Economics & Human Biology
Contact information of Elsevier:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/622964
Download restrictions: Full text for ScienceDirect subscribers only
Additional information is available for the following
registered editor(s): John H. Komlos
For corrections or technical questions regarding this series, please contact (Wendy Shamier)
Series handle: repec:eee:ehbiol
Citations RSS feed: at CitEc
Impact factors: Simple, Recursive, Discounted, Recursive discounted, H-Index, Aggregate
Access and download statistics
Top item: By citations. By downloads (last 12 months).
More pages of listings: 0| 1
2013, Volume 11, Issue 1
- 1-7 Immigrants’ acculturation and changes in Body Mass Index
by Iversen, Tor & Ma, Ching-to Albert & Meyer, Haakon E.
- 8-17 The association of obesity with the likelihood of arrest for young adults
by Kalist, David E. & Siahaan, Freddy
- 18-29 Effects of the built environment on childhood obesity: The case of urban recreational trails and crime
by Sandy, Robert & Tchernis, Rusty & Wilson, Jeffrey & Liu, Gilbert & Zhou, Xilin
- 30-41 The relationship between height and neighborhood context across racial/ethnic groups: A multi-level analysis of the 1999–2004 U.S. National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey
by Do, D. Phuong & Watkins, Daphne C. & Hiermeyer, Martin & Finch, Brian K.
- 42-55 The effect of low birth weight on height, weight and behavioral outcomes in the medium-run
by Datta Gupta, Nabanita & Deding, Mette & Lausten, Mette
- 56-68 Birthweight outcomes in Bolivia: The role of maternal height, ethnicity, and behavior
by Delajara, Marcelo & Wendelspiess Chávez Juárez, Florian
- 69-77 Ladies from Hell, Aberdeen Free Gardeners, and the Russian influenza: An anthropometric analysis of WWI-era Scottish soldiers and civilians
by Riggs, Paul & Cuff, Timothy
- 78-89 Indonesian regional welfare development, 1900–1990: New anthropometric evidence
by Foldvari, Peter & van Leeuwen, Bas & Marks, Daan & Gall, Jozsef
- 90-94 Body mass, wealth, and inequality in the 19th century: Joining the debate surrounding equality and health
by Carson, Scott Alan
- 95-107 Food prices and blood cholesterol
by Rahkovsky, Ilya & Gregory, Christian A.
- 108-112 Iron status, malaria parasite loads and food policies: Evidence from sub-Saharan Africa
by Bhargava, Alok
2012, Volume 10, Issue 4
- 333-339 Within-family variation in obesity
by Price, Joseph & Swigert, Jeffrey
- 340-351 Parental employment, family routines and childhood obesity
by Anderson, Patricia M.
- 352-364 Maternal employment and childhood obesity: A search for mechanisms in time use data
by Cawley, John & Liu, Feng
- 365-374 Family mealtimes: A contextual approach to understanding childhood obesity
by Fiese, Barbara H. & Hammons, Amber & Grigsby-Toussaint, Diana
- 375-384 Obesity, family instability, and socioemotional health in adolescence
by Crosnoe, Robert
- 385-394 Adolescent obesity and life satisfaction: Perceptions of self, peers, family, and school
by Forste, Renata & Moore, Erin
- 395-404 The relationship between body mass index and unhealthy weight control behaviors among adolescents: The role of family and peer social support
by Vander Wal, Jillon S.
- 405-418 The effect of fat mass on educational attainment: Examining the sensitivity to different identification strategies
by von Hinke Kessler Scholder, Stephanie & Davey Smith, George & Lawlor, Debbie A. & Propper, Carol & Windmeijer, Frank
- 419-430 The psychological consequences of weight change trajectories: Evidence from quantitative and qualitative data
by Carr, Deborah & Jaffe, Karen
- 431-453 Marriage, gender and obesity in later life
by Wilson, Sven E.
2012, Volume 10, Issue 3
- 221-231 Undernutrition, subsequent risk of mortality and civil war in Burundi
by Verwimp, Philip
- 232-241 Socioeconomic disparities and the familial coexistence of child stunting and maternal overweight in guatemala
by Lee, Jounghee & Houser, Robert F. & Must, Aviva & de Fulladolsa, Patricia Palma & Bermudez, Odilia I.
