Matching in local labor markets: a stochastic frontier approach
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Journal of Productivity Analysis.
Volume (Year): 31 (2009)
Issue (Month): 1 (February)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=100296
Matching function; Technical efficiency; Stochastic frontier analysis; Local labor markets; Heterogeneity; J24; J64;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- J24 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Human Capital; Skills; Occupational Choice; Labor Productivity
- J64 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - Unemployment: Models, Duration, Incidence, and Job Search
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Layard, Richard & Bean, Charles, 1989.
" Why Does Unemployment Persist?,"
Scandinavian Journal of Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 91(2), pages 371-96.
- Olivier Jean Blanchard & Peter Diamond, 1990.
"Ranking, Unemployment Duration, and Wages,"
NBER Working Papers
3387, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gautier, P.A. & Berg, G. van den & Ours, J.C. van & Ridder, G., 2002.
"Worker turnover at the firm level and crowding out of lower educated workers,"
Open Access publications from Tilburg University
urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-91480, Tilburg University.
- A. Gautier, Pieter & J. van den Berg, Gerard & C. van Ours, Jan & Ridder, Geert, 2002. "Worker turnover at the firm level and crowding out of lower educated workers," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 46(3), pages 523-538, March.
- Berg, Gerard J. van den & Gautier, Pieter A. & Ours, Jan C., 1998. "Worker turnover at the firm level and crowding out of lower educated workers," Serie Research Memoranda 0049, VU University Amsterdam, Faculty of Economics, Business Administration and Econometrics.
- Berg, G. van den & Gautier, P.A. & Ours, J.C. van & Ridder, G., 1998. "Worker turnover at the firm level and crowding out of lower educated workers," Discussion Paper 98.104, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Fahr, René & Sunde, Uwe, 2005.
"Regional Dependencies in Job Creation: An Efficiency Analysis for Western Germany,"
IZA Discussion Papers
1660, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Rene Fahr & Uwe Sunde, 2006. "Regional dependencies in job creation: an efficiency analysis for Western Germany," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 38(10), pages 1193-1206.
- van Ours, Jan C., 1995. "An empirical note on employed and unemployed job search," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 49(4), pages 447-452, October.
- Burgess, Simon M, 1993. "A Model of Competition between Unemployed and Employed Job Searchers: An Application to the Unemployment Outflow Rate in Britain," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 103(420), pages 1190-204, September.
- Barbara Petrongolo & Christopher Pissarides, 2000.
"Looking into the black box: a survey of the matching function,"
LSE Research Online Documents on Economics
2122, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Christopher A. Pissarides & Barbara Petrongolo, 2001. "Looking into the Black Box: A Survey of the Matching Function," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 39(2), pages 390-431, June.
- Barbara Petrongolo & Christopher A. Pissarides, 2000. "Looking Into the Black Box: A Survey of the Matching Function," CEP Discussion Papers dp0470, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Petrongolo, Barbara & Pissarides, Christopher, 2000. "Looking Into The Black Box: A Survey Of The Matching Function," CEPR Discussion Papers 2409, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Turon, Helene & Simon Burgess, 2003.
"Unemployment equilibrium and on-the-job search,"
Royal Economic Society Annual Conference 2003
208, Royal Economic Society.
- Sicherman, Nachum, 1991.
""Overeducation" in the Labor Market,"
Journal of Labor Economics,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 9(2), pages 101-22, April.
- Nachum Sicherman, 1987. "Over-Education in the Labor Market," University of Chicago - George G. Stigler Center for Study of Economy and State 48, Chicago - Center for Study of Economy and State.
- Pekka Ilmakunnas & Hanna Pesola, 2003. "Regional Labour Market Matching Functions and Efficiency Analysis," LABOUR, CEIS, vol. 17(3), pages 413-437, 09.
- van Ours, J. C. & Ridder, G., 1995. "Job matching and job competition: Are lower educated workers at the back of job queues?," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 39(9), pages 1717-1731, December.
- Pissarides, Christopher A, 1994.
"Search Unemployment with On-the-Job Search,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 61(3), pages 457-75, July.
- Karen Mumford & Peter N. Smith, .
"The Hiring Function Reconsidered: On Closing The Circle,"
96/45, Department of Economics, University of York.
- Mumford, Karen & Smith, Peter N, 1999. " The Hiring Function Reconsidered: On Closing the Circle," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 61(3), pages 343-64, August.
- Karen Mumford & P Smith, 1997. "The Hiring Function Reconsidered: On Closing the Circle," CEP Discussion Papers dp0359, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Patricia M. Anderson & Simon M. Burgess, 2000. "Empirical Matching Functions: Estimation and Interpretation Using State-Level Data," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 82(1), pages 93-102, February.
- Pissarides, Christopher A, 1992. "Loss of Skill during Unemployment and the Persistence of Employment Shocks," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 107(4), pages 1371-91, November.
- Sanna-Mari Hynninen & Jukka Lahtonen, 2007. "Does population density matter in the process of matching heterogeneous job seekers and vacancies?," Empirica, Springer, vol. 34(5), pages 397-410, December.
- Konstantinos Giannakas & Kien C. Tran & Vangelis Tzouvelekas, 2003. "On the choice of functional form in stochastic frontier modeling," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 28(1), pages 75-100, January.
- Hillmann, Katja, 2009. "Does the Hartz IV Reform have an Effect on Matching Efficiency in Germany? A Stochastic Frontier Approach," MPRA Paper 22295, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Tomasz Jeruzalski & Joanna Tyrowicz, 2009.
"(In)Efficiency of Matching - the Case of a Post-transition Economy,"
2009-10, Faculty of Economic Sciences, University of Warsaw.
- Joanna Tyrowicz & Tomasz Jeruzalski, 2013. "(In)Efficiency of matching: the case of a post-transition economy," Economic Change and Restructuring, Springer, vol. 46(2), pages 255-275, May.
- Jeruzalski, Tomasz & Tyrowicz, Joanna, 2009. "(In)Efficiency of Matching - The Case of A Post-transition Economy," MPRA Paper 16598, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.