Endogenous time preference and optimal growth
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Economic Theory.
Volume (Year): 29 (2006)
Issue (Month): 1 (September)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://link.springer.de/link/service/journals/00199/index.htm
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C61 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Optimization Techniques; Programming Models; Dynamic Analysis
- D99 - Microeconomics - - Intertemporal Choice - - - Other
- O41 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity - - - One, Two, and Multisector Growth Models
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Harris, Christopher & Laibson, David, 2001.
"Dynamic Choices of Hyperbolic Consumers,"
Econometric Society, vol. 69(4), pages 935-57, July.
- Christopher Harris & David Laibson, 1999. "Dynamic Choices of Hyperbolic Consumers," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1886, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Becker, Gary S & Mulligan, Casey B, 1997. "The Endogenous Determination of Time Preference," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 112(3), pages 729-58, August.
- Robert J. Barro, 1999. "Ramsey Meets Laibson In The Neoclassical Growth Model," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 114(4), pages 1125-1152, November.
- Amir, Rabah & Mirman, Leonard J & Perkins, William R, 1991. "One-Sector Nonclassical Optimal Growth: Optimality Conditions and Comparative Dynamics," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 32(3), pages 625-44, August.
- Becker, Robert A & Boyd, John H, III, 1992. "Recursive Utility and Optimal Capital Accumulation II: Sensitivity and Duality Theory," Economic Theory, Springer, vol. 2(4), pages 547-63, October.
- Benveniste, L M & Scheinkman, J A, 1979. "On the Differentiability of the Value Function in Dynamic Models of Economics," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 47(3), pages 727-32, May.
- Taketo Kawagishi & Kazuo Mino, 2013. "Time Preference and Income Convergence in a Dynamic Heckscher-Ohlin Model," KIER Working Papers 880, Kyoto University, Institute of Economic Research.
- Kirill Borissov, 2011.
"Growth and Distribution in a Model with Endogenous Time Peferences and Borrowing Constraints,"
DEGIT Conference Papers
c016_073, DEGIT, Dynamics, Economic Growth, and International Trade.
- Borissov, Kirill, 2013. "Growth and distribution in a model with endogenous time preferences and borrowing constraints," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 66(2), pages 117-128.
- Francisco M. Gonzalez & Shouyong Shi, 2007. "An Equilibrium Theory of Declining Reservation Wages and Learning," Working Papers tecipa-292, University of Toronto, Department of Economics.
- Been-Lon Chen & Yu-Shan Hsu & Chia-Hui Lu, 2011. "Friedman meets Becker and Mulligan in a monetary neoclassical growth model," Journal of Economics, Springer, vol. 104(2), pages 99-126, October.
- Laibson, David I., 1997.
"Golden Eggs and Hyperbolic Discounting,"
4481499, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- BOUCEKKINE, Raouf & DIENE, Bity & AZOMAHOU, Théophile, .
"Growth economics of epidemics: A review of the theory,"
CORE Discussion Papers RP
-2004, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Raouf Boucekkine & Bity Diene & Theophile Azomahou, 2008. "Growth Economics of Epidemics: A Review of the Theory," Mathematical Population Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 15(1), pages 1-26.
- Taketo Kawagishi & Kazuo Mino, 2012. "Time Preference and Long-Run Growth: the Role of Patience Capital," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 32(4), pages 3243-3249.
- Fernando Tohmé & Carlos Dabús, 2009. "Economic Growth in a Two-Agent Economy," DEGIT Conference Papers c014_043, DEGIT, Dynamics, Economic Growth, and International Trade.
- Kirill Borissov, 2013. "The existence of equilibrium paths in an AK-model with endogenous time preferences and borrowing constraints," EUSP Deparment of Economics Working Paper Series Ec-01/13, European University at St. Petersburg, Department of Economics.
- Cuong Le Van & Cagri Saglam & Selman Erol, 2011.
"Existence, Optimality and Dynamics of Equilibria with Endogenous Time Preference,"
04, Development and Policies Research Center (DEPOCEN), Vietnam.
- Erol, Selman & Le Van, Cuong & Saglam, Cagri, 2011. "Existence, optimality and dynamics of equilibria with endogenous time preference," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 47(2), pages 170-179, March.
- Yasuhiro Nakamoto, 2009. "Consumption externalities with endogenous time preference," Journal of Economics, Springer, vol. 96(1), pages 41-62, January.
- Kawagishi, Taketo, 2012. "Endogenous time preference, investment externalities, and equilibrium indeterminacy," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 64(3), pages 234-241.
- Wei-Bin ZHANG, 2012. "Habits, Saving Propensity, And Economic Growth," Scientific Bulletin - Economic Sciences, University of Pitesti, vol. 11(2), pages 3-15.
- Camacho, Carmen & Saglam, Cagri & Turan, Agah, 2013. "Strategic interaction and dynamics under endogenous time preference," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 49(4), pages 291-301.
- ZHANG, Wei-Bin, 2013. "Habit Formation And Preference Change In A Twosector Growth Model With Elastic Labor Supply," Academica Science Journal, Economica Series, Dimitrie Cantemir University, Faculty of Economical Science, vol. 1(2), pages 3-20, May.
- Haaparanta, Pertti & Puhakka, Mikko, 2004. "Endogenous time preference, investment and development traps," BOFIT Discussion Papers 4/2004, Bank of Finland, Institute for Economies in Transition.
- Sarkar, Jayanta, 2007. "Growth dynamics in a model of endogenous time preference," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 16(4), pages 528-542.
- Wei-Bin Zhang, 2013. "Dynamic Interactions among Growth, Environmental Change, Habit Formation, and Preference Change," The International Journal of Economic Behavior - IJEB, Faculty of Business and Administration, University of Bucharest, vol. 3(1), pages 3-25, December.
- Wei-Bin Zhang, 2013. "Habit Formation and Preference Change with Capital and Renewable Resources," Business Systems Research, Society for Promotion of Business Information Technology (BIT), vol. 4(2), pages 108-125.
- repec:hal:journl:halshs-00639731 is not listed on IDEAS
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.