- 242-255 Mental health and employment: The SAD story
by Tefft, Nathan
- 256-263 Weight and earnings among childbearing women in Metropolitan Cebu, Philippines (1983–2002)
by Colchero, M. Arantxa & Bishai, David
- 264-275 The evolution of adult height across Spanish regions, 1950–1980: A new source of data
by Quintana-Domeque, Climent & Bozzoli, Carlos & Bosch, Mariano
- 276-288 The health transition and biological living standards: Adult height and mortality in 20th-century Spain
by Spijker, Jeroen J.A. & Cámara, Antonio D. & Blanes, Amand
- 289-298 Height and subjective well-being in Italy
by Carrieri, Vincenzo & De Paola, Maria
- 299-309 Dairy products and physical stature: A systematic review and meta-analysis of controlled trials
by de Beer, Hans
- 310-317 Secular changes in the height of Polish schoolboys from 1955 to 1988
by Bielecki, Emily M. & Haas, Jere D. & Hulanicka, Barbara
- 318-328 Valuing mother and child health: The intrauterine environment
by Nastis, Stefanos A. & Crocker, Thomas D.
2012, Volume 10, Issue 2
- 113-126 Smoking and body weight: Evidence using genetic instruments
by Wehby, George L. & Murray, Jeffrey C. & Wilcox, Allen & Lie, Rolv T.
- 127-138 Future direct and indirect costs of obesity and the influence of gaining weight: Results from the MONICA/KORA cohort studies, 1995–2005
by Wolfenstetter, S.B.
- 139-146 The declining prevalence of overweight among Russian children: Income, diet, and physical activity behavior changes
by Jahns, Lisa & Adair, Linda & Mroz, Thomas & Popkin, Barry M.
- 147-153 Economic growth and obesity: An interesting relationship with world-wide implications
by Egger, Garry & Swinburn, Boyd & Amirul Islam, F.M.
- 154-173 Social inequality and the biological standard of living: An anthropometric analysis of Swiss conscription data, 1875–1950
by Schoch, Tobias & Staub, Kaspar & Pfister, Christian
- 174-188 Differences in nutritional outcomes between Brazilian white and black children
by Reis, Mauricio
- 189-209 The role of parental investments for cognitive and noncognitive skill formation—Evidence for the first 11 years of life
by Coneus, Katja & Laucht, Manfred & Reuß, Karsten
- 210-219 Height and cognitive achievement among Indian children
by Spears, Dean
2011, Volume 9, Issue 4
- 329-341 Measuring weight outcomes for obesity intervention strategies: The case of a sugar-sweetened beverage tax
by Lin, Biing-Hwan & Smith, Travis A. & Lee, Jonq-Ying & Hall, Kevin D.
- 342-355 Overweight and poor? On the relationship between income and the body mass index
by Jolliffe, Dean
- 356-363 Fat, muscles, and wages
by Bozoyan, Christiane & Wolbring, Tobias
- 364-380 Does access to fast food lead to super-sized pregnant women and whopper babies?
by Lhila, Aparna
- 381-392 Direct and indirect effects of body weight on adult wages
by Han, Euna & Norton, Edward C. & Powell, Lisa M.
- 393-406 Tall claims: Mortality selection and the height of children in India
by Alderman, Harold & Lokshin, Michael & Radyakin, Sergiy
- 407-418 Why does height matter for educational attainment? Evidence from German children
by Cinnirella, Francesco & Piopiunik, Marc & Winter, Joachim
- 419-437 Comparing population distributions from bin-aggregated sample data: An application to historical height data from France
by Duclos, Jean-Yves & Leblanc, Josée & Sahn, David E.
- 438-442 Edouard Mallet's early and almost forgotten study of the average height of Genevan conscripts in 1835
by Staub, Kaspar & Rühli, Frank J. & Bogin, Barry & Woitek, Ulrich & Pfister, Christian
- 443-451 Is population growth conducive to the sustainability of cooperation?
by Stark, Oded & Jakubek, Marcin
2011, Volume 9, Issue 3
- 221-233 Exposure to food advertising on television: Associations with children's fast food and soft drink consumption and obesity
by Andreyeva, Tatiana & Kelly, Inas Rashad & Harris, Jennifer L.
