The effect of FDI and foreign trade on wages in the Central and Eastern European Countries in the post-transition era: A sectoral analysis for the manufacturing industry
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Structural Change and Economic Dynamics.
Volume (Year): 19 (2008)
Issue (Month): 1 (March)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/525148
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Nigel Driffield & Sourafel Girma, 2003. "Regional Foreign Direct Investment and Wage Spillovers: Plant Level Evidence from the UK Electronics Industry," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 65(4), pages 453-474, 09.
- Aitken, Brian & Harrison, Ann & Lipsey, Robert E., 1996.
"Wages and foreign ownership A comparative study of Mexico, Venezuela, and the United States,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 40(3-4), pages 345-371, May.
- Aitken, B. & Harrison, A. & Lipsey, R.E., 1995. "Wages and Foreign Ownership: A Comparative Study of Mexico, Venezuela, and the United States," Papers 95-21, Columbia - Graduate School of Business.
- Brian Aitken & Ann Harrison & Robert E. Lipsey, 1997. "Wages and Foreign Ownership: A Comparative Study of Mexico, Venezuela and the United States," NBER Working Papers 5102, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Görg, Holger & Greenaway, David, 2003.
"Much Ado About Nothing? Do Domestic Firms Really Benefit from Foreign Direct Investment?,"
IZA Discussion Papers
944, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Holger Görg & David Greenaway, 2004. "Much Ado about Nothing? Do Domestic Firms Really Benefit from Foreign Direct Investment?," World Bank Research Observer, World Bank Group, vol. 19(2), pages 171-197.
- Robert E. Lipsey & Fredrik Sjoholm, 2001. "Foreign Direct Investment and Wages in Indonesian Manufacturing," NBER Working Papers 8299, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Tomasz Mickiewicz & Slavo Radosevic & Urmas Varblane, 2000.
"The Value of Diversity: Foreign Direct Investment and Employment in Central Europe During Economic Recovery,"
One Europe or Several? Working Papers
5, One-Europe Programme.
- Urmas Varblane & Tomasz Mickiewicz & Slavo Radosevic, 2000. "The Value Of Diversity: Foreign Direct Investmentand Employment In Central Europe During Economic Recovery," University of Tartu - Faculty of Economics and Business Administration Working Paper Series 2, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, University of Tartu (Estonia).
- Ingo Geishecker & Gabor Hunya, 2005. "Employment Effects of Foreign Direct Investment in Central and Eastern Europe," wiiw Research Reports 321, The Vienna Institute for International Economic Studies, wiiw.
- Ann Harrison & Gordon Hanson, 1999.
"Who Gains from Trade Reform? Some Remaining Puzzles,"
NBER Working Papers
6915, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Harrison, Ann & Hanson, Gordon, 1999. "Who gains from trade reform? Some remaining puzzles," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 59(1), pages 125-154, June.
- Anderton, Bob & Brenton, Paul, 1999.
"Outsourcing and Low-Skilled Workers in the UK,"
Bulletin of Economic Research,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 51(4), pages 267-85, October.
- White, Halbert, 1982. "Maximum Likelihood Estimation of Misspecified Models," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(1), pages 1-25, January.
- Rowthorn, R E, 1977. "Conflict, Inflation and Money," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 1(3), pages 215-39, September.
- Frank Barry & Holger Gorg & Eric Strobl, 2005. "Foreign direct investment and wages in domestic firms in Ireland: Productivity spillovers versus labour-market crowding out," International Journal of the Economics of Business, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 12(1), pages 67-84.
- Fritz Breuss, .
"Macroeconomic Effects of EU Enlargement for Old and New Members,"
WIFO Working Papers
- Fritz Breuss, 2001. "Macroeconomic Effects of EU Enlargement on Old and New Members," WIFO Monatsberichte (monthly reports), WIFO, vol. 74(11), pages 655-666, November.
- Joze Mencinger, 2003. "Does Foreign Direct Investment Always Enhance Economic Growth?," Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 56(4), pages 491-508, November.
- Gerald Epstein & James Burke, 2001. "Threat Effects and the Internationalization of Production," Working Papers wp15, Political Economy Research Institute, University of Massachusetts at Amherst.
- Girma, Sourafel & Greenaway, David & Wakelin, Katharine, 2001.
"Who Benefits from Foreign Direct Investment in the UK?,"
Scottish Journal of Political Economy,
Scottish Economic Society, vol. 48(2), pages 119-33, May.
- Sourafel Girma & David Greenaway & Katharine Wakelin, 2013. "Who Benefits from Foreign Direct Investment in the UK?," Scottish Journal of Political Economy, Scottish Economic Society, vol. 60(5), pages 560-574, November.
- Peter Egger & Robert Stehrer, .
"International Outsourcing and the Skill-Specific Wage Bill in Eastern Europe,"
WIFO Working Papers
- Peter Egger & Robert Stehrer, 2003. "International Outsourcing and the Skill--Specific Wage Bill in Eastern Europe," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 26(1), pages 61-72, January.
- Peter Egger & Robert Stehrer, 2001. "International Outsourcing and the Skill-Specific Wage Bill in Eastern Europe," wiiw Working Papers 17, The Vienna Institute for International Economic Studies, wiiw.
- Belderbos, Rene & Capannelli, Giovanni & Fukao, Kyoji, 2001. "Backward Vertical Linkages of Foreign Manufacturing Affiliates: Evidence from Japanese Multinationals," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 189-208, January.
- Robert C. Feenstra & Gordon H. Hanson, 1995.
"Foreign Direct Investment and Relative Wages: Evidence from Mexico's Maquiladoras,"
NBER Working Papers
5122, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Feenstra, Robert C. & Hanson, Gordon H., 1997. "Foreign direct investment and relative wages: Evidence from Mexico's maquiladoras," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(3-4), pages 371-393, May.
- David G. Blanchflower & Andrew J. Oswald, 1995. "An Introduction to the Wage Curve," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 9(3), pages 153-167, Summer.
- Paul Krugman, 1995. "Growing World Trade: Causes and Consequences," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 26(1, 25th A), pages 327-377.
- Ozlem Onaran, 2004. "Life After Crisis For Labor And Capital in the Era of Neoliberal Globalization," Working Papers geewp43, Vienna University of Economics Research Group: Growth and Employment in Europe: Sustainability and Competitiveness.
- Robert E. Lipsey, 2002. "Home and Host Country Effects of FDI," NBER Working Papers 9293, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Aleksandra Parteka, 2012. "Skilled-Unskilled Wage Gap Versus Evolving Trade And Labour Market Structures in the EU," Working Papers 1204, Instytut Rozwoju, Institute for Development.
- Nuno Carlos LEITÃO, 2012. "Financial Management and Economic Growth: The European Countries Experience," Economia. Seria Management, Faculty of Management, Academy of Economic Studies, Bucharest, Romania, vol. 15(2), pages 261-268, December.
- Leitão, Nuno Carlos, 2012. "Bank credit and economic growth," MPRA Paper 42664, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2012.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.