Asset Markets: How They Are Affected by Tournament Incentives for Individuals
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by American Economic Association in its journal American Economic Review.
Volume (Year): 90 (2000)
Issue (Month): 4 (September)
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- G12 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Asset Pricing; Trading Volume; Bond Interest Rates
- D82 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Asymmetric and Private Information; Mechanism Design
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Tirole, Jean, 1982. "On the Possibility of Speculation under Rational Expectations," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(5), pages 1163-81, September.
- Bull, Clive & Schotter, Andrew & Weigelt, Keith, 1987. "Tournaments and Piece Rates: An Experimental Study," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 95(1), pages 1-33, February.
- Ronald G. Ehrenberg & Michael L. Bognanno, 1988.
"Do Tournaments Have Incentive Effects?,"
NBER Working Papers
2638, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Forsythe, Robert & Palfrey, Thomas R & Plott, Charles R, 1982.
"Asset Valuation in an Experimental Market,"
Econometric Society, vol. 50(3), pages 537-67, May.
- Brown, Keith C & Harlow, W V & Starks, Laura T, 1996. " Of Tournaments and Temptations: An Analysis of Managerial Incentives in the Mutual Fund Industry," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 51(1), pages 85-110, March.
- Stefan Ruenzi, 2004.
"Mutual Fund Growth in Standard and Specialist Market Segments,"
0406005, EconWPA, revised 27 Jun 2004.
- Stefan Ruenzi, 2005. "Mutual Fund Growth in Standard and Specialist Market Segments," Financial Markets and Portfolio Management, Springer, vol. 19(2), pages 153-167, August.
- Ruenzi, Stefan, 2005. "Mutual fund growth in standard an specialist market segments," CFR Working Papers 05-08, University of Cologne, Centre for Financial Research (CFR).
- Alexander Kempf & Stefan Ruenzi, 2008.
"Tournaments in Mutual-Fund Families,"
Review of Financial Studies,
Society for Financial Studies, vol. 21(2), pages 1013-1036, April.
- Cheung, Stephen L. & Coleman, Andrew, 2012.
"League-Table Incentives and Price Bubbles in Experimental Asset Markets,"
2012-13, University of Sydney, School of Economics.
- Cheung, Stephen L. & Coleman, Andrew, 2011. "League-Table Incentives and Price Bubbles in Experimental Asset Markets," IZA Discussion Papers 5704, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Kempf, Alexander & Ruenzi, Stefan & Thiele, Tanja, 2008.
"Employment risk, compensation incentives and managerial risk taking: Evidence from the mutual fund industry,"
CFR Working Papers
07-02, University of Cologne, Centre for Financial Research (CFR).
- Kempf, Alexander & Ruenzi, Stefan & Thiele, Tanja, 2009. "Employment risk, compensation incentives, and managerial risk taking: Evidence from the mutual fund industry," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 92(1), pages 92-108, April.
- Flood, M.D. & Koedijk, C.G. & van Dijk, M.A. & van Leeuwen, I.W., 2002. "Dividing the Pie," ERIM Report Series Research in Management ERS-2002-101-F&A, Erasmus Research Institute of Management (ERIM), ERIM is the joint research institute of the Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University and the Erasmus School of Economics (ESE) at Erasmus Uni.
- Dijk, Oege & Holmen, Martin & Kirchler, Michael, 2014. "Rank matters–The impact of social competition on portfolio choice," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 66(C), pages 97-110.
- Urs Fischbacher & Christian Thöni, .
"Excess Entry in an Experimental Winner-Take-All Market,"
IEW - Working Papers
086, Institute for Empirical Research in Economics - University of Zurich.
- Fischbacher, Urs & Thöni, Christian, 2008. "Excess entry in an experimental winner-take-all market," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 67(1), pages 150-163, July.
- Berlemann, Michael & Vöpel, Henning, 2012. "Tournament incentives and asset price bubbles: Evidence from a field experiment," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 115(2), pages 232-235.
- Palan, Stefan, 2010. "Digital options and efficiency in experimental asset markets," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 75(3), pages 506-522, September.
- Johannes Leitner & Robert Schmidt, 2007. "Expectation formation in an experimental foreign exchange market," Central European Journal of Operations Research, Springer, vol. 15(2), pages 167-184, June.
- Huber, Jurgen, 2007. "`J'-shaped returns to timing advantage in access to information - Experimental evidence and a tentative explanation," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 31(8), pages 2536-2572, August.
- Duncan James, 2007. "Stability of risk preference parameter estimates within the Becker-DeGroot-Marschak procedure," Experimental Economics, Springer, vol. 10(2), pages 123-141, June.
- Ber, Silke & Kempf, Alexander & Ruenzi, Stefan, 2005. "Determinanten der Mittelzuflüsse bei deutschen Aktienfonds," CFR Working Papers 05-11, University of Cologne, Centre for Financial Research (CFR).
- Schoenberg, Eric J. & Haruvy, Ernan, 2012. "Relative performance information in asset markets: An experimental approach," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 33(6), pages 1143-1155.
- Rankin, Frederick W. & Sayre, Todd L., 2011. "Responses to risk in tournaments," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 36(1), pages 53-62, January.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jane Voros) or (Michael P. Albert).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.