- 234-250 The trend of BMI values of US adults by deciles, birth cohorts 1882-1986 stratified by gender and ethnicity
by Komlos, John & Brabec, Marek
- 251-264 Early-life environment, height and BMI of young men in Italy
by Peracchi, Franco & Arcaleni, Emilia
- 265-271 Physical stature of men in eighteenth century Mexico: Evidence from Puebla
by Grajales-Porras, Agustín & López-Alonso, Moramay
- 272-276 Socio-economic status and z-score standardized height-for-age of U.S.-born children (ages 2-6)
by Finch, Brian Karl & Beck, Audrey N.
- 277-283 Anthropometric history of the French Revolution in the Province of Orleans
by Schubert, Hermann
- 284-301 Stature and robusticity during the agricultural transition: Evidence from the bioarchaeological record
by Mummert, Amanda & Esche, Emily & Robinson, Joshua & Armelagos, George J.
- 302-315 Relative weight-related costs of healthcare use by children--Results from the two German birth cohorts, GINI-plus and LISA-plus
by Breitfelder, Ariane & Wenig, Christina M. & Wolfenstetter, Silke B. & Rzehak, Peter & Menn, Petra & John, Jürgen & Leidl, Reiner & Bauer, Carl Peter & Koletzko, Sibylle & Röder, Stefan & Herbarth, Olf & von Berg, Andrea & Berdel, Dietrich & Krämer, Ursula & Schaaf, Beate & Wichmann, H.-Erich & Heinrich, Joachim
- 316-324 Willingness to pay for obesity prevention
by Fu, Tsu-Tan & Lin, Yih-Ming & Huang, Chung L.
- 325-328 Living Standards in Latin American History. Height, Welfare, and Development, 1750-2000, R.D. Salvatore, J.H. Coatsworth, A.E. Challú (Eds.), Harvard University Press and the David Rockefeller Center for Latin American Studies, Cambridge, Massachusetts, London (2010). 313 pp., by A.D. Cámara, ISBN: 978-0-674-05585-8
by Cámara, Antonio D.
2011, Volume 9, Issue 2
- 119-132 Peer effects and the Freshman 15: Evidence from a natural experiment
by Yakusheva, Olga & Kapinos, Kandice & Weiss, Marianne
- 133-147 How (much) do food prices contribute to obesity in Russia?
by Staudigel, Matthias
- 148-156 Do body weight and gender shape the work force? The case of Iceland
by Asgeirsdottir, Tinna Laufey
- 157-164 Height of female Americans in the 19th century and the antebellum puzzle
by Carson, Scott Alan
- 165-171 Upward and onward: High-society American women eluded the antebellum puzzle
by Sunder, Marco
- 172-183 Modeling the effects of physician emigration on human development
by Bhargava, Alok & Docquier, Frédéric & Moullan, Yasser
- 184-193 Patterns and trends of adult height in India in 2005-2006
by Perkins, Jessica M. & Khan, Kashif T. & Smith, George Davey & Subramanian, S.V.
- 194-202 Childhood circumstances and height among older adults in the United States
by Tucker-Seeley, Reginald D. & Subramanian, S.V.
- 203-210 The physical stature of Jewish men in Poland in the second half of the 19th century
by Kopczynski, Michal
- 211-219 Secular changes in the height of the inhabitants of Anatolia (Turkey) from the 10th millennium B.C. to the 20th century A.D
by Özer, Basak Koca & SagIr, Mehmet & Özer, Ismail
2011, Volume 9, Issue 1
- 1-13 Can Food Stamps help to reduce Medicare spending on diabetes?
by Nicholas, Lauren Hersch
- 14-22 Modeling the long term health outcomes and cost-effectiveness of two interventions promoting fruit and vegetable intake among schoolchildren
by te Velde, Saskia J. & Lennert Veerman, J. & Tak, Nannah I. & Bosmans, Judith E. & Klepp, Knut-Inge & Brug, Johannes
- 23-29 Patterns and correlates of adult height in Sri Lanka
by Ranasinghe, Priyanga & Jayawardana, M.A. Naveen A.A.D. & Constantine, Godwin R. & Sheriff, M.H. Rezvi & Matthews, David R. & Katulanda, Prasad
- 30-44 The relationship between height and economic development in Spain, 1850-1958
by María-Dolores, Ramón & Martínez-Carrión, José Miguel
- 45-55 Did African Americans experience the [`]Antebellum Puzzle'? Evidence from the United States Colored Troops during the Civil War
by Haines, Michael R. & Craig, Lee A. & Weiss, Thomas
- 56-65 Does prenatal healthcare improve child birthweight outcomes in Azerbaijan? Results of the national Demographic and Health Survey
by Habibov, Nazim N. & Fan, Lida
- 66-77 Effects and determinants of mild underweight among preschool children across countries and over time
by Bhagowalia, Priya & Chen, Susan E. & Masters, William A.
