Sequential asymmetric auctions with endogenous participation
AbstractWe study sequential auctions of stochastically identical objects and endogenous participation.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Theory and Decision.
Volume (Year): 43 (1997)
Issue (Month): 2 (September)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=100341
Sequential auctions; participation costs; endogeneous participation; price decline anomaly;
Other versions of this item:
- Fl. Menezes & P.K.Monteiro, 1994. "Sequential Asymmetric Auctions With Endogenous Participation," Microeconomics 9402001, EconWPA, revised 09 Jun 1994.
- D1 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior
- D2 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations
- D3 - Microeconomics - - Distribution
- D4 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure and Pricing
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Orley Ashenfelter & David Genesove, 1992.
"Testing for Price Anomalies in Real Estate Auctions,"
NBER Working Papers
4036, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ashenfelter, Orley & Genesove, David, 1992. "Testing for Price Anomalies in Real-Estate Auctions," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 82(2), pages 501-05, May.
- Ashenfelter, O. & Genesove, D., 1992. "Testing for Price Anomalies in real Estate Auctions," Papers 128, Princeton, Department of Economics - Financial Research Center.
- Ashenfelter, O. & Genesove, D., 1992. "Testing for Price Anomalies in Real Estate Auctions," Working papers 92-2, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Engelbrecht-Wiggans, R. & Menezes, F., 1993. "Sequential Auction with Continuation Costs," Papers 255, Australian National University - Department of Economics.
- Menezes, Flavio M., 1993. "Sequential auctions with delay costs : A two-period model," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 42(2-3), pages 173-178.
- Flavio Menezes & Paulo Monteiro, 2003.
"Synergies and price trends in sequential auctions,"
Review of Economic Design,
Springer, vol. 8(1), pages 85-98, August.
- Menezes, F. & Monteiro, P.K., 1999. "Synergies and Price Trends in Sequential Auctions," Papers 366, Australian National University - Department of Economics.
- Menezes, Flavio Marques & Monteiro, Paulo Klinger, 1999. "Synergies and Price Trends in Sequential Auctions," Economics Working Papers (Ensaios Economicos da EPGE) 360, FGV/EPGE Escola Brasileira de Economia e Finanças, Getulio Vargas Foundation (Brazil).
- Paulo Klinger Monteiro & Flavio Menezes, 1999. "Synergies and Price Trends in Sequential Auctions," Microeconomics 9901002, EconWPA, revised 03 Feb 1999.
- Menezes, F.M. & Monteiro, P.K., 1996.
"Simultaneous Ooled Auctions,"
302, Australian National University - Department of Economics.
- Ginsburgh, V. & Ours, J.C. van, 2003. "How to Organize Sequential Auctions: Results of a Natural Experiment by Christie's," Discussion Paper 2003-25, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Zulehner, Christine, 2009.
"Bidding behavior in sequential cattle auctions,"
International Journal of Industrial Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 27(1), pages 33-42, January.
- Tu, Zhiyong, 2010. "A Resale Explanation for the Declining Price Anomaly in Sequential Auctions," Review of Applied Economics, Review of Applied Economics, vol. 6(1-2).
- Berg, G. van den & Ours, J.C. van & Pradhan, M.P., 1999.
"Declining Prices in the Sequential Dutch Flower Auction of Roses,"
1999-52, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Gerard J. van den Berg & Jan C. van Ours & Menno P. Pradhan, 1999. "Declining Prices in the Sequential Dutch Flower Auction of Roses," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 99-074/3, Tinbergen Institute.
- Berg, Gerard J. van den & Ours, Jan C. van & Pradhan, Menno P., 1999. "Declining prices in the sequential Dutch flower auction of roses," Serie Research Memoranda 0040, VU University Amsterdam, Faculty of Economics, Business Administration and Econometrics.
- Gerard J. van den Berg & Jan C. van Ours & Menno P. Pradhan, 2001. "The Declining Price Anomaly in Dutch Dutch Rose Auctions," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 91(4), pages 1055-1062, September.
- Stéphanie Vincent & Olivier Chanel, 1998. "La décroissance des prix au cours d'enchères séquentielles : sources et mesures," Économie et Prévision, Programme National Persée, vol. 132(1), pages 139-157.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.