinese Famine affect the male and female survivors differently? Mortality selection versus son preference
by Mu, Ren & Zhang, Xiaobo
- 106-117 Waaler revisited: The anthropometrics of mortality
by Koch, Daniel
2010, Volume 8, Issue 3
- 295-296 Professor James Tanner (1920-2010)
by Floud, Roderick
- 297-308 Obesity under affluence varies by welfare regimes: The effect of fast food, insecurity, and inequality
by Offer, Avner & Pechey, Rachel & Ulijaszek, Stanley
- 309-319 Assessing the impact of obesity on labor market outcomes
by Lindeboom, Maarten & Lundborg, Petter & van der Klaauw, Bas
- 320-330 Nature, nurture and socioeconomic policy--What can we learn from molecular genetics?
by Lundborg, Petter & Stenberg, Anders
- 331-345 Child nutrition in Mozambique in 2003: The role of mother's schooling and nutrition knowledge
by Burchi, Francesco
- 346-360 Health and wealth in Uzbekistan and sub-Saharan Africa in comparative perspective
by Hohmann, Sophie & Garenne, Michel
- 361-372 Anthropometry of love: Height and gender asymmetries in interethnic marriages
by Belot, Michèle & Fidrmuc, Jan
- 373-384 Anthropometry and socioeconomics among couples: Evidence in the United States
by Oreffice, Sonia & Quintana-Domeque, Climent
- 385-395 The growth status of North Korean refugee children and adolescents from 6 to 19 years of age
by Pak, Sunyoung
- 396-404 Trends in the association between height and socioeconomic indicators in France, 1970-2003
by Singh-Manoux, Archana & Gourmelen, Julie & Ferrie, Jane & Silventoinen, Karri & Guéguen, Alice & Stringhini, Silvia & Nabi, Hermann & Kivimaki, Mika
- 405-413 Long run trends in the heights of European men, 19th-20th centuries
by Hatton, Timothy J. & Bray, Bernice E.
- 414-420 The relationship between physical work and the height premium: Finnish evidence
by Böckerman, Petri & Johansson, Edvard & Kiiskinen, Urpo & Heliövaara, Markku
- 421-422 Obesity among Poor Americans: Is Public Assistance the Problem? Patricia K. Smith. pp. 197. (Vanderbilt University Press, Nashville, Tennessee, 2009.), ISBN 978-0-8265-1636-7, paperback.
by Averett, Susan L.
2010, Volume 8, Issue 2
- 141-144 Latin American anthropometrics, past and present--An overview
by Baten, Jöerg & Carson, Scott
- 145-152 The seed of abundance and misery: Peruvian living standards from the early republican period to the end of the guano era (1820-1880)
by Twrdek, Linda & Manzel, Kerstin
- 153-158 Changes in stature, weight, and nutritional status with tourism-based economic development in the Yucatan
by Leatherman, Thomas L. & Goodman, Alan H. & Stillman, Tobias
- 159-167 Property rights and chronic diseases: Evidence from a natural experiment in Montevideo, Uruguay 1990-2006
by Gandelman, Néstor
- 168-176 Height, education and later-life cognition in Latin America and the Caribbean
by Maurer, Jürgen
- 177-187 Community well-being and growth status of indigenous school children in rural Oaxaca, southern Mexico
by Reyes, Maria Eugenia Peña & Chavez, Guillermo Bali & Little, Bertis B. & Malina, Robert M.
- 188-196 Disentangling nutritional factors and household characteristics related to child stunting and maternal overweight in Guatemala
by Lee, Jounghee & Houser, Robert F. & Must, Aviva & de Fulladolsa, Patricia Palma & Bermudez, Odilia I.
- 197-211 The impact of altitude on infant health in South America
by Wehby, George L. & Castilla, Eduardo E. & Lopez-Camelo, Jorge
- 212-222 Why are Mexican American boys so much taller now?
by Delajara, Marcelo & Rodríguez-Segura, Melissa
- 223-232 Labour market outcomes for people with a spinal cord injury
by Rowell, David & Connelly, Luke
- 233-241 Brainstorm: Occupational choice, bipolar illness and creativity
by Tremblay, Carol Horton & Grosskopf, Shawna & Yang, Ke
- 242-254 Body composition and wages
by Wada, Roy & Tekin, Erdal
- 255-260 The negative health consequences of unemployment: The case of Poland
by Koziel, Slawomir & Lopuszanska, Monika & Szklarska, Alicja & Lipowicz, Anna
- 261-272 The economics of race and eugenic sterilization in North Carolina: 1958-1968
by Price, Gregory N. & Darity Jr., William A.
- 273-288 Health trends in Sub-Saharan Africa: Conflicting evidence from infant mortality rates and adult heights
by Akachi, Yoko & Canning, David
- 289-290 Charlemagne was very tall, but not robust
by Rühli, Frank J. & Blümich, Bernhard & Henneberg, Maciej
- 291-293 Height, weight and body mass index values of mid-19th century New York legislative officers
by Bodenhorn, Howard
2010, Volume 8, Issue 1
- 1-1 Welcome John Cawley
by Komlos, John
- 2-15 Incentives, time use and BMI: The roles of eating, grazing and goods
by Hamermesh, Daniel S.
- 16-29 Nutritional status and economic development in sub-Saharan Africa, 1950-1980
by Moradi, Alexander
- 30-43 Measures of the intergenerational transmission of body mass index between mothers and their children in the United States, 1981-2004
by Classen, Timothy J.
