Franchise turnover and failure: New research and perspectives
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Business Venturing.
Volume (Year): 18 (2003)
Issue (Month): 3 (May)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jbusvent
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Timothy Bates, 1997.
"Survival Patterns Among Newcomers to Franchising,"
97-1, Center for Economic Studies, U.S. Census Bureau.
- Falbe, Cecilia M. & Welsh, Dianne H. B., 1998. "NAFTA and franchising: A comparison of franchisor perceptions of characteristics associated with franchisee success and failure in Canada, Mexico, and the United States," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 13(2), pages 151-171, March.
- Kaufmann, Patrick J., 1999. "Franchising and the choice of self-employment," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 14(4), pages 345-362, July.
- Fulop Christina & FORWARD JIM, 1997. "Insights into Franchising: A Review of Empirical and Theoretical Perspectives," The Service Industries Journal, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 17(4), pages 603-625, October.
- Stanworth, John & Curran, James, 1999. "Colas, burgers, shakes, and shirkers: Towards a sociological model of franchising in the market economy," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 14(4), pages 323-344, July.
- Kaufmann, Patrick J & Lafontaine, Francine, 1994. "Costs of Control: The," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 37(2), pages 417-53, October.
- Vincent, William Slater, 1998. "Encroachment: legal restrictions on retail franchise expansion," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 29-41, January.
- Phan, Phillip H. & Butler, John E. & Lee, Soo H., 1996. "Crossing mother: Entrepreneur-franchisees' attempts to reduce franchisor influence," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 11(5), pages 379-402, September.
- Dant, Rajiv P. & Nasr, Nada I., 1998. "Control techniques and upward flow of information in franchising in distant markets: conceptualization and preliminary evidence," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 3-28, January.
- Lafontaine, Francine & Shaw, Kathryn L., 1998. "Franchising growth and franchisor entry and exit in the U.S. market: Myth and reality," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 13(2), pages 95-112, March.
- Jambulingam, Thani & Nevin, John R., 1999. "Influence of franchisee selection criteria on outcomes desired by the franchisor," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 14(4), pages 363-395, July.
- Kaufmann, Patrick J. & Dant, Rajiv P., 1996. "Multi-unit franchising: Growth and management issues," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 11(5), pages 343-358, September.
- Robert Feinberg, 2010.
"Do international shocks affect small wholesalers and retailers?,"
Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv),
Springer, vol. 146(2), pages 323-338, June.
- Robert M. Feinberg, 2009. "Do International Shocks Affect Small Wholesalers and Retailers?," Working Papers 2009-02, American University, Department of Economics.
- Gary Castrogiovanni & Robert Justis, 2007. "Franchise failure: a reassessment of the Bates (1995) results," Service Business, Springer, vol. 1(3), pages 247-256, September.
- Cope, Jason, 2011. "Entrepreneurial learning from failure: An interpretative phenomenological analysis," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 26(6), pages 604-623.
- Andrew Eckert & Douglas West, 2008. "Firm Survival and Chain Growth in a Privatized Retail Liquor Store Industry," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer, vol. 32(1), pages 1-18, February.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.