Expectation formation in an experimental foreign exchange market
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Central European Journal of Operations Research.
Volume (Year): 15 (2007)
Issue (Month): 2 (June)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springer.com/business/operations+research/journal/10100
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Arrow, Kenneth J, 1986. "Rationality of Self and Others in an Economic System," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 59(4), pages S385-99, October.
- Hommes, Cars & Sonnemans, Joep & Tuinstra, Jan & van de Velden, Henk, 2008. "Expectations and bubbles in asset pricing experiments," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 67(1), pages 116-133, July.
- Yin-Wong Cheung & Menzie D. Chinn, 2000.
"Currency Traders and Exchange Rate Dynamics: A Survey of the U.S. Market,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
251, CESifo Group Munich.
- Cheung, Yin-Wong & Chinn, Menzie David, 2001. "Currency traders and exchange rate dynamics: a survey of the US market," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 20(4), pages 439-471, August.
- Akerlof, George A., 2001.
"Behavioral Macroeconomics and Macroeconomic Behavior,"
Nobel Prize in Economics documents
2001-4, Nobel Prize Committee.
- George A. Akerlof, 2002. "Behavioral Macroeconomics and Macroeconomic Behavior," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 92(3), pages 411-433, June.
- Noussair, C.N. & Plot, C. & Riezman, R., 1997.
"The principles of exchange rate determination in an international finance experiment,"
Open Access publications from Tilburg University
urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-381116, Tilburg University.
- Noussair, C. & Plott, C.R. & Riezman, R., 1994. "The Principales of Exchange Rate Determination in an international Finance Experiment," Papers 94-021, Purdue University, Krannert School of Management - Center for International Business Education and Research (CIBER).
- Noussair, Charles N. & Plott, Charles R. & Riezman, Raymond. G., 1995. "The Principles of Exchange Rate Determination in an International Finance Experiment," Working Papers 908, California Institute of Technology, Division of the Humanities and Social Sciences.
- Andrew W. Lo, A. Craig MacKinlay, 1988.
"Stock Market Prices do not Follow Random Walks: Evidence from a Simple Specification Test,"
Review of Financial Studies,
Society for Financial Studies, vol. 1(1), pages 41-66.
- Tom Doan, . "VRATIO: RATS procedure to implement variance ratio unit root test procedure," Statistical Software Components RTS00231, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Andrew W. Lo & A. Craig MacKinlay, 1989. "Stock Market Prices Do Not Follow Random Walks: Evidence From a Simple Specification Test," NBER Working Papers 2168, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Shleifer, Andrei, 2000. "Inefficient Markets: An Introduction to Behavioral Finance," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198292272.
- R. Mark Isaac & Duncan James, 2000. "Asset Markets: How They Are Affected by Tournament Incentives for Individuals," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 90(4), pages 995-1004, September.
- Beckman, Steven R. & Downs, David, 1997. "Forecasters as imperfect information processors: Experimental and survey evidence," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 89-100, January.
- Lawson, Tony, 1985. "Uncertainty and Economic Analysis," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 95(380), pages 909-27, December.
- Cars Hommes & Joep Sonnemans & Jan Tuinstra & Henk van de Velden, 2004.
"Coordination of Expectations in Asset Pricing Experiments,"
DNB Staff Reports (discontinued)
119, Netherlands Central Bank.
- Cars Hommes & Joep Sonnemans & Jan Tuinstra & Henk van de Velden, 2005. "Coordination of Expectations in Asset Pricing Experiments," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 18(3), pages 955-980.
- Cars Hommes & Joep Sonnemans & Jan Tuinstra & Henk van de Velden, 2003. "Coordination of Expectations in Asset Pricing Experiments," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 03-010/1, Tinbergen Institute.
- Gerald P. Dwyer, Jr. & Arlington W. Williams & Raymond Battalio & Timothy Mason, 1989.
"Tests of rational expectations in a stark setting,"
1989-001, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- H. Peyton Young, 1996. "The Economics of Convention," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 10(2), pages 105-122, Spring.
- Sunder, S., 1992. "Experimental Asset Markets: A Survey," GSIA Working Papers 1992-19, Carnegie Mellon University, Tepper School of Business.
- Heemeijer, P. & Hommes, C.H. & Sonnemans, J. & Tuinstra, J., 2004. "Forming price expectations in positive and negative feedback systems," CeNDEF Working Papers 04-15, Universiteit van Amsterdam, Center for Nonlinear Dynamics in Economics and Finance.
- Hey, John D., 1994. "Expectations formation: Rational or adaptive or ...?," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 25(3), pages 329-349, December.
- Becker, Otwin & Leitner, Johannes & Leopold-Wildburger, Ulrike, 2007. "Heuristic modeling of expectation formation in a complex experimental information environment," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 176(2), pages 975-985, January.
- Leitner, Johannes & Leopold-Wildburger, Ulrike, 2011. "Experiments on forecasting behavior with several sources of information - A review of the literature," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 213(3), pages 459-469, September.
- Sonnemans, Joep & Tuinstra, Jan, 2010.
"Positive expectations feedback experiments and number guessing games as models of financial markets,"
Journal of Economic Psychology,
Elsevier, vol. 31(6), pages 964-984, December.
- Joep Sonnemans & Jan Tuinstra, 2008. "Positive Expectations Feedback Experiments and Number Guessing Games as Models of Financial Markets," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 08-076/1, Tinbergen Institute.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.