A latent class model of theatre demand
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Journal of Cultural Economics.
Volume (Year): 36 (2012)
Issue (Month): 2 (May)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=100284
Theatre demand; Latent class model; Willingness-to-pay; Market segments; Z11; D12; C25;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- Z11 - Other Special Topics - - Cultural Economics - - - Economics of the Arts and Literature
- D12 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - Consumer Economics: Empirical Analysis
- C25 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Discrete Regression and Qualitative Choice Models; Discrete Regressors; Proportions
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Arianto A. Patunru & John B. Braden & Sudip Chattopadhyay, 2007. "Who Cares about Environmental Stigmas and Does It Matter? A Latent Segmentation Analysis of Stated Preferences for Real Estate," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 89(3), pages 712-726.
- Jaap Boter & Jan Rouwendal & Michel Wedel, 2005. "Employing Travel Time to Compare the Value of Competing Cultural Organizations," Journal of Cultural Economics, Springer, vol. 29(1), pages 19-33, February.
- Fernandez-Blanco, Victor & Orea, Luis & Prieto-Rodriguez, Juan, 2009. "Analyzing consumers heterogeneity and self-reported tastes: An approach consistent with the consumer's decision making process," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 30(4), pages 622-633, August.
- Kristien Werck & Bruno Heyndels, 2007. "Programmatic choices and the demand for theatre: the case of Flemish theatres," Journal of Cultural Economics, Springer, vol. 31(1), pages 25-41, March.
- Riccardo Scarpa & Mara Thiene, 2005. "Destination Choice Models for Rock Climbing in the Northeastern Alps: A Latent-Class Approach Based on Intensity of Preferences," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 81(3).
- Whittington, Dale & Smith, V. Kerry & Okorafor, Apia & Okore, Augustine & Liu, Jin Long & McPhail, Alexander, 1992. "Giving respondents time to think in contingent valuation studies: A developing country application," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 22(3), pages 205-225, May.
- Marta Zieba, 2009. "Full-income and price elasticities of demand for German public theatre," Journal of Cultural Economics, Springer, vol. 33(2), pages 85-108, May.
- Andy Choi, 2009. "Willingness to pay: how stable are the estimates?," Journal of Cultural Economics, Springer, vol. 33(4), pages 301-310, November.
- Kelvin J. Lancaster, 1966. "A New Approach to Consumer Theory," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 74, pages 132.
- Sacit Akdede & John King, 2006. "Demand for and productivity analysis of Turkish public theater," Journal of Cultural Economics, Springer, vol. 30(3), pages 219-231, December.
- Throsby, David, 1994. "The Production and Consumption of the Arts: A View of Cultural Economics," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 32(1), pages 1-29, March.
- Junyi Shen, 2009. "Latent class model or mixed logit model? A comparison by transport mode choice data," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 41(22), pages 2915-2924.
- William S. Breffle & Robert D. Rowe, 2002. "Comparing Choice Question Formats for Evaluating Natural Resource Tradeoffs," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 78(2), pages 298-314.
- Greene, William H. & Hensher, David A., 2003. "A latent class model for discrete choice analysis: contrasts with mixed logit," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 37(8), pages 681-698, September.
- Jonathan Corning & Armando Levy, 2002. "Demand for Live Theater with Market Segmentation and Seasonality," Journal of Cultural Economics, Springer, vol. 26(3), pages 217-235, August.
- Daniel Urrutiaguer, 2002. "Quality Judgements and Demand for French Public Theatre," Journal of Cultural Economics, Springer, vol. 26(3), pages 185-202, August.
- Jose Grisolia & K. G. Willis, 2011. "An evening at the theatre: using choice experiments to model preferences for theatres and theatrical productions," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 43(27), pages 3987-3998.
- Edward Morey & Kathleen Greer Rossmann, 2003. "Using Stated-Preference Questions to Investigate Variations in Willingness to Pay for Preserving Marble Monuments: Classic Heterogeneity, Random Parameters, and Mixture Models," Journal of Cultural Economics, Springer, vol. 27(3), pages 215-229, November.
- Ricardo Scarpa & Mara Thiene & Francesco Marangon, 2007.
"Using flexible taste distributions to value collective reputation for environmentally-friendly production methods,"
Working Papers in Economics
07/24, University of Waikato, Department of Economics.
- Riccardo Scarpa & Mara Thiene & Francesco Marangon, 2008. "Using Flexible Taste Distributions to Value Collective Reputation for Environmentally Friendly Production Methods," Canadian Journal of Agricultural Economics/Revue canadienne d'agroeconomie, Canadian Agricultural Economics Society/Societe canadienne d'agroeconomie, vol. 56(2), pages 145-162, 06.
- Donata Favaro & Carlofilippo Frateschi, 2007. "A discrete choice model of consumption of cultural goods: the case of music," Journal of Cultural Economics, Springer, vol. 31(3), pages 205-234, September.
- Bhatnagar, Amit & Ghose, Sanjoy, 2004. "A latent class segmentation analysis of e-shoppers," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 57(7), pages 758-767, July.
- Wen, Chieh-Hua & Lai, Shan-Ching, 2010. "Latent class models of international air carrier choice," Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, Elsevier, vol. 46(2), pages 211-221, March.
- Kenneth A. Baerenklau, 2010. "A Latent Class Approach to Modeling Endogenous Spatial Sorting in Zonal Recreation Demand Models," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 86(4), pages 800-816.
- Trine Hansen, 1997. "The Willingness-to-Pay for the Royal Theatre in Copenhagen as a Public Good," Journal of Cultural Economics, Springer, vol. 21(1), pages 1-28, March.
- Hess, S. & Bierlaire, Michel & Polak, J.W., 2007. "A systematic comparison of continuous and discrete mixture models," European Transport \ Trasporti Europei, ISTIEE, Institute for the Study of Transport within the European Economic Integration, issue 37, pages 35-61.
- K. Willis & J. Snowball, 2009. "Investigating how the attributes of live theatre productions influence consumption choices using conjoint analysis: the example of the National Arts Festival, South Africa," Journal of Cultural Economics, Springer, vol. 33(3), pages 167-183, August.
- Louis Lévy-Garboua & Claude Montmarquette, 1996. "A microeconometric study of theatre demand," Journal of Cultural Economics, Springer, vol. 20(1), pages 25-50, March.
- Jani-Petri Laamanen, 2013. "Estimating demand for opera using sales system data: the case of Finnish National Opera," Journal of Cultural Economics, Springer, vol. 37(4), pages 417-432, November.
- Vij, Akshay & Walker, Joan L., 2014. "Preference endogeneity in discrete choice models," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 64(C), pages 90-105.
- Ateca-Amestoy, Victoria & Prieto-Rodriguez, Juan, 2013.
"Forecasting accuracy of behavioural models for participation in the arts,"
European Journal of Operational Research,
Elsevier, vol. 229(1), pages 124-131.
- Prieto Rodríguez, Juan & Ateca Amestoy, Victoria María, 2012. "Forecasting accuracy of behavioural models for participation in the arts," DFAEII Working Papers 2012-01, University of the Basque Country - Department of Foundations of Economic Analysis II.
- Victoria M. Ateca-Amestoy & Juan Prieto-Rodriguez, 2012. "Forecasting accuracy of behavioural models for participation in the arts," ACEI Working Paper Series AWP-01-2012, the Association for Cultural Economics International, revised Feb 2012.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.