- 78-91 The determinants of misreporting weight and height: The role of social norms
by Gil, Joan & Mora, Toni
- 92-105 Why does the Great Chinese Famine affect the male and female survivors differently? Mortality selection versus son preference
by Mu, Ren & Zhang, Xiaobo
- 106-117 Waaler revisited: The anthropometrics of mortality
by Koch, Daniel
2010, Volume 8, Issue 3
- 295-296 Professor James Tanner (1920-2010)
by Floud, Roderick
- 297-308 Obesity under affluence varies by welfare regimes: The effect of fast food, insecurity, and inequality
by Offer, Avner & Pechey, Rachel & Ulijaszek, Stanley
- 309-319 Assessing the impact of obesity on labor market outcomes
by Lindeboom, Maarten & Lundborg, Petter & van der Klaauw, Bas
- 320-330 Nature, nurture and socioeconomic policy--What can we learn from molecular genetics?
by Lundborg, Petter & Stenberg, Anders
- 331-345 Child nutrition in Mozambique in 2003: The role of mother's schooling and nutrition knowledge
by Burchi, Francesco
- 346-360 Health and wealth in Uzbekistan and sub-Saharan Africa in comparative perspective
by Hohmann, Sophie & Garenne, Michel
- 361-372 Anthropometry of love: Height and gender asymmetries in interethnic marriages
by Belot, Michèle & Fidrmuc, Jan
- 373-384 Anthropometry and socioeconomics among couples: Evidence in the United States
by Oreffice, Sonia & Quintana-Domeque, Climent
- 385-395 The growth status of North Korean refugee children and adolescents from 6 to 19 years of age
by Pak, Sunyoung
- 396-404 Trends in the association between height and socioeconomic indicators in France, 1970-2003
by Singh-Manoux, Archana & Gourmelen, Julie & Ferrie, Jane & Silventoinen, Karri & Guéguen, Alice & Stringhini, Silvia & Nabi, Hermann & Kivimaki, Mika
- 405-413 Long run trends in the heights of European men, 19th-20th centuries
by Hatton, Timothy J. & Bray, Bernice E.
- 414-420 The relationship between physical work and the height premium: Finnish evidence
by Böckerman, Petri & Johansson, Edvard & Kiiskinen, Urpo & Heliövaara, Markku
- 421-422 Obesity among Poor Americans: Is Public Assistance the Problem? Patricia K. Smith. pp. 197. (Vanderbilt University Press, Nashville, Tennessee, 2009.), ISBN 978-0-8265-1636-7, paperback.
by Averett, Susan L.
2010, Volume 8, Issue 2
- 141-144 Latin American anthropometrics, past and present--An overview
by Baten, Jöerg & Carson, Scott
- 145-152 The seed of abundance and misery: Peruvian living standards from the early republican period to the end of the guano era (1820-1880)
by Twrdek, Linda & Manzel, Kerstin
- 153-158 Changes in stature, weight, and nutritional status with tourism-based economic development in the Yucatan
by Leatherman, Thomas L. & Goodman, Alan H. & Stillman, Tobias
- 159-167 Property rights and chronic diseases: Evidence from a natural experiment in Montevideo, Uruguay 1990-2006
by Gandelman, Néstor
- 168-176 Height, education and later-life cognition in Latin America and the Caribbean
by Maurer, Jürgen
- 177-187 Community well-being and growth status of indigenous school children in rural Oaxaca, southern Mexico
by Reyes, Maria Eugenia Peña & Chavez, Guillermo Bali & Little, Bertis B. & Malina, Robert M.
- 188-196 Disentangling nutritional factors and household characteristics related to child stunting and maternal overweight in Guatemala
by Lee, Jounghee & Houser, Robert F. & Must, Aviva & de Fulladolsa, Patricia Palma & Bermudez, Odilia I.
