Optimal formation rules for patent pools
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Economic Theory.
Volume (Year): 40 (2009)
Issue (Month): 3 (September)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://link.springer.de/link/service/journals/00199/index.htm
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- K11 - Law and Economics - - Basic Areas of Law - - - Property Law
- L41 - Industrial Organization - - Antitrust Issues and Policies - - - Monopolization; Horizontal Anticompetitive Practices
- M2 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Business Economics
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Debraj Ray & Rajiv Vohra, 1996.
"A Theory of Endogenous Coalition Structure,"
0068, Boston University - Industry Studies Programme.
- Lerner, Josh & Tirole, Jean, 2003.
"Efficient Patent Pools,"
IDEI Working Papers
211, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse.
- Jay Pil Choi, 2009.
"Patent Pools and Cross-Licensing in the Shadow of Patent Litigation,"
Global COE Hi-Stat Discussion Paper Series
gd08-044, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Jay Pil Choi, 2010. "Patent Pools And Cross-Licensing In The Shadow Of Patent Litigation," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 51(2), pages 441-460, 05.
- Choi, Jay Pil, 2009. "Patent Pools and Cross-Licensing in the Shadow of Patent Litigation," PIE/CIS Discussion Paper 417, Center for Intergenerational Studies, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- AMIR, Rabah & LAMBSON, Val, 1999.
"On the effects of entry in Cournot markets,"
CORE Discussion Papers
1999059, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Rabah Amir, 2000. "On the Effects of Entry in Cournot Markets," Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers 1475, Econometric Society.
- Rabah Amir & Val E. Lambson, 1998. "On the Effects of Entry in Cournot Markets," CIE Discussion Papers 1998-06, University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics. Centre for Industrial Economics.
- Carl Shapiro, 2004.
"Navigating the Patent Thicket: Cross Licenses, Patent Pools and Standard Setting,"
Levine's Working Paper Archive
122247000000000539, David K. Levine.
- Carl Shapiro, 2001. "Navigating the Patent Thicket: Cross Licenses, Patent Pools, and Standard Setting," NBER Chapters, in: Innovation Policy and the Economy, Volume 1, pages 119-150 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Carl Shapiro, 2003. "Navigating the Patent Thicket: Cross Licenses, Patent Pools, and Standard-Setting," Law and Economics 0303005, EconWPA.
- Shapiro, Carl, 2000. "Navigating the Patent Thicket: Cross Licenses, Patent Pools, and Standard-Setting," Competition Policy Center, Working Paper Series qt4hs5s9wk, Competition Policy Center, Institute for Business and Economic Research, UC Berkeley.
- Yi, Sang-Seung, 1997. "Stable Coalition Structures with Externalities," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 201-237, August.
- Yair Tauman & Naoki Watanabe, 2007. "The Shapley Value of a Patent Licensing Game: the Asymptotic Equivalence to Non-cooperative Results," Economic Theory, Springer, vol. 30(1), pages 135-149, January.
- Jay Pil Choi, 2003. "Pools and Cross-Licensing in the Shadow of Patent Litigation," CESifo Working Paper Series 1070, CESifo Group Munich.
- Ludovic Renou, 2008. "Multi-lender coalitions in costly state verification models," Economic Theory, Springer, vol. 36(3), pages 407-433, September.
- Josh Lerner & Jean Tirole, 2013.
NBER Working Papers
19664, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lerner, Josh & Tirole, Jean, 2013. "Standard-Essential Patents," TSE Working Papers 13-441, Toulouse School of Economics (TSE), revised 13 Mar 2014.
- Lerner, Josh & Tirole, Jean, 2013. "Standard-Essential Patents," IDEI Working Papers 803, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse, revised 13 Mar 2014.
- Marie-Laure Cabon-Dhersin & Rim Lahmandi-Ayed, 2011.
"R&D Organization: Cooperation or Cross-Licensing?,"
Recherches économiques de Louvain,
De Boeck Université, vol. 77(1), pages 31-52.
- Marie-Laure CABON-DHERSIN & Rim LAHMANDI-AYED, 2011. "R&D Organization: Cooperation or Cross-Licensing?," Discussion Papers (REL - Recherches Economiques de Louvain) 2011012, Université catholique de Louvain, Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales (IRES).
- Daniel Quint, 2014. "Pooling with Essential and Nonessential Patents," American Economic Journal: Microeconomics, American Economic Association, vol. 6(1), pages 23-57, February.
- Gaston Llanes & Stefano Trento, 2009.
"Patent policy, patent pools, and the accumulation of claims in sequential innovation,"
Harvard Business School Working Papers
10-005, Harvard Business School.
- Gastón Llanes & Stefano Trento, 2012. "Patent policy, patent pools, and the accumulation of claims in sequential innovation," Economic Theory, Springer, vol. 50(3), pages 703-725, August.
- Gastón Llanes & Stefano Trento, 2010. "Patent Policy, Patent Pools, And The Accumulation Of Claims In Sequential Innovation," UFAE and IAE Working Papers 856.10, Unitat de Fonaments de l'Anàlisi Econòmica (UAB) and Institut d'Anàlisi Econòmica (CSIC).
- Gastón Llanes & Stefano Trento, 2010. "Patent Policy, Patent Pools, And The Accumulation Of Claims In Sequential Innovation," Working Papers 523, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics.
- Akifumi Ishihara & Noriyuki Yanagawa, 2013. "Dark Sides of Patent Pools with Compulsory Independent Licensing," CARF F-Series CARF-F-318, Center for Advanced Research in Finance, Faculty of Economics, The University of Tokyo.
- Christian Le Bas & Julien Pénin, 2014. "Patents and innovation : Are the brakes broken, or how to restore patents’ dynamic efficiency ?," Working Papers of BETA 2014-02, Bureau d'Economie Théorique et Appliquée, UDS, Strasbourg.
- Jeitschko, Thomas D. & Zhang, Nanyun, 2013.
"Adverse effects of patent pooling on product development and commercialization,"
DICE Discussion Papers
92, Heinrich‐Heine‐Universität Düsseldorf, Düsseldorf Institute for Competition Economics (DICE).
- Jeitschko Thomas D. & Zhang Nanyun, 2014. "Adverse Effects of Patent Pooling on Product Development and Commercialization," The B.E. Journal of Theoretical Economics, De Gruyter, vol. 14(1), pages 31, January.
- Thomas D. Jeitschko & Nanyun Zhang, 2012. "Adverse Effects of Patent Pooling on Product Development and Commercialization," EAG Discussions Papers 201205, Department of Justice, Antitrust Division.
- Dequiedt, Vianney & Versaevel, Bruno, 2013. "Patent pools and dynamic R&D incentives," International Review of Law and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 36(C), pages 59-69.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.