Franchising. A Literature Review on Management and Control Issues
AbstractThis article provides an overview of the recent literature on franchising, with special attention to management control issues. Based on an analysis of franchising articles published in twenty-five high-impact journals over the period 1996-2008, the literature is divided into the following three broad streams: franchise initiation and subsequent propensity to franchise, franchise performance and control of franchising relationships. Several research gaps and avenues for future research are identified, especially towards a systematic study of management control issues in the context of franchising relationships.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Faculteit Economie en Bedrijfswetenschappen in its journal Review of Business and Economics.
Volume (Year): LIII (2008)
Issue (Month): 4 ()
Franchising; literature review; management control;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- D23 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Organizational Behavior; Transaction Costs; Property Rights
- L22 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Firm Organization and Market Structure
- L26 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Entrepreneurship
- M21 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Business Economics - - - Business Economics
- M40 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Accounting - - - General
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Hilde Roos) The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Hilde Roos to update the entry or send us the correct address.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.