- 197-211 The impact of altitude on infant health in South America
by Wehby, George L. & Castilla, Eduardo E. & Lopez-Camelo, Jorge
- 212-222 Why are Mexican American boys so much taller now?
by Delajara, Marcelo & Rodríguez-Segura, Melissa
- 223-232 Labour market outcomes for people with a spinal cord injury
by Rowell, David & Connelly, Luke
- 233-241 Brainstorm: Occupational choice, bipolar illness and creativity
by Tremblay, Carol Horton & Grosskopf, Shawna & Yang, Ke
- 242-254 Body composition and wages
by Wada, Roy & Tekin, Erdal
- 255-260 The negative health consequences of unemployment: The case of Poland
by Koziel, Slawomir & Lopuszanska, Monika & Szklarska, Alicja & Lipowicz, Anna
- 261-272 The economics of race and eugenic sterilization in North Carolina: 1958-1968
by Price, Gregory N. & Darity Jr., William A.
- 273-288 Health trends in Sub-Saharan Africa: Conflicting evidence from infant mortality rates and adult heights
by Akachi, Yoko & Canning, David
- 289-290 Charlemagne was very tall, but not robust
by Rühli, Frank J. & Blümich, Bernhard & Henneberg, Maciej
- 291-293 Height, weight and body mass index values of mid-19th century New York legislative officers
by Bodenhorn, Howard
2010, Volume 8, Issue 1
- 1-1 Welcome John Cawley
by Komlos, John
- 2-15 Incentives, time use and BMI: The roles of eating, grazing and goods
by Hamermesh, Daniel S.
- 16-29 Nutritional status and economic development in sub-Saharan Africa, 1950-1980
by Moradi, Alexander
- 30-43 Measures of the intergenerational transmission of body mass index between mothers and their children in the United States, 1981-2004
by Classen, Timothy J.
- 44-57 Fat and out in Salerno and its province: Adolescent obesity and early school leaving in Southern Italy
by Barone, Adriana & O'Higgins, Niall
- 58-66 The recent decline in the height of African-American women
by Komlos, John
- 67-79 Taller - Healthier - more equal? The biological standard of living in Switzerland in the second half of the 20th century
by Kues, Arne Benjamin
- 80-87 The economic and nutrition transition in Equatorial Guinea coincided with a double burden of over- and under nutrition
by Custodio, Estefanía & Descalzo, Miguel Ángel & Roche, Jesús & Molina, Laura & Sánchez, Ignacio & Lwanga, Magdalena & Torres, Alberto Manuel & Fernández-Zincke, Eduardo & Bernis, Cristina & Villamor, Eduardo & Baylin, Ana
- 88-99 Why no adult stunting penalty or height premium?: Estimates from native Amazonians in Bolivia
by Godoy, Ricardo & Magvanjav, Oyunbileg & Nyberg, Colleen & Eisenberg, Dan T.A. & McDade, Thomas W. & Leonard, William R. & Reyes-García, Victoria & Huanca, Tomás & Tanner, Susan & Gravlee, Clarence
- 100-110 Nutritional status and socioeconomic change among Toba and Wichí populations of the Argentinean Chaco
by Valeggia, Claudia R. & Burke, Kevin M. & Fernandez-Duque, Eduardo
- 111-120 Secular trends in social class differences of height, weight and BMI of boys from two schools in Lisbon, Portugal (1910-2000)
by Cardoso, Hugo F.V. & Caninas, Madalena
- 121-126 Height and body mass index values of nineteenth-century New York legislators
by Bodenhorn, Howard
- 127-133 The height and BMI values of West Point cadets after the Civil War
by Hiermeyer, Martin
- 134-137 Infant mortality decline in Armenia: Why with uneven rates?
by Hakobyan, Mihran & Yepiskoposyan, Levon
- 138-139 Francis E. Johnston and Ira Harkavy, The Obesity Culture: Strategies for Change , Smith-Gordon (2009) $37.50, 164 pp.,ISBN 978-1-85463-225-8
by Schell, Lawrence M.