- 44-57 Fat and out in Salerno and its province: Adolescent obesity and early school leaving in Southern Italy
by Barone, Adriana & O'Higgins, Niall
- 58-66 The recent decline in the height of African-American women
by Komlos, John
- 67-79 Taller - Healthier - more equal? The biological standard of living in Switzerland in the second half of the 20th century
by Kues, Arne Benjamin
- 80-87 The economic and nutrition transition in Equatorial Guinea coincided with a double burden of over- and under nutrition
by Custodio, Estefanía & Descalzo, Miguel Ángel & Roche, Jesús & Molina, Laura & Sánchez, Ignacio & Lwanga, Magdalena & Torres, Alberto Manuel & Fernández-Zincke, Eduardo & Bernis, Cristina & Villamor, Eduardo & Baylin, Ana
- 88-99 Why no adult stunting penalty or height premium?: Estimates from native Amazonians in Bolivia
by Godoy, Ricardo & Magvanjav, Oyunbileg & Nyberg, Colleen & Eisenberg, Dan T.A. & McDade, Thomas W. & Leonard, William R. & Reyes-García, Victoria & Huanca, Tomás & Tanner, Susan & Gravlee, Clarence
- 100-110 Nutritional status and socioeconomic change among Toba and Wichí populations of the Argentinean Chaco
by Valeggia, Claudia R. & Burke, Kevin M. & Fernandez-Duque, Eduardo
- 111-120 Secular trends in social class differences of height, weight and BMI of boys from two schools in Lisbon, Portugal (1910-2000)
by Cardoso, Hugo F.V. & Caninas, Madalena
- 121-126 Height and body mass index values of nineteenth-century New York legislators
by Bodenhorn, Howard
- 127-133 The height and BMI values of West Point cadets after the Civil War
by Hiermeyer, Martin
- 134-137 Infant mortality decline in Armenia: Why with uneven rates?
by Hakobyan, Mihran & Yepiskoposyan, Levon
- 138-139 Francis E. Johnston and Ira Harkavy, The Obesity Culture: Strategies for Change , Smith-Gordon (2009) $37.50, 164 pp.,ISBN 978-1-85463-225-8
by Schell, Lawrence M.
2009, Volume 7, Issue 3
- 271-282 Sex differences in obesity rates in poor countries: Evidence from South Africa
by Case, Anne & Menendez, Alicia
- 283-293 The growth of obesity and technological change
by Lakdawalla, Darius & Philipson, Tomas
- 294-306 Genetics of human height
by McEvoy, Brian P. & Visscher, Peter M.
- 307-318 The timing of the rise in U.S. obesity varies with measure of fatness
by Burkhauser, Richard V. & Cawley, John & Schmeiser, Maximilian D.
- 319-333 The anthropometric history of Argentina, Brazil and Peru during the 19th and early 20th century
by Baten, Joerg & Pelger, Ines & Twrdek, Linda
- 334-350 Does smoking affect body weight and obesity in China?
by Fang, Hai & Ali, Mir M. & Rizzo, John A.
- 351-365 Decomposing body mass index gaps between Mediterranean countries: A counterfactual quantile regression analysis
by Costa-Font, Joan & Fabbri, Daniele & Gil, Joan
- 366-375 Height and BMI values of German conscripts in 2000, 2001 and 1906
by Hiermeyer, Martin
- 376-386 Socioeconomic status, height, and obesity in children
by Murasko, Jason E.
- 387-397 Childhood overweight in the United States: A quantile regression approach
by Stifel, David C. & Averett, Susan L.
- 398-404 Evolution of obesity by social status in France, 1981-2003
by de Saint Pol, Thibaut
- 405-406 Secular trend in height in Al Ain-United Arab Emirates
by Baynouna, Latifa Mohammad & Revel, Anthony D. & Nagelkerke, Nico J.D. & Jaber, Tariq M. & Omar, Aziza O. & Ahmed, Nader M. & Naziruldeen, Mohammad K. & Al Sayed, Mamdouh F. & Nour, Fuad A. & Abdouni, Sameh
- 407-407 H. Schutkowski, Editor, Between Biology and Culture, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge (2008) pp. xiÂ +Â 310 incl. index, ISBN: 978-0-521-85936-3
by Steegman Jr., A. Theodore
2009, Volume 7, Issue 2
- 133-136 Life at the top: The benefits of height
by Deaton, Angus & Arora, Raksha
- 137-152 Height, wealth, and health: An overview with new data from three longitudinal studies
by Batty, G. David & Shipley, Martin J. & Gunnell, David & Huxley, Rachel & Kivimaki, Mika & Woodward, Mark & Lee, Crystal Man Ying & Smith, George Davey
- 153-164 Obesity and labor market outcomes among legal immigrants to the United States from developing countries
by Cawley, John & Han, Euna & Norton, Edward C.
- 165-180 Protein supply and nutritional status in nineteenth century Bavaria, Prussia and France
by Baten, Joerg
- 181-190 Weight gain in adolescents and their peers
by Halliday, Timothy J. & Kwak, Sally
- 191-199 The nonlinear link between height and wages in Germany, 1985-2004
by Hübler, Olaf
- 200-216 Urbanization and the spread of diseases of affluence in China
by Van de Poel, Ellen & O'Donnell, Owen & Van Doorslaer, Eddy
- 217-228 A head above the rest: Height and adolescent psychological well-being
by Rees, Daniel I. & Sabia, Joseph J. & Argys, Laura M.
- 229-237 The social gradient in health: The effect of absolute income and subjective social status assessment on the individual's health in Europe
by Theodossiou, I. & Zangelidis, A.
- 238-245 Growing up under generalized violence: An ecological study of homicide rates and secular trends in age at menarche in Colombia, 1940s-1980s
by Villamor, Eduardo & Chavarro, Jorge E. & Caro, Luis E.
- 246-258 Does the U.S. Food Stamp Program contribute to adult weight gain?
by Zagorsky, Jay L. & Smith, Patricia K.