A latent class model of theatre demand
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Journal of Cultural Economics.
Volume (Year): 36 (2012)
Issue (Month): 2 (May)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=100284
Theatre demand; Latent class model; Willingness-to-pay; Market segments; Z11; D12; C25;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- Z11 - Other Special Topics - - Cultural Economics - - - Economics of the Arts and Literature
- D12 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - Consumer Economics: Empirical Analysis
- C25 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Discrete Regression and Qualitative Choice Models; Discrete Regressors; Proportions
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- K. Willis & J. Snowball, 2009. "Investigating how the attributes of live theatre productions influence consumption choices using conjoint analysis: the example of the National Arts Festival, South Africa," Journal of Cultural Economics, Springer, vol. 33(3), pages 167-183, August.
- Kelvin J. Lancaster, 1966. "A New Approach to Consumer Theory," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 74, pages 132.
- Bhatnagar, Amit & Ghose, Sanjoy, 2004. "A latent class segmentation analysis of e-shoppers," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 57(7), pages 758-767, July.
- Jose Grisolia & K. G. Willis, 2011. "An evening at the theatre: using choice experiments to model preferences for theatres and theatrical productions," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 43(27), pages 3987-3998.
- Riccardo Scarpa & Mara Thiene, 2005. "Destination Choice Models for Rock Climbing in the Northeastern Alps: A Latent-Class Approach Based on Intensity of Preferences," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 81(3).
- Trine Hansen, 1997. "The Willingness-to-Pay for the Royal Theatre in Copenhagen as a Public Good," Journal of Cultural Economics, Springer, vol. 21(1), pages 1-28, March.
- Riccardo Scarpa & Mara Thiene & Francesco Marangon, 2008.
"Using Flexible Taste Distributions to Value Collective Reputation for Environmentally Friendly Production Methods,"
Canadian Journal of Agricultural Economics/Revue canadienne d'agroeconomie,
Canadian Agricultural Economics Society/Societe canadienne d'agroeconomie, vol. 56(2), pages 145-162, 06.
- Ricardo Scarpa & Mara Thiene & Francesco Marangon, 2007. "Using flexible taste distributions to value collective reputation for environmentally-friendly production methods," Working Papers in Economics 07/24, University of Waikato, Department of Economics.
- Louis Lévy-Garboua & Claude Montmarquette, 1996. "A microeconometric study of theatre demand," Journal of Cultural Economics, Springer, vol. 20(1), pages 25-50, March.
- Whittington, Dale & Smith, V. Kerry & Okorafor, Apia & Okore, Augustine & Liu, Jin Long & McPhail, Alexander, 1992. "Giving respondents time to think in contingent valuation studies: A developing country application," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 22(3), pages 205-225, May.
- Jonathan Corning & Armando Levy, 2002. "Demand for Live Theater with Market Segmentation and Seasonality," Journal of Cultural Economics, Springer, vol. 26(3), pages 217-235, August.
- Greene, William H. & Hensher, David A., 2003. "A latent class model for discrete choice analysis: contrasts with mixed logit," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 37(8), pages 681-698, September.
- Kenneth A. Baerenklau, 2010. "A Latent Class Approach to Modeling Endogenous Spatial Sorting in Zonal Recreation Demand Models," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 86(4), pages 800-816.
- Donata Favaro & Carlofilippo Frateschi, 2007. "A discrete choice model of consumption of cultural goods: the case of music," Journal of Cultural Economics, Springer, vol. 31(3), pages 205-234, September.
- Throsby, David, 1994. "The Production and Consumption of the Arts: A View of Cultural Economics," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 32(1), pages 1-29, March.
- Junyi Shen, 2009. "Latent class model or mixed logit model? A comparison by transport mode choice data," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 41(22), pages 2915-2924.
- William S. Breffle & Robert D. Rowe, 2002. "Comparing Choice Question Formats for Evaluating Natural Resource Tradeoffs," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 78(2), pages 298-314.
- Hess, S. & Bierlaire, Michel & Polak, J.W., 2007. "A systematic comparison of continuous and discrete mixture models," European Transport \ Trasporti Europei, ISTIEE, Institute for the Study of Transport within the European Economic Integration, issue 37, pages 35-61.
- Wen, Chieh-Hua & Lai, Shan-Ching, 2010. "Latent class models of international air carrier choice," Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, Elsevier, vol. 46(2), pages 211-221, March.
- Sacit Akdede & John King, 2006. "Demand for and productivity analysis of Turkish public theater," Journal of Cultural Economics, Springer, vol. 30(3), pages 219-231, December.
- Jaap Boter & Jan Rouwendal & Michel Wedel, 2005. "Employing Travel Time to Compare the Value of Competing Cultural Organizations," Journal of Cultural Economics, Springer, vol. 29(1), pages 19-33, February.
- Edward Morey & Kathleen Greer Rossmann, 2003. "Using Stated-Preference Questions to Investigate Variations in Willingness to Pay for Preserving Marble Monuments: Classic Heterogeneity, Random Parameters, and Mixture Models," Journal of Cultural Economics, Springer, vol. 27(3), pages 215-229, November.
- Arianto A. Patunru & John B. Braden & Sudip Chattopadhyay, 2007. "Who Cares about Environmental Stigmas and Does It Matter? A Latent Segmentation Analysis of Stated Preferences for Real Estate," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 89(3), pages 712-726.
- Kristien Werck & Bruno Heyndels, 2007. "Programmatic choices and the demand for theatre: the case of Flemish theatres," Journal of Cultural Economics, Springer, vol. 31(1), pages 25-41, March.
- Andy Choi, 2009. "Willingness to pay: how stable are the estimates?," Journal of Cultural Economics, Springer, vol. 33(4), pages 301-310, November.
- Fernandez-Blanco, Victor & Orea, Luis & Prieto-Rodriguez, Juan, 2009. "Analyzing consumers heterogeneity and self-reported tastes: An approach consistent with the consumer's decision making process," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 30(4), pages 622-633, August.
- Marta Zieba, 2009. "Full-income and price elasticities of demand for German public theatre," Journal of Cultural Economics, Springer, vol. 33(2), pages 85-108, May.
- Daniel Urrutiaguer, 2002. "Quality Judgements and Demand for French Public Theatre," Journal of Cultural Economics, Springer, vol. 26(3), pages 185-202, August.
- Ateca-Amestoy, Victoria & Prieto-Rodriguez, Juan, 2013.
"Forecasting accuracy of behavioural models for participation in the arts,"
European Journal of Operational Research,
Elsevier, vol. 229(1), pages 124-131.
- Victoria M. Ateca-Amestoy & Juan Prieto-Rodriguez, 2012. "Forecasting accuracy of behavioural models for participation in the arts," ACEI Working Paper Series AWP-01-2012, the Association for Cultural Economics International, revised Feb 2012.
- Prieto Rodríguez, Juan & Ateca Amestoy, Victoria María, 2012. "Forecasting accuracy of behavioural models for participation in the arts," DFAEII Working Papers 2012-01, University of the Basque Country - Department of Foundations of Economic Analysis II.
- Jani-Petri Laamanen, 2013. "Estimating demand for opera using sales system data: the case of Finnish National Opera," Journal of Cultural Economics, Springer, vol. 37(4), pages 417-432, November.
- Vij, Akshay & Walker, Joan L., 2014. "Preference endogeneity in discrete choice models," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 64(C), pages 90-105.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.