2009, Volume 7, Issue 3
- 271-282 Sex differences in obesity rates in poor countries: Evidence from South Africa
by Case, Anne & Menendez, Alicia
- 283-293 The growth of obesity and technological change
by Lakdawalla, Darius & Philipson, Tomas
- 294-306 Genetics of human height
by McEvoy, Brian P. & Visscher, Peter M.
- 307-318 The timing of the rise in U.S. obesity varies with measure of fatness
by Burkhauser, Richard V. & Cawley, John & Schmeiser, Maximilian D.
- 319-333 The anthropometric history of Argentina, Brazil and Peru during the 19th and early 20th century
by Baten, Joerg & Pelger, Ines & Twrdek, Linda
- 334-350 Does smoking affect body weight and obesity in China?
by Fang, Hai & Ali, Mir M. & Rizzo, John A.
- 351-365 Decomposing body mass index gaps between Mediterranean countries: A counterfactual quantile regression analysis
by Costa-Font, Joan & Fabbri, Daniele & Gil, Joan
- 366-375 Height and BMI values of German conscripts in 2000, 2001 and 1906
by Hiermeyer, Martin
- 376-386 Socioeconomic status, height, and obesity in children
by Murasko, Jason E.
- 387-397 Childhood overweight in the United States: A quantile regression approach
by Stifel, David C. & Averett, Susan L.
- 398-404 Evolution of obesity by social status in France, 1981-2003
by de Saint Pol, Thibaut
- 405-406 Secular trend in height in Al Ain-United Arab Emirates
by Baynouna, Latifa Mohammad & Revel, Anthony D. & Nagelkerke, Nico J.D. & Jaber, Tariq M. & Omar, Aziza O. & Ahmed, Nader M. & Naziruldeen, Mohammad K. & Al Sayed, Mamdouh F. & Nour, Fuad A. & Abdouni, Sameh
- 407-407 H. Schutkowski, Editor, Between Biology and Culture, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge (2008) pp. xiÂ +Â 310 incl. index, ISBN: 978-0-521-85936-3
by Steegman Jr., A. Theodore
2009, Volume 7, Issue 2
- 133-136 Life at the top: The benefits of height
by Deaton, Angus & Arora, Raksha
- 137-152 Height, wealth, and health: An overview with new data from three longitudinal studies
by Batty, G. David & Shipley, Martin J. & Gunnell, David & Huxley, Rachel & Kivimaki, Mika & Woodward, Mark & Lee, Crystal Man Ying & Smith, George Davey
- 153-164 Obesity and labor market outcomes among legal immigrants to the United States from developing countries
by Cawley, John & Han, Euna & Norton, Edward C.
- 165-180 Protein supply and nutritional status in nineteenth century Bavaria, Prussia and France
by Baten, Joerg
- 181-190 Weight gain in adolescents and their peers
by Halliday, Timothy J. & Kwak, Sally
- 191-199 The nonlinear link between height and wages in Germany, 1985-2004
by Hübler, Olaf
- 200-216 Urbanization and the spread of diseases of affluence in China
by Van de Poel, Ellen & O'Donnell, Owen & Van Doorslaer, Eddy
- 217-228 A head above the rest: Height and adolescent psychological well-being
by Rees, Daniel I. & Sabia, Joseph J. & Argys, Laura M.
- 229-237 The social gradient in health: The effect of absolute income and subjective social status assessment on the individual's health in Europe
by Theodossiou, I. & Zangelidis, A.
- 238-245 Growing up under generalized violence: An ecological study of homicide rates and secular trends in age at menarche in Colombia, 1940s-1980s
by Villamor, Eduardo & Chavarro, Jorge E. & Caro, Luis E.
- 246-258 Does the U.S. Food Stamp Program contribute to adult weight gain?
by Zagorsky, Jay L. & Smith, Patricia K.
- 259-264 The biological standard of living in colonial Korea, 1910-1945
by Choi, Seong-Jin & Schwekendiek, Daniel
- 265-266 The World is Fat: The Fads, Trends, Policies and Products that are Fattening the Human Race, Barry Popkin, (229 pages) Price: USA $24.95, ISBN 978-1-58333-313-6
by Doak, Colleen M.
- 267-270 Guy Soudjian Lavauzelle and Panazol, Editors, Anthropologie du conscrit parisien sous le second Empire (2008) ISBN: 978-2-7025-1086-5, price 29[euro], pp. 266
by Ladurie, Emmanuel Le Roy
2009, Volume 7, Issue 1
- 1-6 Investing in early human development: Timing and economic efficiency
by Doyle, Orla & Harmon, Colm P. & Heckman, James J. & Tremblay, Richard E.
