Why do governments subsidise investment and not employment?
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Public Economics.
Volume (Year): 78 (2000)
Issue (Month): 1-2 (October)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505578
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Connolly, Robert A & Hirsch, Barry T & Hirschey, Mark, 1986. "Union Rent Seeking, Intangible Capital, and Market Value of the Firm," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 68(4), pages 567-77, November.
- Begg, David & Portes, Richard, 1992.
"Eastern Germany Since Unification: Wage Subsidies Remain a Better Way,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
730, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- David Begg & Richard Portes, 1993. "Eastern Germany since unification: wage subsidies remain a better way," The Economics of Transition, The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, vol. 1(4), pages 383-400, December.
- Oswald, Andrew J., 1993.
"Efficient contracts are on the labour demand curve : Theory and facts,"
Elsevier, vol. 1(1), pages 85-113, June.
- Oswald, A. J., 1995. "Efficient contracts are on the labour demand curve: Theory and facts," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 2(1), pages 102-102, March.
- Andrew Oswald, 1984. "Efficient Contracts are on the Labour Demand Curve: Theory and Facts," Working Papers 555, Princeton University, Department of Economics, Industrial Relations Section..
- Denny, Kevin & Nickell, Stephen J, 1992.
"Unions and Investment in British Industry,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 102(413), pages 874-87, July.
- Kolm, Ann-Sofie, 1998. "Differentiated payroll taxes, unemployment, and welfare," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 70(2), pages 255-271, November.
- Michael B. Devereux & Ben Lockwood, 1989.
"Trade Unions, Non-Binding Wage Agreements, and Capital Accumulation,"
743, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- Devereux, Michael B. & Lockwood, Ben, 1991. "Trade unions, non-binding wage agreements, and capital accumulation," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 35(7), pages 1411-1426, October.
- MaCurdy, Thomas E & Pencavel, John H, 1986. "Testing between Competing Models of Wage and Employment Determination in Unionized Markets," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 94(3), pages S3-S39, June.
- Simon Anderson & Michael Devereux, 1985.
"Trade Unions and the Choice of Capital Stock,"
600, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- Sinn, Hans-Werner, 1995. "Factor Price Distortions and Public Subsidies in East Germany," CEPR Discussion Papers 1155, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Gaute Torsvik, 1993. "Regional-incentive programs and the problem of time-inconsistent plans," Journal of Economics, Springer, vol. 58(2), pages 187-202, June.
- Sinn, Gerlinde & Sinn, Hans-Werner, 1992. "Kaltstart. Volkswirtschaftliche Aspekte der Deutschen Vereinigung," Monograph, Mohr Siebeck, Tübingen, edition 2, number urn:isbn:9783161459429, February.
- George A. Akerlof & Andrew K. Rose & Janet L. Yellen & Helga Hessenius, 1991. "East Germany in from the Cold: The Economic Aftermath of Currency Union," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 22(1), pages 1-106.
- Clemens Fuest & Bernd Huber, 1998. "Why Do Countries Subsidize Investment and Not Employment?," NBER Working Papers 6685, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Nash, John, 1950. "The Bargaining Problem," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 18(2), pages 155-162, April.
- Kangasharju, Aki & Venetoklis, Takis, 2002. "Effect of business subsidies on labour demand: overall evaluation with regional extensions," ERSA conference papers ersa02p172, European Regional Science Association.
- Vincent Dupont & Philippe Martin, 2006.
"Subsidies to poor regions and inequalities: some unpleasant arithmetic,"
Journal of Economic Geography,
Oxford University Press, vol. 6(2), pages 223-240, April.
- Dupont, Vincent & Martin, Philippe, 2003. "Subsidies to Poor Regions and Inequalities: Some Unpleasant Arithmetic," CEPR Discussion Papers 4107, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Knabe, Andreas, 2009. "Implementing endogenous inside options in Nash wage bargaining models," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 57(2), pages 161-176, March.
- Fuest, Clemens & Huber, Bernd, 2006. "Can regional policy in a federation improve economic efficiency?," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 90(3), pages 499-511, February.
- Philippe Martin, 2005. "The geography of inequalities in Europe," Sciences Po publications info:hdl:2441/9283, Sciences Po.
- Andreas Haufler & Ferdinand Mittermaier, 2008.
"Unionisation Triggers Tax Incentives to Attract Foreign Direct Investment,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
2312, CESifo Group Munich.
- Andreas Haufler & Ferdinand Mittermaier, 2011. "Unionisation Triggers Tax Incentives to Attract Foreign Direct Investment," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 121(553), pages 793-818, 06.
- Haufler, Andreas & Mittermaier, Ferdinand, 2008. "Unionisation triggers tax incentives to attract foreign direct investment," Discussion Papers in Economics 3752, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Andreas Haufler & Ferdinand Mittermaier, 2008. "Unionisation triggers tax incentives to attract foreign direct investment," Working Papers 052, Bavarian Graduate Program in Economics (BGPE).
- Takis Venetoklis & Aki Kangasharju, 2002. "Business Subsidies and Employment of Firms: Overall Evaluation and Regional Extension," Discussion Papers 268, Government Institute for Economic Research Finland (VATT).
- Bijie Ren, 2008. "The regional effects of marginal wage subsidies," Psychometrika, Springer, vol. 3(4), pages 598-626, December.
- Thorsten Bayindir-Upmann & Anke Gerber, 2003. "The Kalai-Smorodinsky Solution in Labor-Market Negotiations," CESifo Working Paper Series 941, CESifo Group Munich.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.