Ajuste Estacional e Integración en Variables Macroeconómicas
AbstractSeparating seasonal components from other sources of economic fluctuations is crucial for both economic modeling and policy making. Practitioners treat seasonality as noise to be removed before estimating models and tend to apply deseasonalizing methods i
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Instituto de Economía. Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile. in its journal Cuadernos de Economía-Latin American Journal of Economics.
Volume (Year): 39 (2002)
Issue (Month): 116 ()
Other versions of this item:
- Raimundo Soto, 2000. "Ajuste Estacional e Integración en Variables Macroeconómicas," Working Papers Central Bank of Chile 73, Central Bank of Chile.
- C12 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Hypothesis Testing: General
- C13 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Estimation: General
- C22 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models &bull Diffusion Processes
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- J. Joseph Beaulieu & Jeffrey A. Miron, 1992.
"Seasonal Unit Roots in Aggregate U.S. Data,"
NBER Technical Working Papers
0126, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Dickey, David A & Fuller, Wayne A, 1981. "Likelihood Ratio Statistics for Autoregressive Time Series with a Unit Root," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 49(4), pages 1057-72, June.
- Ermini, Luigi, 1998. "A Tale of Three Seasonal Adjustment Procedures: The Case of Sweden's GDP," Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance 230, Stockholm School of Economics.
- Ghysels, Eric, 1997. "On seasonality and business cycle durations: A nonparametric investigation," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 79(2), pages 269-290, August.
- Abeysinghe, Tilak, 1994. "Forecasting performance of seasonal-dummy models relative to some alternatives," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 44(4), pages 365-370, April.
- Abeysinghe, Tilak, 1991. "Inappropriate use of seasonal dummies in regression," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 36(2), pages 175-179, June.
- Osborn, Denise R, et al, 1988. "Seasonality and the Order of Integration for Consumption," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 50(4), pages 361-77, November.
- Granger, C. W. J. & Newbold, P., 1974. "Spurious regressions in econometrics," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 2(2), pages 111-120, July.
- Jeffrey A. Miron & J. Joseph Beaulieu, 1995.
"What Have Macroeconomists Learned about Business Cycles from the Study of Seasonal Cycles?,"
NBER Working Papers
5258, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Miron, Jeffrey A & Beaulieu, J Joseph, 1996. "What Have Macroeconomists Learned about Business Cycles form the Study of Seasonal Cycles?," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 78(1), pages 54-66, February.
- Hansen, Lars Peter & Sargent, Thomas J., 1993. "Seasonality and approximation errors in rational expectations models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 55(1-2), pages 21-55.
- Christopher A. Sims, 1990.
"Rational expectations modeling with seasonally adjusted data,"
Discussion Paper / Institute for Empirical Macroeconomics
35, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Sims, Christopher A., 1993. "Rational expectations modeling with seasonally adjusted data," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 55(1-2), pages 9-19.
- Abeysinghe, Tilak, 1994. "Deterministic seasonal models and spurious regressions," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 61(2), pages 259-272, April.
- repec:fth:erroem:9717/a is not listed on IDEAS
- Olekalns, Nilss, 1994. "Testing for unit roots in seasonally adjusted data," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 45(3), pages 273-279.
- Franses, Ph.H.B.F. & de Bruin, P. & van Dijk, D.J.C., 2000. "Seasonal smooth transition autoregression," Econometric Institute Research Papers EI 2000-06/A, Erasmus University Rotterdam, Erasmus School of Economics (ESE), Econometric Institute.
- Franses, Ph.H.B.F. & Hoek, H. & Paap, R., 1995.
"Bayesian Analysis of Seasonal Unit Roots and Seasonal Mean Shifts,"
Econometric Institute Research Papers
EI 9527-/A, Erasmus University Rotterdam, Erasmus School of Economics (ESE), Econometric Institute.
- Franses, Philip Hans & Hoek, Henk & Paap, Richard, 1997. "Bayesian analysis of seasonal unit roots and seasonal mean shifts," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 78(2), pages 359-380, June.
- Rómulo A.Chumacero & Francisco A.Gallego, 2002.
"Trends and cycles in real-time,"
Estudios de Economia,
University of Chile, Department of Economics, vol. 29(2 Year 20), pages 211-229, December.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Amparo García).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.