- 7-17 Early childhood length-for-age is associated with the work status of Filipino young adults
by Carba, Delia B. & Tan, Vivencia L. & Adair, Linda S.
- 18-27 Requiem for nutrition as the cause of IQ gains: Raven's gains in Britain 1938-2008
by Flynn, James R.
- 28-35 Paradoxical malnutrition in mother-child pairs: Untangling the phenomenon of over- and under-nutrition in underdeveloped economies
by Jehn, Megan & Brewis, Alexandra
- 36-45 Obesity and labour market success in Finland: The difference between having a high BMI and being fat
by Johansson, Edvard & Böckerman, Petri & Kiiskinen, Urpo & Heliövaara, Markku
- 46-54 Socioeconomic status and physical stature in 19th-century Bavaria
by Lantzsch, Jana & Schuster, Klaus
- 55-63 Overweight in adolescents: Implications for health expenditures
by Monheit, Alan C. & Vistnes, Jessica P. & Rogowski, Jeannette A.
- 64-72 Food prices, access to food outlets and child weight
by Powell, Lisa M. & Bao, Yanjun
- 73-83 Income and body mass index in Europe
by García Villar, Jaume & Quintana-Domeque, Climent
- 84-95 Prenatal care demand and its effects on birth outcomes by birth defect status in Argentina
by Wehby, George L. & Murray, Jeffrey C. & Castilla, Eduardo E. & Lopez-Camelo, Jorge S. & Ohsfeldt, Robert L.
- 96-106 Body mass index, socio-economic status and socio-behavioral practices among Tz'utujil Maya women
by Nagata, Jason M. & Valeggia, Claudia R. & Barg, Frances K. & Bream, Kent D.W.
- 107-108 The physical stature of Jewish men in the German Principality of Salm, 1802-1807
by Aschoff, Diethard & Hiermeyer, Martin
- 109-112 Recent growth of children in the two Koreas: A meta-analysis
by Schwekendiek, Daniel & Pak, Sunyoung
- 113-120 Trends in U.S. food prices, 1950-2007
by Christian, Thomas & Rashad, Inas
- 121-127 Racial differences in body mass indices of men imprisoned in 19th Century Texas
by Carson, Scott Alan
- 128-129 A. Bhargava, Food, Economics and Health , Oxford University Press, Oxford, UK (2008) 221 pp., ISBN 978-0-19-926914
by Block, Steven
- 130-131 Anthropometric Standards. An Interactive Nutritional Reference of Body Size and Body Composition for Children and Adults. A. Roberto Frisancho, 2008, ISBN 13: 978-0-472-11591-4, ISBN 10: 0-472-11591-X, published in USA by The University of Michigan Press, price 85 USD, 335 pp., 143 growth references tables, 89 growth charts, complementary tables and figures, CD
by Vignerov, Jana
2008, Volume 6, Issue 3
- 305-329 Are employers discriminating with respect to weight?: European Evidence using Quantile Regression
by Atella, Vincenzo & Pace, Noemi & Vuri, Daniela
- 330-349 For better or worse: Relationship status and body mass index
by Averett, Susan L. & Sikora, Asia & Argys, Laura M.
- 350-362 Obesity and labor market outcomes in Denmark
by Greve, Jane
- 363-376 Cost-effectiveness of a family-based GP-mediated intervention targeting overweight and moderately obese children
by Moodie, Marjory & Haby, Michelle & Wake, Melissa & Gold, Lisa & Carter, Robert
- 377-387 The effect of friends on adolescent body weight
by Renna, Francesco & Grafova, Irina B. & Thakur, Nidhi
- 388-397 Obesity and skill attainment in early childhood
by Cawley, John & Spiess, C. Katharina
- 398-419 Using graphical chain models to analyze differences in structural correlates of undernutrition in Benin and Bangladesh
by Foraita, Ronja & Klasen, Stephan & Pigeot, Iris
- 420-430 Can breast feeding help you in later life? Evidence from German military heights in the early 20th century
by Haines, Michael R. & Kintner, Hallie J.
