The effect of FDI and foreign trade on wages in the Central and Eastern European Countries in the post-transition era: A sectoral analysis for the manufacturing industry
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Structural Change and Economic Dynamics.
Volume (Year): 19 (2008)
Issue (Month): 1 (March)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/525148
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Görg, Holger & Greenaway, David, 2003.
"Much Ado About Nothing? Do Domestic Firms Really Benefit from Foreign Direct Investment?,"
IZA Discussion Papers
944, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Holger Görg & David Greenaway, 2004. "Much Ado about Nothing? Do Domestic Firms Really Benefit from Foreign Direct Investment?," World Bank Research Observer, World Bank Group, vol. 19(2), pages 171-197.
- Belderbos, Rene & Capannelli, G & Fukao, K, 2001.
"Backward vertical linkages of foreign manufacturing affiliates: Evidence from Japanese multinationals,"
Open Access publications from Katholieke Universiteit Leuven
urn:hdl:123456789/99731, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven.
- Belderbos, Rene & Capannelli, Giovanni & Fukao, Kyoji, 2001. "Backward Vertical Linkages of Foreign Manufacturing Affiliates: Evidence from Japanese Multinationals," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 189-208, January.
- Robert E. Lipsey & Fredrik Sjoholm, 2001. "Foreign Direct Investment and Wages in Indonesian Manufacturing," NBER Working Papers 8299, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Girma, Sourafel & Greenaway, David & Wakelin, Katharine, 2001. "Who Benefits from Foreign Direct Investment in the UK?," Scottish Journal of Political Economy, Scottish Economic Society, vol. 48(2), pages 119-33, May.
- Urmas Varblane & Tomasz Mickiewicz & Slavo Radosevic, 2000.
"The Value Of Diversity: Foreign Direct Investmentand Employment In Central Europe During Economic Recovery,"
University of Tartu - Faculty of Economics and Business Administration Working Paper Series
2, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, University of Tartu (Estonia).
- Tomasz Mickiewicz & Slavo Radosevic & Urmas Varblane, 2000. "The Value of Diversity: Foreign Direct Investment and Employment in Central Europe During Economic Recovery," One Europe or Several? Working Papers 5, One-Europe Programme.
- Robert E. Lipsey, 2002. "Home and Host Country Effects of FDI," NBER Working Papers 9293, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Nigel Driffield & Sourafel Girma, 2003. "Regional Foreign Direct Investment and Wage Spillovers: Plant Level Evidence from the UK Electronics Industry," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 65(4), pages 453-474, 09.
- Peter Egger & Robert Stehrer, .
"International Outsourcing and the Skill-Specific Wage Bill in Eastern Europe,"
WIFO Working Papers
- Peter Egger & Robert Stehrer, 2003. "International Outsourcing and the Skill--Specific Wage Bill in Eastern Europe," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 26(1), pages 61-72, January.
- Peter Egger & Robert Stehrer, 2001. "International Outsourcing and the Skill-Specific Wage Bill in Eastern Europe," wiiw Working Papers 17, The Vienna Institute for International Economic Studies, wiiw.
- Paul Krugman, 1995. "Growing World Trade: Causes and Consequences," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 26(1, 25th A), pages 327-377.
- Rowthorn, R E, 1977. "Conflict, Inflation and Money," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 1(3), pages 215-39, September.
- Ann Harrison & Gordon Hanson, 1999.
"Who Gains from Trade Reform? Some Remaining Puzzles,"
NBER Working Papers
6915, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Harrison, Ann & Hanson, Gordon, 1999. "Who gains from trade reform? Some remaining puzzles," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 59(1), pages 125-154, June.
- Gerald Epstein & James Burke, 2001. "Threat Effects and the Internationalization of Production," Working Papers wp15, Political Economy Research Institute, University of Massachusetts at Amherst.
- Frank Barry & Holger Gorg & Eric Strobl, 2005. "Foreign direct investment and wages in domestic firms in Ireland: Productivity spillovers versus labour-market crowding out," International Journal of the Economics of Business, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 12(1), pages 67-84.
- Fritz Breuss, .
"Macroeconomic Effects of EU Enlargement for Old and New Members,"
WIFO Working Papers
- Fritz Breuss, 2001. "Macroeconomic Effects of EU Enlargement on Old and New Members," WIFO Monatsberichte (monthly reports), WIFO, vol. 74(11), pages 655-666, November.
- David G. Blanchflower & Andrew J. Oswald, 1995. "An Introduction to the Wage Curve," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 9(3), pages 153-167, Summer.
- Ingo Geishecker & Gabor Hunya, 2005. "Employment Effects of Foreign Direct Investment in Central and Eastern Europe," wiiw Research Reports 321, The Vienna Institute for International Economic Studies, wiiw.
- Joze Mencinger, 2003. "Does Foreign Direct Investment Always Enhance Economic Growth?," Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 56(4), pages 491-508, November.
- Brian Aitken & Ann Harrison & Robert E. Lipsey, 1997.
"Wages and Foreign Ownership: A Comparative Study of Mexico, Venezuela and the United States,"
NBER Working Papers
5102, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Aitken, Brian & Harrison, Ann & Lipsey, Robert E., 1996. "Wages and foreign ownership A comparative study of Mexico, Venezuela, and the United States," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 40(3-4), pages 345-371, May.
- Aitken, B. & Harrison, A. & Lipsey, R.E., 1995. "Wages and Foreign Ownership: A Comparative Study of Mexico, Venezuela, and the United States," Papers 95-21, Columbia - Graduate School of Business.
- Ozlem Onaran, 2004. "Life After Crisis For Labor And Capital in the Era of Neoliberal Globalization," Working Papers geewp43, Vienna University of Economics and B.A. Research Group: Growth and Employment in Europe: Sustainability and Competitiveness.
- Bob Anderton & Paul Brenton, 1998.
"Outsourcing and Low-Skilled Workers in the UK,"
CSGR Working papers series
12/98, Centre for the Study of Globalisation and Regionalisation (CSGR), University of Warwick.
- Robert C. Feenstra & Gordon H. Hanson, 1995.
"Foreign Direct Investment and Relative Wages: Evidence from Mexico's Maquiladoras,"
NBER Working Papers
5122, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Feenstra, Robert C. & Hanson, Gordon H., 1997. "Foreign direct investment and relative wages: Evidence from Mexico's maquiladoras," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(3-4), pages 371-393, May.
- White, Halbert, 1982. "Maximum Likelihood Estimation of Misspecified Models," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(1), pages 1-25, January.
- Aleksandra Parteka, 2012. "Skilled-Unskilled Wage Gap Versus Evolving Trade And Labour Market Structures in the EU," Working Papers 1204, Instytut Rozwoju, Institute for Development.
- Leitão, Nuno Carlos, 2012. "Bank credit and economic growth," MPRA Paper 42664, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2012.
- Nuno Carlos LEITÃO, 2012. "Financial Management and Economic Growth: The European Countries Experience," Economia. Seria Management, Faculty of Management, Academy of Economic Studies, Bucharest, Romania, vol. 15(2), pages 261-268, December.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.