Endogenous time preference and optimal growth
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Economic Theory.
Volume (Year): 29 (2006)
Issue (Month): 1 (September)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://link.springer.de/link/service/journals/00199/index.htm
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C61 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Optimization Techniques; Programming Models; Dynamic Analysis
- D99 - Microeconomics - - Intertemporal Choice - - - Other
- O41 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity - - - One, Two, and Multisector Growth Models
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Becker, Gary S & Mulligan, Casey B, 1997. "The Endogenous Determination of Time Preference," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 112(3), pages 729-58, August.
- Amir, Rabah & Mirman, Leonard J & Perkins, William R, 1991. "One-Sector Nonclassical Optimal Growth: Optimality Conditions and Comparative Dynamics," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 32(3), pages 625-44, August.
- Becker, Robert A & Boyd, John H, III, 1992. "Recursive Utility and Optimal Capital Accumulation II: Sensitivity and Duality Theory," Economic Theory, Springer, vol. 2(4), pages 547-63, October.
- Harris, Christopher & Laibson, David, 2001.
"Dynamic Choices of Hyperbolic Consumers,"
Econometric Society, vol. 69(4), pages 935-57, July.
- Christopher Harris & David Laibson, 1999. "Dynamic Choices of Hyperbolic Consumers," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1886, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Benveniste, L M & Scheinkman, J A, 1979. "On the Differentiability of the Value Function in Dynamic Models of Economics," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 47(3), pages 727-32, May.
- Robert J. Barro, 1999. "Ramsey Meets Laibson In The Neoclassical Growth Model," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 114(4), pages 1125-1152, November.
- Francisco M. Gonzalez & Shouyong Shi, 2007. "An Equilibrium Theory of Declining Reservation Wages and Learning," Working Papers tecipa-292, University of Toronto, Department of Economics.
- Haaparanta, Pertti & Puhakka, Mikko, 2004. "Endogenous time preference, investment and development traps," BOFIT Discussion Papers 4/2004, Bank of Finland, Institute for Economies in Transition.
- ZHANG, Wei-Bin, 2013. "Habit Formation And Preference Change In A Twosector Growth Model With Elastic Labor Supply," Academica Science Journal, Economica Series, Dimitrie Cantemir University, Faculty of Economical Science, vol. 1(2), pages 3-20, May.
- Been-Lon Chen & Yu-Shan Hsu & Chia-Hui Lu, 2011. "Friedman meets Becker and Mulligan in a monetary neoclassical growth model," Journal of Economics, Springer, vol. 104(2), pages 99-126, October.
- Erol, Selman & Le Van, Cuong & Saglam, Cagri, 2011.
"Existence, optimality and dynamics of equilibria with endogenous time preference,"
Journal of Mathematical Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 47(2), pages 170-179, March.
- Cuong Le Van & Cagri Saglam & Selman Erol, 2011. "Existence, Optimality and Dynamics of Equilibria with Endogenous Time Preference," UniversitÃ© Paris1 PanthÃ©on-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-00639731, HAL.
- Cuong Le Van & Cagri Saglam & Selman Erol, 2011. "Existence, Optimality and Dynamics of Equilibria with Endogenous Time Preference," Working Papers 04, Development and Policies Research Center (DEPOCEN), Vietnam.
- Wei-Bin ZHANG, 2012. "Habits, Saving Propensity, And Economic Growth," Scientific Bulletin - Economic Sciences, University of Pitesti, vol. 11(2), pages 3-15.
- Taketo Kawagishi & Kazuo Mino, 2012. "Time Preference and Long-Run Growth: the Role of Patience Capital," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 32(4), pages 3243-3249.
- Kawagishi, Taketo, 2012. "Endogenous time preference, investment externalities, and equilibrium indeterminacy," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 64(3), pages 234-241.
- BOUCEKKINE, Raouf & DIENE, Bity & AZOMAHOU, Théophile, .
"Growth economics of epidemics: A review of the theory,"
CORE Discussion Papers RP
-2004, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Raouf Boucekkine & Bity Diene & Theophile Azomahou, 2008. "Growth Economics of Epidemics: A Review of the Theory," Mathematical Population Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 15(1), pages 1-26.
- Sarkar, Jayanta, 2007. "Growth dynamics in a model of endogenous time preference," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 16(4), pages 528-542.
- Taketo Kawagishi & Kazuo Mino, 2013. "Time Preference and Income Convergence in a Dynamic Heckscher-Ohlin Model," KIER Working Papers 880, Kyoto University, Institute of Economic Research.
- Fernando Tohmé & Carlos Dabús, 2009. "Economic Growth in a Two-Agent Economy," DEGIT Conference Papers c014_043, DEGIT, Dynamics, Economic Growth, and International Trade.
- Laibson, David, 1997.
"Golden Eggs and Hyperbolic Discounting,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
MIT Press, vol. 112(2), pages 443-77, May.
- Yasuhiro Nakamoto, 2009. "Consumption externalities with endogenous time preference," Journal of Economics, Springer, vol. 96(1), pages 41-62, January.
- Kirill Borissov, 2013. "The existence of equilibrium paths in an AK-model with endogenous time preferences and borrowing constraints," EUSP Deparment of Economics Working Paper Series Ec-01/13, European University at St. Petersburg, Department of Economics.
- repec:hal:journl:halshs-00639731 is not listed on IDEAS
- Wei-Bin Zhang, 2013. "Habit Formation and Preference Change with Capital and Renewable Resources," Business Systems Research, Society for Promotion of Business Information Technology (BIT), vol. 4(2), pages 108-125.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.