- 431-445 The trade-off between a high and an equal biological standard of living--Evidence from Germany
by Hiermeyer, Martin
- 446-454 Determinants of well-being in North Korea: Evidence from the post-famine period
by Schwekendiek, Daniel
- 455-468 Growth reference charts and the nutritional status of Indian children
by Tarozzi, Alessandro
- 469-481 Convergence of body mass with aging: The longitudinal interrelationship of health, weight, and survival
by Yang, Zhou & Bishai, David & Harman, Jeffrey
- 482-488 Historical trends in height, weight, and body mass: Data from U.S. Major League Baseball players, 1869-1983
by Saint Onge, Jarron M. & Krueger, Patrick M. & Rogers, Richard G.
- 489-491 T.T. Samaras, Editor, Human Body Size and the Laws of Scaling: Physiological, Performance, Growth, Longevity and Ecological Ramifications, Nova Science Publishers Inc., New York (2007)
by Wells, Jonathan C.K.
- 492-494 The Health of Populations: General Theories and Particular Realities, 2007, Stephen J. Kunitz, Oxford University Press, New York, ISBN: 13 978-0-19-530807-5
by Harris, Bernard
- 495-496 G. Clark, A Farewell to Alms: A Brief Economic History of The World , Princeton University Press, Princeton, NJ (2007) xiiÂ +Â 420 pp
by Floud, Roderick
2008, Volume 6, Issue 2
- 191-203 Height, trade, and inequality in the Latin American periphery, 1950-2000
by Baltzer, Markus & Baten, Jörg
- 204-211 Obesity among male adolescent migrants in Vienna, Austria
by Kirchengast, Sylvia & Schober, Edith
- 212-227 Economic transformation and biological welfare in colonial Burma: Regional differentiation in the evolution of average height
by Bassino, Jean-Pascal & Coclanis, Peter A.
- 228-236 Estimation of secular trends in adult height, and childhood socioeconomic circumstances in three Eastern European populations
by Webb, Elizabeth Alice & Kuh, Diana & Pajak, Andrzej & Kubinova, Ruzena & Malyutina, Sofia & Bobak, Martin
- 237-251 Living standards in Black and White: Evidence from the heights of Ohio Prison inmates, 1829-1913
by Maloney, Thomas N. & Carson, Scott Alan
- 252-263 Determinants of malnutrition in Senegal: Individual, household, community variables, and their interaction
by Linnemayr, Sebastian & Alderman, Harold & Ka, Abdoulaye
- 264-280 Geography of underweight and overweight among women in India: A multilevel analysis of 3204 neighborhoods in 26 states
by Ackerson, Leland K. & Kawachi, Ichiro & Barbeau, Elizabeth M. & Subramanian, S.V.
- 281-292 Contingent valuation analysis of willingness to pay to reduce childhood obesity
by Cawley, John
- 293-298 Randomized controlled experiments in health and social sciences: Some conceptual issues
by Bhargava, Alok
- 299-301 Tsimane' Amazonian Panel Study (TAPS): The first 5 years (2002-2006) of socioeconomic, demographic, and anthropometric data available to the public
by Leonard, William R. & Godoy, Ricardo
- 302-303 J.C. Riley, Low Income, Social Growth, and Good Health A History of Twelve Countries , University of California Press and Milbank Memorial Fund, London (2008) ISBN 978-0-520-25286-8 pp. xvi + 229 incl. index
by Szreter, Simon
- 304-304 Erratum for "Twin differences in birth weight: The effects of genotype and prenatal environment on neonatal and post-neonatal mortality" [Econ. Hum. Biol. 4 (2006) 151-183]
by Conley, Dalton & Strully, Kate W. & Bennett, Neil G.
2008, Volume 6, Issue 1
- 1-18 Generational effects and gender height dimorphism in contemporary Spain
by Costa-Font, Joan & Gil, Joan
- 19-42 Social capital externalities and mortality in Sweden
by Islam, M. Kamrul & Gerdtham, Ulf-G. & Gullberg, Bo & Lindström, Martin & Merlo, Juan
- 43-56 On estimators for truncated height samples
by Jacobs, Jan & Katzur, Tomek & Tassenaar, Vincent
- 57-74 Adequacy of dietary intakes and poverty in India: Trends in the 1990s
by Mahal, Ajay & Karan, Anup K.